Caravan 98 It has spark, It has fuel, will not start Codes said,PCM Internal fault, Replaced it,, will not start

Old May 11th 16, 05:50 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tesla sTinker

Default Caravan 98 It has spark, It has fuel, will not start Codes said,PCM Internal fault, Replaced it,, will not start

Grand Caravan SE will not start. Changed PCM, because it gave a code
53. Book says, PCM internal fault. Was driving along and all of a
sudden, blank. Dead. Quit...
Lights on dash odometer went out at that very moment when it quit.
Turned key, then back on, tried to start, no lights on dash. Turned key
off and back on again, lights came on on dash. But would not start.

Starter cranking fine. Has Fuel, Has spark, will not start.
Anyone have any ideas? NO, timing belt has been replace did that too.
Have cleaned all the pins on the pcm module, repluged. When I
hooked it back up, codes gone. turn key gives disconnect code and end
code just fine... on both PCMs - Still will not start. So I have two
PCM modules, and the same problem...

camshaft sensor has been replaced. Still will not start. Has Fuel,
Has Spark. ?????

Old May 11th 16, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Ken Olson

On 5/11/2016 12:50 PM, tesla sTinker wrote:
> Grand Caravan SE will not start. Changed PCM, because it gave a code
> 53. Book says, PCM internal fault. Was driving along and all of a
> sudden, blank. Dead. Quit...
> Lights on dash odometer went out at that very moment when it quit.
> Turned key, then back on, tried to start, no lights on dash. Turned key
> off and back on again, lights came on on dash. But would not start.
>
> Starter cranking fine. Has Fuel, Has spark, will not start.
> Anyone have any ideas? NO, timing belt has been replace did that too.
> Have cleaned all the pins on the pcm module, repluged. When I hooked
> it back up, codes gone. turn key gives disconnect code and end code
> just fine... on both PCMs - Still will not start. So I have two PCM
> modules, and the same problem...
>
> camshaft sensor has been replaced. Still will not start. Has Fuel,
> Has Spark. ?????
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

What are the compression readings?
Old May 15th 16, 08:45 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tesla sTinker

On 5/11/2016 10:01 AM, Ken Olson wrote:
> On 5/11/2016 12:50 PM, tesla sTinker wrote:
>> Grand Caravan SE will not start. Changed PCM, because it gave a code
>> 53. Book says, PCM internal fault. Was driving along and all of a
>> sudden, blank. Dead. Quit...
>> Lights on dash odometer went out at that very moment when it quit.
>> Turned key, then back on, tried to start, no lights on dash. Turned key
>> off and back on again, lights came on on dash. But would not start.
>>
>> Starter cranking fine. Has Fuel, Has spark, will not start.
>> Anyone have any ideas? NO, timing belt has been replace did that too.
>> Have cleaned all the pins on the pcm module, repluged. When I hooked
>> it back up, codes gone. turn key gives disconnect code and end code
>> just fine... on both PCMs - Still will not start. So I have two PCM
>> modules, and the same problem...
>>
>> camshaft sensor has been replaced. Still will not start. Has Fuel,
>> Has Spark. ?????
>>
>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

> What are the compression readings?

160-180 lb 5 cylinders 45 on #6? but will not even so much as
even kick ????

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Old May 15th 16, 06:42 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Ken Olson

On 5/15/2016 3:45 AM, tesla sTinker wrote:

> On 5/11/2016 10:01 AM, Ken Olson wrote:
>> On 5/11/2016 12:50 PM, tesla sTinker wrote:
>>> Grand Caravan SE will not start. Changed PCM, because it gave a code
>>> 53. Book says, PCM internal fault. Was driving along and all of a
>>> sudden, blank. Dead. Quit...
>>> Lights on dash odometer went out at that very moment when it quit.
>>> Turned key, then back on, tried to start, no lights on dash. Turned key
>>> off and back on again, lights came on on dash. But would not start.
>>>
>>> Starter cranking fine. Has Fuel, Has spark, will not start.
>>> Anyone have any ideas? NO, timing belt has been replace did that too.
>>> Have cleaned all the pins on the pcm module, repluged. When I hooked
>>> it back up, codes gone. turn key gives disconnect code and end code
>>> just fine... on both PCMs - Still will not start. So I have two PCM
>>> modules, and the same problem...
>>>
>>> camshaft sensor has been replaced. Still will not start. Has Fuel,
>>> Has Spark. ?????
>>>
>>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

>> What are the compression readings?

