A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto newsgroups » Technology
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I need to adjust the clutch on my 88 S10 - Help

Old September 9th 16, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default I need to adjust the clutch on my 88 S10 - Help

Mine just started doing the same today. I can be at a red light with the clutch to the floor and it shuts off. I noticed it acts like the clutch is partially engaged sometimes while driving
Ads
Old September 10th 16, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]
external usenet poster

Default I need to adjust the clutch on my 88 S10 - Help

On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 10:52:02 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> Mine just started doing the same today. I can be at a red light with the clutch to the floor and it shuts off. I noticed it acts like the clutch is partially engaged sometimes while driving

There's nothing to adjust. First check if the fluid at the clutch reservoir is low. If it is, your slave cylinder or hydraulic lines is leaking. If the level is good, your clutch master cylinder is probably leaking. Step on the clutch pedal and you'll probably find that the cylinder barely moves. If this is so, replace the MC.