Largest Chevrolet Dealer Group CLosing Doors

Old September 30th 08, 11:44 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

Default Largest Chevrolet Dealer Group CLosing Doors

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message

>> Ford and GM cars into the 90's were still ****!!!!! The cars of 2008
>>are not as bad as they were a decade ago, but the foreign cars (some of
>>them) are still MUCH better than American cars.

> that's total BS. Look at the JD Powers numbers, there is barely any
> difference at all between they typical import and domestic.

I did, and that's when I bought the Honda.

Old September 30th 08, 11:45 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

Default Largest Chevrolet Dealer Group CLosing Doors WHAT'S A FLEET????? White's response ... Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message

>> But other cars had similar problems. One of our district managers in
>> New
>>York had to make a "panic stop" and both front fenders and the hood slid
>>off.

> Hey, later I'll tell you about time me and my Chevy were wrestling and
> he got me in a hammerlock.

Well, wish I were there, that's one time I would have been rooting for
the Chevy to win/

Old September 30th 08, 11:46 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

<adventuremyk> wrote in message

>> But other cars had similar problems. One of our district managers in
>> New
>>York had to make a "panic stop" and both front fenders and the hood slid
>>off. Seems somebody neglected to put in a few bolts.

> It takes a lot more than 'a few bolts' for something like this to
> happen.

Really? How is the front clip held on in a 65 Ford Galaxie?

Old September 30th 08, 11:47 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

<adventuremyk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:20:14 GMT, " krp" > wrote:
>
>>> He can't seem to do anything more than flail at the wind while telling
>>> people how stupid they are,

>>Tell me when your mother discovered your brain damage?

> Thank you for making my point.

No your mother did that when she kept dropping you on your head.

Old September 30th 08, 11:50 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

Default Why GM and Ford are having problems?

<adventuremyk> wrote in message
> There is a mediocre debate currently running called Why GM and Ford
> are having problems? Working along the idea of that thread I figured I
> wuold take a few minutes to look at a reason or two.
>
> The biggest reason is going to be customer perception. After all,
> perception is reality to the person who is looking.
>
> Taking this into account I went to Edmunds.com and put in the same
> info for 4 each of a lines entry cars and midsize sedans. All info is
> left basic with the following attributes.
>
> All are 2003 models
> All are listed as silver (base paint)
> All are automatics
> I used 50,000 miles (10k a year)
> I used Average as a modifier though I could have used clean. I figure
> most cars will be average after 5 years of normal use/wear &
> tear/cleaning. Keep in mind, average does not reflect the car
> enthusiast likely to be in here.
>
> All prices are Average Dealer Retail.
>
> The original MSRP of each car, while not listed, was very close among
> the brands. IE: the upper level Civic EX (not high performance Si but
> the more common EX) had an MSRP of about $16k which was similar for
> the Focus, Corolla SE, and Cavalier when each had similar equipment on
> it. This was just a rough compilation and it should only be taken as
> such. I did not add any options save for an automatic transmission.
> For the sedans I chose the V6 model of each as a representative group.
> I couldnt' care less about rebates and incentives, only MSRP. If they
> have to use the rebates and incentives it simply says they are not
> competitive on the price point they want to play at.
>
> ***ONCE AGAIN*** I will stress that this is a base-line test and no, I
> didn't take the time to dial in every single little option or detail
> to make it perfect. This is a broad group that is representative of
> the average for-sale car.
>
> Here are the results:
>
> Entry level sedan/4-door:
> Honda Civic EX $9,650
> Toyota Corolla SE $8,372
> Chevy Cavalier LS $5,510
> Ford Focus SE $5,736
>
> Midsize Standard sedans/4door:
> Honda Accord EX V6 $12,766
> Toyota Camry SE V6 $11,046
> Chevy Malibu $5,964
> Ford Taurus SES $5,964
>
> Odd that the Taurus SES and Malibu were both listed as the same price.
> In all cases the 'domestics' are roughly half (50-65%) the value of
> the imports over a given period of 5 years.

Why are the American cars worth so much less? Because of ME? Because they
are really GOOD cars? Or maybe because even most Americans know **** when
they smell it?

Old September 30th 08, 11:50 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

BULL****!'

Old September 30th 08, 11:52 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

> wrote in message ...
>

>>I have a few problems with your methodology.

> I like this unbiased methodology. It's simply done, easy to
> understand and shows logic. The cars chosen were not new but 2003 and
> your sister didn't buy/sell one. And it's correctly prepared with
> take it with a grain of salt warnings.
>

> You seem to have problems with everything ever written in this news
> group. What is it that you are so afraid of? Does your mommy know
> you whine in this news group? You are coming across as a little boy
> no experience turnip from small town nowhere. Think big and see a
> bigger picture.

I think he's a rather typical Usenet punk who just likes to argue really
absurd ****. Such as me referring to the car I was assigned by my employer
as "MY CAR" I have NO idea what he thinks I should have called it. BUT he
thinks he was scoring big on that issue.

Old September 30th 08, 11:53 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

<adventuremyk> wrote in message

>>>I have a few problems with your methodology.

>>I like this unbiased methodology. It's simply done, easy to
>>understand and shows logic. The cars chosen were not new but 2003 and
>>your sister didn't buy/sell one. And it's correctly prepared with
>>take it with a grain of salt warnings.

> Thank you for taking it the way in which it was intended.
>
>>You seem to have problems with everything ever written in this news
>>group. What is it that you are so afraid of? Does your mommy know
>>you whine in this news group? You are coming across as a little boy
>>no experience turnip from small town nowhere. Think big and see a
>>bigger picture.

> I'm not sure about a problem with everything ever written. I can
> usually see that he has problems with that KRP lad but then again
> everyone seems to take exception to his lack of consistency.

No not "everyone" just a couple loudmouth wannabe bullies.

Old October 1st 08, 04:29 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Mike Marlow[_1_]

" krp" > wrote in message

> No not "everyone" just a couple loudmouth wannabe bullies.

Oh for the love of Pete - just go to your room and whine, please. Bullies -
sheese...

--

-Mike-

Old October 1st 08, 04:50 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
adventuremyk

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:04:08 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
wrote:

>that's total BS. Look at the JD Powers numbers, there is barely any
>difference at all between they typical import and domestic.

JD Powers is much like the No Child Left Behind laws. Everyone wins
everything with them...

Largest Chevrolet Dealer Group CLosing Doors C. E. White[_1_] General 326 October 25th 08 04:13 AM
window closing using the key Mike Cook BMW 10 May 6th 06 12:03 AM
Boot not closing on 147 Tom Alfa Romeo 0 February 25th 06 05:10 PM
GM Closing Saturn? John Hinson Saturn 1 November 30th 05 06:19 PM
Revard BMW/Indianapolis Closing it's Doors Bmrdude BMW 0 December 15th 04 10:21 PM