> 160-180 lb 5 cylinders 45 on #6? but will not even so much as
> even kick ????
>
> ---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

I agree that it should at least fire. At this point I would have to see
if the spark timing is correct. Also, a bad ground can cause all kinds
of weird behavior.
Old May 15th 16, 08:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Sun, 15 May 2016 13:42:49 -0400, Ken Olson >
wrote:

>On 5/15/2016 3:45 AM, tesla sTinker wrote:

>>> What are the compression readings?

>> 160-180 lb 5 cylinders 45 on #6? but will not even so much as
>> even kick ????
>>
>> ---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

>I agree that it should at least fire. At this point I would have to see
>if the spark timing is correct. Also, a bad ground can cause all kinds
>of weird behavior.

On a 3 liter Mitsubishi OHC V6 cam timing is another major "gotcha".
The bottom enfd of most Mitsu engines are pretty bulletproof - but
their valve train and head design leaves a fair bit to be desired
(assuming this is a 3.0 liter caravan).

Are your injectors pulsing? (easy enoug to check). Do you have correct
fuel pressure (again easy enough to confirm)

Not rocket science.

What codes (if any) did the computer give before you started sacrewing
around with it?
Old May 22nd 16, 03:49 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tesla sTinker

On 5/15/2016 12:12 PM, wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2016 13:42:49 -0400, Ken >
> wrote:

news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

>>> 160-180 lb 5 cylinders 45 on #6? but will not even so much as
>>> even kick ????
>>>
>>> ---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

>> I agree that it should at least fire. At this point I would have to see
>> if the spark timing is correct. Also, a bad ground can cause all kinds
>> of weird behavior.

> On a 3 liter Mitsubishi OHC V6 cam timing is another major "gotcha".
> The bottom enfd of most Mitsu engines are pretty bulletproof - but
> their valve train and head design leaves a fair bit to be desired
> (assuming this is a 3.0 liter caravan).
>
> Are your injectors pulsing? (easy enoug to check). Do you have correct
> fuel pressure (again easy enough to confirm)
>
> Not rocket science.
>
> What codes (if any) did the computer give before you started sacrewing
> around with it?

pull the spark plug out of any of the cylinders and I can pour the gas
out of the plug....

12 54 35 66 66 43 45 43 55

And #6, is only showing 35 lbs compression

changed 54 both still nothing, and I mean, the crankshaft sensor does
not give a number for itself, book says its 11, but it says thats for
both camshaft and crankshaft sensor, which to me, both of them are some
kind of sick joke to set the timing of a motor with. Leaving it up
to the PCM to make some sort of advance on the timing. Why, the
distributor is working?.... A normal distributor with a camshaft sensor
Ha ha right. Book says PCM will advance
the timing until it starts? Checked what the book said, it says it
will cease ignition coil, fuel injectors, and heating element of oxygen
sensor if it does not detect any signal from stupid fuking sensors, cam
or crank sensor. Well, I put my multimeter on those wires, checking
voltage while cranking the engine, and all of it is working always... So
why did it give me a 54? unless i counted wrong key method... Still
will not even kick... I even changed the PCM, and did not do a bit of
good.... Still acts the same.
I may change it again, because I just dont understand this bull ****,
that these people call, a vehicle. I should of bought an old lemon,
with points in it, I would of been better off..... What kind of idiot
says, this is advanced technology for today, when all the old cars were
built a whole bunch better than this ****. They should of told China
to go **** off long ago. And still, they screw the public out of all
their money, even for parts. 55 dollars for a stupid tiny magnet sensor
that has not pull. so they put an amplifier in it, so they claim, and it
still, matters not. I am baffled with it. Makes absolute no sense
whatso ever.

Now here is the thing that is puzzling me. auto shut down relay is
working, i checked the relay, properly just as the book tells you to do.
When i turn the key to on position, it cliks and fuel pump hmmm,
and then, when i turn it to start cranking engine, that relay actual
makes another click for some reason. ? BUT, as i said, voltage is at
coil, at injectors and no start..... Could 35 lbs not be enough
compression when you have the other 5 working fine? I just dont get
it.... it makes no sense as if it is turning off something, but its not
what the book says its turning off... auto shut down relay is just a
hoax... Thats what I gather... It acts as if it does another click, as
if it does not see something from the sensors, but, multimeter tappend
into all wires, green orange, says its working... Injectors,
and coil. And as I said, i can take the plug out, and it has fuel all
over it.... And i just dont see, anything in the oil. put oil in and
to see if it is rings, and it says no, still weak compression

ok, thats the proper order of those numbers. 55 is end of codes. 12 is
bat disconnect. 54 camshaft sensor. NOW< it says 53 pcm, and I may
of not read that 54 correctly... HMM.... right... so, the 35, happened
about 1 year ago or more, and I fixed that and kept driving,
it was an overheat cause the relay of the fan quit. I parked it
immediate, cause I knew it had **** heads on it. sick rip off car
manufactures... I jumped the fan motors with a wire I had with me
so that, the fans would stay on and drove it home....

