42LE transmission - What's the endurance record?

Old March 22nd 05, 03:07 AM
Old Car

Default 42LE transmission - What's the endurance record?

Who out there hast the most miles on a 42LE (without rebuilding it)?

Mine is still working well at 156,000 miles. There have been no mechanical
or electronic failures. Any problems have been corrected with a
filter/fluid change.

Old March 22nd 05, 11:25 AM
Bill Putney

Old Car wrote:
> Who out there hast the most miles on a 42LE (without rebuilding it)?
>
> Mine is still working well at 156,000 miles. There have been no mechanical
> or electronic failures. Any problems have been corrected with a
> filter/fluid change.

You've got me beat for miles: 139k and counting. Only filter/fluid
change and replaced both speed sensors 1 time each.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old April 14th 05, 02:08 AM
Matt Whiting

Bill Putney wrote:
> Old Car wrote:
>
>> Who out there hast the most miles on a 42LE (without rebuilding it)?
>>
>> Mine is still working well at 156,000 miles. There have been no
>> mechanical
>> or electronic failures. Any problems have been corrected with a
>> filter/fluid change.

> You've got me beat for miles: 139k and counting. Only filter/fluid
> change and replaced both speed sensors 1 time each.

I've got 165,000 now on mine. However, I'm having lots of electrical
problems of late. Just replaced the engine control computer two weeks
ago. Then a week ago the front washer joined the rear washer in being
operative (actually, the rear failed in the on position and I had to
unplug the pump). Then today the check engine light came on and it
flashes a code of 72 which isn't even in the table in my FSM (the
highest code is 71).

Anyone know what a 72 means on a 1996 Grand Voyager?

Matt

transmission flushes? Magnulus Driving 2 March 10th 05 04:33 AM
'04 Transmission Question dicko Ford Explorer 4 November 14th 04 12:40 AM
1997 civic transmission or ecu problem ?? Matt Honda 1 October 10th 04 05:00 PM
2000 C5, 50k miles, 6-spd, transmission noise Alex J. Avriette Corvette 4 August 31st 04 01:35 AM