Automatic Windows

Old September 19th 05, 06:41 PM
djones52

Default Automatic Windows

My window on the driver's side will not let down, what would possible cause
this problem. It was working fine, and it just stopped working. I looked
for a fuse for this window, but I can't find it. Please assist if
possible.

Thank You!

Old September 19th 05, 07:15 PM
TNKEV

djones52 wrote:
> My window on the driver's side will not let down, what would

possible cause
> this problem. It was working fine, and it just stopped working. I

looked
> for a fuse for this window, but I can't find it. Please assist if
> possible.
>
> Thank You!

Try banging around the edge of the window with your fist,it may be
stuck from the heat pressurizing the inside of the vehicle,if that
doesn't make it work you may need a window motor/regulator assembly.

Old September 20th 05, 12:32 AM
Bret Ludwig

Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Of all the trouble-prone and extravagant accessories Detroit has promoted,
> electric windows take the cake! A Boeing 707 doesn't have them, so why
> should an Imperial?

A 707 does have hydraulic gear, flaps, boosted flight controls, four
alternators, and an APU. You want all that on a car?? Bad analogy
maybe.

If you want a simple car you want an old VW Bug, perhaps. Air cooling,
no coolant. No power steering fluid. No power steering, power brakes,
or power anything.

I'd like to have a '62 Imperial just like the one in George Barris'
book. Unfortunately the most important accessory is _long since_
unavailanble at any cost...and would be nearly 80 now anyway...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...60706?v=glance

Old September 20th 05, 12:33 AM
Bill Putney

djones52 wrote:

> My window on the driver's side will not let down, what would possible cause
> this problem. It was working fine, and it just stopped working. I looked
> for a fuse for this window, but I can't find it. Please assist if
> possible.
>
> Thank You!

Make, year, and model is...?

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 20th 05, 12:49 AM
me!

Yes. .. ... .... and so is an electric can opener.. so what? Don't see how
your remark helps the poster with his problem.

Old September 20th 05, 04:40 PM
KWS

One of the amazing things about modern cars is that, in my experience, these
bells and whistles seem to not fail much at all. A couple of years ago, the
driver side power window in my '90 Miata failed. Upon inspection, the part
that failed was common to both the power and non-powered versions. The drive
motor was fine.

In our '96 T&C lots of stuff failed miserably in the first couple of years,
but this did not include amenities (it did include transmission, alternator,
fan relay,etc.). Since we debugged it, the car has been a very solid
citizen. Among the stuff that did not fail were power windows (including the
little wing ones in the rear), power seat, power door locks (until
recently...the passenger side sliding door locks but does not unlock...not
such a big deal, actually), courtesy lights, HVAC system, power mirrors,
etc.

Some things get better. Color TVs, for instance, are now throw away items
after they work reliably for five years or more (and they cost less than
they did 25 years ago). Cell phones are pretty reliable. Cars are better,
although I will buy another Chrysler product only as a delivery vehicle for
ice in hell.

Ken

"Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message
> Of all the trouble-prone and extravagant accessories Detroit has promoted,
> electric windows take the cake! A Boeing 707 doesn't have them, so why
> should an Imperial?
>
> I don't want power anything. Not power steering, brakes, auto
> transmission, cruise control, windows, seat, sunroof, radio antenna!, or
> anything else those idiotic imbeciles running D-C and M-B can think up to
> add weight and cost to a car. I want a light, nimble, and above all, an
> economical car.
>
> Has it occured to anyone, one reason used cars depreciate so fast is
> because the accessories break down and are too expensive to fix? Then,

all

Old September 20th 05, 10:20 PM
Bill Putney

KWS wrote:

> One of the amazing things about modern cars is that, in my experience, these
> bells and whistles seem to not fail much at all. A couple of years ago, the
> driver side power window in my '90 Miata failed. Upon inspection, the part
> that failed was common to both the power and non-powered versions. The drive
> motor was fine.
>
> In our '96 T&C lots of stuff failed miserably in the first couple of years,
> but this did not include amenities (it did include transmission, alternator,
> fan relay,etc.). Since we debugged it, the car has been a very solid
> citizen. Among the stuff that did not fail were power windows (including the
> little wing ones in the rear), power seat, power door locks (until
> recently...the passenger side sliding door locks but does not unlock...not
> such a big deal, actually), courtesy lights, HVAC system, power mirrors,
> etc.
>
> Some things get better. Color TVs, for instance, are now throw away items
> after they work reliably for five years or more (and they cost less than
> they did 25 years ago). Cell phones are pretty reliable. Cars are better,
> although I will buy another Chrysler product only as a delivery vehicle for
> ice in hell.