Since then, the only other thing it showed, is that 54, or should i say
53. ? does it matter for I changed both, first the camshaft sensor and
it is located inside the distributor... As far as the other numbers,
have no idea... It had to of been way before when i did not own the
vehicle....

Now, i pulled the crankshaft sensor after reading number 11 in the book,
of which it says, both crankshaft and camshaft sensor??? Now why does
this Chiltons book tell me that 54 is camshaft, 11 is camshaft and
crankshaft sensors.... So what right, anyway, just put a new one from
ebay in it. Seems it is a bit stronger, cause it drops to .o5 under
metal, under slot it is 5 volts. So what right. The other one was not
that wrong either, neither did the camshaft sensor fix anything as it
was even ok when i took out the old one.... Cause all the voltage is
still operating on the coil, on the injectors when im cranking it.
Of which book says, it shuts down all that stuff if it does not detect
the readings of those sensors. NOW on PCM 53, it says, internal fault
pcm.... hMMM right?

you got me... The whole thing is like a fairy tale of trouble. To me,
the thing should fire up with a blown head gasket running rough at
least. It does nothing. If I knew how to take out the dam **** they
put on it, and put regular distributor with points in it, I would of
already done it, and thrown the computer in the trash can.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Old May 22nd 16, 04:05 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tesla sTinker

On 5/15/2016 10:42 AM, Ken Olson wrote:
> On 5/15/2016 3:45 AM, tesla sTinker wrote:

>>> What are the compression readings?

>> 160-180 lb 5 cylinders 45 on #6? but will not even so much as
>> even kick ????
>>
>> ---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

> I agree that it should at least fire. At this point I would have to see
> if the spark timing is correct. Also, a bad ground can cause all kinds
> of weird behavior.

pull the spark plug out of any of the cylinders and I can pour the gas
out of the plug....

12 54 35 66 66 43 45 43 55

And #6, is only showing 35 lbs compression, the others all five, are 170

changed 54 cam sensor, both still nothing, and I mean, the crankshaft
sensor does not give a number for itself, book says its 11, but it says
thats for both camshaft and crankshaft sensor, which to me, both of them
are some kind of sick joke to set the timing of a motor with.
Leaving it up to the PCM to make some sort of sick advance on the
timing. Why, the distributor is working?.... A normal distributor with
a camshaft sensor Ha ha right. Book says PCM will advance
the timing until it starts? What???? Checked what the book said, it
says it will cease ignition coil, fuel injectors, and heating element of
oxygen sensor if it does not detect any signal from stupid fuking
sensors, cam or crank. Well, I put my multimeter on those wires,
checking voltage while cranking engine, and all of it is working always
just fine... So why did it give me a 54? unless i counted wrong key
method... Still will not even kick... I even changed the PCM, 53 and
did not do a bit of good.... Still acts the same.
I may change it again, because I just dont understand this bull ****,
that these people call, a vehicle. I should of bought an old lemon,
with points in it, I would of been better off..... What kind of idiot
says, this is advanced technology for today,??? when all the old cars
were built a whole bunch better than this **** dependable. They should
of told China to go **** off long ago America. Well, we get it
communists.... And they will not get me back on their car lots.
And still, they screw the public out of all that money, even for
parts. 55 dollars for a stupid tiny magnet sensor
that has not pull... Dealer wants three times that much. so they put
an amplifier in it, so they claim, and it still, matters not. I am
baffled with it. Makes absolute no sense whatso ever. book says its
fine anyway.... For all that stuff is still with power working.
I even checked the ohms on the injectors, they are all fine.

Now here is the thing that is puzzling me. auto shut down relay is
working, i checked the relay, properly just as the book tells you to do.
When i turn the key to on position, it cliks and fuel pump hmmm,
and then, when i turn it to start cranking engine, that relay actual
makes another click for some reason. ? BUT, as i said, voltage is at
coil, at injectors and still not start..... Could 35 lbs not be enough
compression when you have the other 5 working fine? I just dont get
it....??? it makes no sense as if it is turning off something, but its
not what the book says its turning off... auto shut down relay is just
a hoax... Thats what I gather... It acts as if it does another click,
as if it does not see something from the sensors, but, multimeter tapped
into all wires, green orange, says its working. all of it.. Injectors,
and the coil. And as I said, i can take the plug out, and it has fuel
all over it.... set plug on side of motor, and with bosch plugs, light
up like you would not believe.... And i just dont see, anything in the
oil. put oil in #5 cylinder and to see if it is the rings, and it says
no, still weak compression so its a head gasket...

ok, thats the proper order of those numbers. 55 is end of codes. 12 is
bat disconnect. 54 camshaft sensor. NOW< it says 53 pcm, and I may
of not read that 54 correctly... HMM.... right... so, the 35, happened
about 1 year ago or more, fan relay, and I fixed that and kept driving,
it was an overheat cause the relay of the fan to quit. I parked it
immediate, cause I knew it had **** heads on it. sick rip off car
manufactures... I jumped the fan motors with a wire I had with me so
that, the fans would stay on and I did drove it home....

Since then, the only other thing it showed, is that 54, or should i say
53. ?maybe, does it matter for I changed both, first the camshaft
sensor and it is located inside the distributor... it changed nothing,
As far as the other numbers, have no idea... It had to of been way
before when i did not own the vehicle.... I dont think the cam sensor
was right code... if it was, its lost its marbles computer.

Now, i pulled the crankshaft sensor after reading number 11 in the book,
of which it says, both the crankshaft and camshaft sensor??? Stupid
****. Now why does this Chiltons book tell me that 54 is camshaft, 11
is camshaft and crankshaft sensors.... So what right, anyway, just put
a new one in it from ebay. 25 bucks. Seems it is a bit stronger, cause
it drops to .o5 under metal, under slot it is 5 volts. So what right.
The other one was not
that wrong either, neither did the camshaft sensor fix anything as it
was even ok when i took it out the old one.... Cause all the voltage is
still operating on the coil, on the injectors when im cranking it.
Of which book says, it shuts down all that stuff if it does not detect
the readings of those sensors. NOW on PCM 53, it says, internal fault
pcm.... hMMM right? puke computer miserable is what it should stand for.

you got me... The whole thing is like a fairy tale of trouble. To me,
the thing should fire up with a blown head gasket running rough at least
well enough to put in drive and move it. It does nothing. If I knew
how to take out the dam **** they put on it, and put regular distributor
with points in it, I would of already done it, and thrown the dammed
computer in the trash can. The mulitmeter never lies...
So what gives? I know, its the 666 thats on the corps. They say, they
can hack your cars now with wi fi... thats right , shut them off.
*******s.... I just dont get it. Me, Daniel of God. HA, it makes no
difference, they will go to hell for making this ****. And cause all
kinds of wars and economic disasters.... Thats what they want anyway
right. But why do they have to include me in what they want.

I appreciate if you have ideas, but I doubt.... Its weird alright.....

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Old June 6th 16, 07:42 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tesla sTinker

ken, can it be the instrument cluster on the dash,
becoming unpluged? Like, my neon did this to me,
all the stuff went dead, the speedometer and gauges
and all i did was replug it up, and it fixed its never
ending glitches that it had of before.... Could it be,
that the caravan is in a same state, dying, with bad type plug in
on that cluster of circuit boards in the dash, for the thing has
had mice go up inside it? Oh well, let u know what happens....

For I dont like the pile of non crashed caravans that are in the junk
yards. That is like a bad omen....

Old June 6th 16, 09:13 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Ken Olson

On 6/6/2016 2:42 PM, tesla sTinker wrote:
> [...]

>> to take out the dam **** they put on it, and put regular distributor
>> with points in it, I would of already done it, and thrown the dammed
>> computer in the trash can. The mulitmeter never lies...
>> So what gives? I know, its the 666 thats on the corps. They say, they
>> can hack your cars now with wi fi... thats right , shut them off.
>> *******s.... I just dont get it. Me, Daniel of God. HA, it makes no
>> difference, they will go to hell for making this ****. And cause all
>> kinds of wars and economic disasters.... Thats what they want anyway
>> right. But why do they have to include me in what they want.
>>
>> I appreciate if you have ideas, but I doubt.... Its weird alright.....
>>
>> ---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

> ---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

I don't have personal experience with it, but what you said sounds very
plausible.