Here's what Prius drivers like to do

Old June 1st 08, 07:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Here's what Prius drivers like to do

Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em both ---
because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint. Typical.

Asshole.
--
Pat Durkin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Here's what Prius drivers like to do.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	139862
Old June 1st 08, 09:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zilbandy[_2_]

On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:27:55 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
> wrote:

>Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em both ---
>because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint. Typical.

I'll bet you I could get my old 79 Suburban in that space next to him.
There may be some crunching and scrapping noises, but I bet I could do
it.

--
Zilbandy
Old June 1st 08, 02:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Zilbandy" > wrote in message
. ..

> On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:27:55 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
> > wrote:
>
>>Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em both ---
>>because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint. Typical.

> I'll bet you I could get my old 79 Suburban in that space next to him.
> There may be some crunching and scrapping noises, but I bet I could do
> it.

Hahahaha!

Yeah but then you'd have to kick the windshield out and climb over your hood
to get out. )
--
Pat Durkin

Old June 1st 08, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Paddy's Pig added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

> Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em
> both --- because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint.
> Typical.
>
> Asshole.

look at the pot calling the kettle black, PIG! Guffaw! So, why not just
park your AMG sideways across the back of this "person"?

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck"

Old June 1st 08, 03:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Zilbandy added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

> On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:27:55 -0700, "Paddy's Pig"
> > wrote:
>
>>Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em
>>both --- because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint.
>> Typical.

> I'll bet you I could get my old 79 Suburban in that space next to
> him. There may be some crunching and scrapping noises, but I bet I
> could do it.

best place for ANY suburnothing is the nearest junkyard. they're all crap

Old June 1st 08, 05:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Jim[_35_]

Paddy's Pig wrote:
> Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em both ---
> because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint. Typical.
>
> Asshole.

What the hell are you talking about? A lot of assholes do this. Not
just Prius drivers.

I had a loaner Prius when my Honda was in the shop (backed into a pole.)
I hadn't considered one until I spent some time in one. If I were
shopping for a car now I would not consider anything other than a hybrid.

Your generalizations make you look like a fool. Subtracts from the
quality of your photos.

Toss the ignorance, it does not make you look good.
Old June 1st 08, 07:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Jim[_35_]

rob wrote:
> no thanks, your welcome to your hybrids......
>

> "Jim" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Paddy's Pig wrote:
>>> Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em
>>> both --- because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint.
>>> Typical.
>>>
>>> Asshole.
>>>

>> What the hell are you talking about? A lot of assholes do this. Not just
>> Prius drivers.
>>
>> I had a loaner Prius when my Honda was in the shop (backed into a pole.) I
>> hadn't considered one until I spent some time in one. If I were shopping
>> for a car now I would not consider anything other than a hybrid.
>>
>> Your generalizations make you look like a fool. Subtracts from the
>> quality of your photos.
>>
>> Toss the ignorance, it does not make you look good.

You don't have to buy one. No thanks needed.

I didn't see their advantage until I spent some time with one. Three
weeks driving the thing and I put 8 gallons in it.
Old June 1st 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
doby

On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:27:55 -0700, "Paddy's Pig" > wrote:

>>Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em both ---
>>because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint. Typical.
>>
>>Asshole.

I think you missed something. Look at the SUV on the end. His right rear tire is
on the white marker line, therefore if the Prius was 2nd car then he, in self
defense parked to leave himself exit room. Now look again at the SUV and you
can see he could have come closer to the curb on the left side and came in
straight. I know because that type of space is my choice for parking. I get as
close to the curb side therefore leaving me more room on my passenger side for
the idiots who open there doors with no regard for the cars parked next to them.
I've had too too too many door dings by these careless idiots.

If you look at the rest of the parking lot, to me, it looks like the spaces are
too narrow for all of the gas-guzzling SUV, and other huge not necessary trucks
that are for pleasure only and shopping and to show their " mine is bigger than
yours, macho image".

Wake up, people. Gasoline is a none replenishing fossil fuel. It will be
needed for airplanes and military, space, etc. for a long time in the future, so
we should not be wasting it on non-necessary, never off-road, shopping trips.

Doby
Old June 1st 08, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Jim[_35_]

Doby wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:27:55 -0700, "Paddy's Pig" > wrote:
>
>>> Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em both ---
>>> because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint. Typical.
>>>
>>> Asshole.

> I think you missed something. Look at the SUV on the end. His right rear tire is
> on the white marker line, therefore if the Prius was 2nd car then he, in self
> defense parked to leave himself exit room. Now look again at the SUV and you
> can see he could have come closer to the curb on the left side and came in
> straight. I know because that type of space is my choice for parking. I get as
> close to the curb side therefore leaving me more room on my passenger side for
> the idiots who open there doors with no regard for the cars parked next to them.
> I've had too too too many door dings by these careless idiots.
>
> If you look at the rest of the parking lot, to me, it looks like the spaces are
> too narrow for all of the gas-guzzling SUV, and other huge not necessary trucks
> that are for pleasure only and shopping and to show their " mine is bigger than
> yours, macho image".
>
> Wake up, people. Gasoline is a none replenishing fossil fuel. It will be
> needed for airplanes and military, space, etc. for a long time in the future, so
> we should not be wasting it on non-necessary, never off-road, shopping trips.
>
> Doby

Good point, "Paddy's Pig" SHOULD have been complaining about the real
culprit, the SUV driver.

I'll take this opportunity to make a comment.

I come here to look at "interesting" cars. The 50's and 60's cars, and
hot rods, are extremely boring to me, it's not fun looking at dinosaurs
headed for extinction.

Most guys in my age group hang around in packs with their gas guzzling
hobby cars. I feel kind of badly for them. They are worshiping the
wastefulness of our parent's generation.

I do appreciate the quality of most of the photos here, though. There
are some very talented photographers who hang out here.

Old June 2nd 08, 12:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Jim[_35_]

Default For paddy's Pig

Paddy's Pig wrote:
> Crowded parking lot. Two slots open. One Prius driver takes 'em both ---
> because he's "entitled" due to his small carbon footprint. Typical.
>
> Asshole.

Posted without comment:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version