Eclipse Electrical

Old June 26th 04, 05:26 AM
JDorn

Default Eclipse Electrical

The fusible link went out on my Eclipse. Not knowing that that was
the cause, I had AAA jump it ... now the radio, clock, dome lamp, and
remote do not work!

I've checked all the fuses and all are OK. Where do these 4 things
have a common connection?

Car info: 2000 Eclipse GT, 6 Cyl

Thanks,

Jon
Old June 26th 04, 03:22 PM
Dick C

JDorn wrote in rec.autos.misc

> The fusible link went out on my Eclipse. Not knowing that that was
> the cause, I had AAA jump it ... now the radio, clock, dome lamp, and
> remote do not work!
>
> I've checked all the fuses and all are OK. Where do these 4 things
> have a common connection?

You just said what was wrong, the fusible link. A fusible link is
a wire that is designed to break when the current on it gets
too high. It works like a regular fuse, but carries higher current.
And it is not in a fuse box, rather it is part of the wiring itself.
To locate you may need to get an repair manual.

--
Dick #1349
~Benjamin Franklin

Home Page: dickcr.iwarp.com