Power windows appear to be an extremely weak point for late model
Chrysler vehicles - at least for 2nd gen ('98-'04) LH vehicles both in
mechanical and electrical aspects. Window motors were an early frequent
failure item (I think they were eventually improved in later
production), the clips that attach the glass to the regulator lift plate
frequently break (I think they were also eventually improved), the glass
sticks to the rubber gaskets at the top of the frame (chronic problem),
and the driver door switch assembly (pardon me - the driver door module
- I got corrected on that the other day) are extremely flakey (chronic
problem). IOW - if you exclude all window-related problems on those
cars, the total problems are cut better than half in my estimation.
Another 1/4 of recurrent problems are tranny sensors and vibrating
brakes (although most cars these days are lousy on brake life and
freedom from vibration).

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 20th 05, 11:50 PM
maxpower

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> KWS wrote:
>
> > One of the amazing things about modern cars is that, in my experience,

these
> > bells and whistles seem to not fail much at all. A couple of years ago,

the
> > driver side power window in my '90 Miata failed. Upon inspection, the

part
> > that failed was common to both the power and non-powered versions. The

drive
> > motor was fine.
> >
> > In our '96 T&C lots of stuff failed miserably in the first couple of

years,
> > but this did not include amenities (it did include transmission,

alternator,
> > fan relay,etc.). Since we debugged it, the car has been a very solid
> > citizen. Among the stuff that did not fail were power windows (including

the
> > little wing ones in the rear), power seat, power door locks (until
> > recently...the passenger side sliding door locks but does not

unlock...not
> > such a big deal, actually), courtesy lights, HVAC system, power mirrors,
> > etc.
> >
> > Some things get better. Color TVs, for instance, are now throw away

items
> > after they work reliably for five years or more (and they cost less than
> > they did 25 years ago). Cell phones are pretty reliable. Cars are

better,
> > although I will buy another Chrysler product only as a delivery vehicle

for
> > ice in hell.

> Power windows appear to be an extremely weak point for late model
> Chrysler vehicles - at least for 2nd gen ('98-'04) LH vehicles both in
> mechanical and electrical aspects. Window motors were an early frequent
> failure item (I think they were eventually improved in later
> production), the clips that attach the glass to the regulator lift plate
> frequently break (I think they were also eventually improved), the glass
> sticks to the rubber gaskets at the top of the frame (chronic problem),
> and the driver door switch assembly (pardon me - the driver door module

Scuse me...may I cut in here?......window switch!!

Old September 21st 05, 12:45 AM
Bill Putney

maxpower wrote:
> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message

>>...the glass
>>sticks to the rubber gaskets at the top of the frame (chronic problem),
>>and the driver door switch assembly (pardon me - the driver door module

> Scuse me...may I cut in here?......window switch!!

Whatever!!

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 21st 05, 04:59 AM
Arthur

I will state that my 99 Intrepid is one of the best cars I've ever owned and
I have owned about 7 new ones in my lifetime.
That being said, I will now list the niggly little things which have busted
on the thing, which shouldn't have as prematurely as they did.

1. Front power windows.
2. Drivers 8-way or 7-way (whatever) power seat
3. Premature failure of wee shocks on the trunk lid which I won't replace
because they are so damn expensive.
4. Security module in trunk lock which seems to be broken and I won't fix
5. Air conditioner evaporator radiator or whatever it is under the dash
6. Fuel pump assembly over gas tank
7. Speed sensor gave up

All of these problems happened prematurely, in my opinion, but what the
hell, it's a car and they happen. I guess I should add that the above items
which I DID fix, cost me a bundle.

Arthur

(snip)