Help please! Tell me your opinion of Opel Frontera!

Old January 20th 04, 12:18 AM
rnf2

"MS" > wrote in message
> > The early Vauxhalls are supposed to have a lot of QA propblems, fixed

with
> > the later models, If you have them I'd get the turbo diesel 3.1L engine,

> I know about the British *quality* at early 90's. I drive a Rover 820Si

91.
> It is a very god car and has not cost too mutch to maintain. Actually

cheap!

> There were some problems when it was new (it was my fathers car then)
> Previous Rover 820Si had been even sabotaged at the factory 8(
> I like "english" cars thow and i'm not afraid to take that chance...
>
> > Also if on ice the TOD apparantly makes an enormous differance, the
> > Americans facing snow seem to love the TOD.

> Sorry to be dumb, but what is TOD?

Torque on Demand. A variation of a Torque Converter that kicks in extra
torque when the computer senses it's needed.

> > google for ITOG, the frontera 3 door is the american isuzu Amigo, not

sure
> > what the 5 door is called.

> It is called 'Rodeo' (hope not becouse its driving abilities (= )

Here it's the Wizard, Very good vehicle, one of my freinds has one and I've
driven it, handles very smoothly, more like a large sedan than a 4x4 like my
'88 Bighorn

Old January 20th 04, 07:05 PM
MS

Hi!

> I have had 2 Frontera's.
> The first one was a 2.0i Sport and was VERY good in Snow.
> The second one, which i still have is a 3.2 V6 Long Wheel Base Frontera.
> Only ever had 1 problem with the first Frontera, when an injector failed

and
> caused a misfire. This could happen on any car at any time!!!
> I would recommend anyone to get one, as i will be getting another one when

> get bored of this one.
> The 3.2 V6 is ideally powered with plenty of low power. Only slight
> disadvantage is the fuel consumption. It gets around 15-18MPG around

towns,
> but on a good run, you can expect up to 25-30MPG even with the car fully
> laden!!
> Buy one... They are Ace!!!

Thanks for the supporting comment! This one is with 2,4i engine so there are
not that much power but enough i suppose.
One of the important reasons is that fuel consumption is not redicilous.
(sorry if spelt wrong)

I start to believe my guts and may very well buy that Frontie for me (=

Mika

Old January 20th 04, 07:05 PM
MS

Hi!

> I have had 2 Frontera's.
> The first one was a 2.0i Sport and was VERY good in Snow.
> The second one, which i still have is a 3.2 V6 Long Wheel Base Frontera.
> Only ever had 1 problem with the first Frontera, when an injector failed

and
> caused a misfire. This could happen on any car at any time!!!
> I would recommend anyone to get one, as i will be getting another one when

> get bored of this one.
> The 3.2 V6 is ideally powered with plenty of low power. Only slight
> disadvantage is the fuel consumption. It gets around 15-18MPG around

towns,
> but on a good run, you can expect up to 25-30MPG even with the car fully
> laden!!
> Buy one... They are Ace!!!

Thanks for the supporting comment! This one is with 2,4i engine so there are
not that much power but enough i suppose.
One of the important reasons is that fuel consumption is not redicilous.
(sorry if spelt wrong)

I start to believe my guts and may very well buy that Frontie for me (=

Mika

Opinion Needed! Randall K. MajorHead Dodge 0 October 15th 04 04:33 AM
HELP: Opinion Needed Billy Corvette 0 August 19th 04 08:34 PM
HELP: Opinion needed... Billy Audi 0 August 19th 04 07:38 PM