A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Ford Explorer
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

JIM, I found out what the problem was.

Old February 8th 05, 04:06 PM
Teleplus Gatineau
external usenet poster

Default JIM, I found out what the problem was.

Hey Jim,

Remember about 2 weeks back, I told you I was having problems with my Transmission. Well, I took er in and I was informed that the reason it feels like it is taking off in low gear and is all sluggish is because the tranny is not downshifting. So when the light turns green I am in fact taking off in gear 4.

I have to down shift manually until Thursday, and then bring it in for the repairs. The mechanic said it could be clutch, or it could be the solenoids. Hopefully it is the solenoids. (much cheaper fix then the clutch) He was amazed when he drove it, pulled over and checked my tranny fluid. Cherry red and smelled brand new. He was so confused at first.

Well, I will let you know what happens next.

--
-Andy
99 Ford Explorer XLT
www.cardomain.com/id/andylabelle
Ads