PC Racing Wheel on an XBOX?

Old October 27th 04, 04:14 PM
Jay J

Default PC Racing Wheel on an XBOX?

I saw this USB converter for the XBOX which allows you to use
"regular" PC devices on the XBOX and I thought about racing wheels...

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...oducts_id=2154

Does anyone know if this type of device would work with a Logitech
wheel?
Specifically the old red, wingman formula force wheel?

Thanks
Jay J
Old October 27th 04, 07:41 PM
Steve Smith

I'm keenly interested, too (for a story I'm working on for a car magazine).
I'd be even more interested if I could find a supply of USB-to-Xbox adapters
in the U.S. Anybody?

om...

Old October 27th 04, 07:57 PM
Swervo

Steve Smith wrote:

> I'm keenly interested, too (for a story I'm working on for a car
> magazine). I'd be even more interested if I could find a supply of
> USB-to-Xbox adapters in the U.S. Anybody?

I don't know that you can find one in the US (probably in no small part
due to fears of things like the DMCA), but lik-sang has been involved in
the XBox modding business for some time now and I believe have a
reasonably good reputation.

Old October 27th 04, 08:10 PM
Steve Smith

Ok, Swervo, I'll give 'em a try. Thanks.

Old October 28th 04, 01:57 PM
Plowboy2

Seems to me that there was some people on this group that bought a wheel
that works on a PS2 and the PC, I take it that the X-Box and PS2 have
nothing in common in this connection, right?

Microsoft, they are dumbasses... "Hey lets build a set-top box, based on a
PC, but no... dont shares the use of usb things that _Gamers_ might want to
use, like joysticks..." Naw, that would be smart

Jay J enlightened us with: