Ohh...What a Pleasant Surprise!

Old March 29th 08, 03:23 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
Bubba Obama

Default Ohh...What a Pleasant Surprise!

Old school car fans video for viewing pleasure.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

Old March 29th 08, 12:43 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
Tim[_1_]

Seen this many times and every time I enjoy it. I cant help but notice the
old red and blue mail box and the number of VW Bugs in it.

s.com...

Old March 29th 08, 04:27 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
Bubba Obama

"Tim" > wrote in message
> Seen this many times and every time I enjoy it. I cant help but notice the
> old red and blue mail box and the number of VW Bugs in it.
>

> "Bubba Obama" > wrote in message
> s.com...
>> Old school car fans video for viewing pleasure.
>>

>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

No I think that is the same VW bug that was a plant that was put there as
they redid the scenes. A lot of old 1950s cars were still plentiful on the
streets in 1968 though.

Old March 29th 08, 04:56 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
Bubba Obama

"Tim" > wrote in message
> Seen this many times and every time I enjoy it. I cant help but notice the
> old red and blue mail box and the number of VW Bugs in it.

Even a couple of 1940s cars cruising the streets back then too, saw a 1930s
car parked on the street.
Bill Hickman is the driver of the Charger and was one of Hollywoods best
stunt drivers at the time. Steve McQueen kept messing up and ended up not
doing all of his driving just the closeup. McQueen admitted that he was
probably Hollywoods worst stunt drivers while giving Hickman top honors. By
the way the Charger was an all stock 440 and the mustang was a 390 with
ported heads and other mods yet the Charger was said to still run circles
around the Mustang. The Charger had to slow down to have the Mustang keep
up.

Old March 30th 08, 12:43 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
Marko

"Bubba Obama" > wrote in message
s.com...

> "Tim" > wrote in message
>> Seen this many times and every time I enjoy it. I cant help but notice
>> the old red and blue mail box and the number of VW Bugs in it.
>>

> Even a couple of 1940s cars cruising the streets back then too, saw a
> 1930s car parked on the street.
> Bill Hickman is the driver of the Charger and was one of Hollywoods best
> stunt drivers at the time. Steve McQueen kept messing up and ended up not
> doing all of his driving just the closeup. McQueen admitted that he was
> probably Hollywoods worst stunt drivers while giving Hickman top honors.
> By the way the Charger was an all stock 440 and the mustang was a 390 with
> ported heads and other mods yet the Charger was said to still run circles
> around the Mustang. The Charger had to slow down to have the Mustang keep
> up.

Todays cars are a lot better built than those, but those cars have a hell of
a lot more character. Even the scenery of the old cars crusing the streets
back then seem to have more character and color. Todays cars are just boring
right down to the dull metallic finishes. Those cars remind me of WW2
fighter planes, not very fuel efficient, and little ruff around the edges
but cool and they got the job done.

Old April 1st 08, 12:31 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
Bassplayer12

> Old school car fans video for viewing pleasure.
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

I never buy film DVD's. Concert DVD's, yes, but not films.
Bullitt is the exception. Let me tell you that listening to the car chase on
my sound system is quite an experience.
I just hope that some movie director decides to do a remake so we can watch
it in HD and listen to it in high quality audio.

Old April 1st 08, 01:39 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
QX

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:56:23 -0400, "Bubba Obama"
> wrote:

>"Tim" > wrote in message
>> Seen this many times and every time I enjoy it. I cant help but notice the
>> old red and blue mail box and the number of VW Bugs in it.
>>

>Even a couple of 1940s cars cruising the streets back then too, saw a 1930s
>car parked on the street.
>Bill Hickman is the driver of the Charger and was one of Hollywoods best
>stunt drivers at the time. Steve McQueen kept messing up and ended up not
>doing all of his driving just the closeup. McQueen admitted that he was
>probably Hollywoods worst stunt drivers while giving Hickman top honors. By
>the way the Charger was an all stock 440 and the mustang was a 390 with
>ported heads and other mods yet the Charger was said to still run circles
>around the Mustang. The Charger had to slow down to have the Mustang keep
>up.

MOPAR

Old April 1st 08, 03:04 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
Mike Y

"Bassplayer12" > wrote in message
> > Old school car fans video for viewing pleasure.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

> I never buy film DVD's. Concert DVD's, yes, but not films.
> Bullitt is the exception. Let me tell you that listening to the car chase

on
> my sound system is quite an experience.
> I just hope that some movie director decides to do a remake so we can

watch
> it in HD and listen to it in high quality audio.

But nowadays it would be a crime to even scratch those cars! Especially the
Charger!

Old April 6th 08, 09:40 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.dodge
A boy named Soo

"Marko" > wrote in message
s.com...

> "Bubba Obama" > wrote in message
> s.com...
>>
>> "Tim" > wrote in message
>>> Seen this many times and every time I enjoy it. I cant help but notice
>>> the old red and blue mail box and the number of VW Bugs in it.
>>>

>> Even a couple of 1940s cars cruising the streets back then too, saw a
>> 1930s car parked on the street.
>> Bill Hickman is the driver of the Charger and was one of Hollywoods best
>> stunt drivers at the time. Steve McQueen kept messing up and ended up not
>> doing all of his driving just the closeup. McQueen admitted that he was
>> probably Hollywoods worst stunt drivers while giving Hickman top honors.
>> By the way the Charger was an all stock 440 and the mustang was a 390
>> with ported heads and other mods yet the Charger was said to still run
>> circles around the Mustang. The Charger had to slow down to have the
>> Mustang keep up.
>>

> Todays cars are a lot better built than those, but those cars have a hell
> of a lot more character. Even the scenery of the old cars crusing the
> streets back then seem to have more character and color. Todays cars are
> just boring right down to the dull metallic finishes. Those cars remind me
> of WW2 fighter planes, not very fuel efficient, and little ruff around the
> edges but cool and they got the job done.

I have driven a 69 390 Mustang with a Fo' on the Flo' and I thought it was
quick as hell, although I didn't have the oportunity to really wind it out.
I spoke to someone who owned a 69 440 Dodge RT and he said it would hit
160mph. And that was with only Fo' speeds. I personally owned a 69 Ply.
RoadRunner with a 383 with an auto trans and got it up to about 115mph. Sure
it kept climbing but I didnt want to go any faster, it had about 100k miles
or more on it at the time and the steering gearbox was a bit loose at the
car began to float like a boat.

Pleasant weekend of Interstate Driving C. E. White Driving 11 June 3rd 06 12:21 AM
SN65 Dyno surprise! Backyard Mechanic Ford Mustang 0 May 12th 06 05:04 AM
Same Surprise - for over 30 years Larry Scholnick Driving 21 January 26th 06 11:22 PM
Pleasant Dealer Experience. tech27 BMW 4 June 21st 05 08:17 PM
unpleasant surprise today with my 94 eb THE BIG GUY Ford Explorer 4 December 14th 04 04:09 PM