"High Gear" Mustang chosen to be SEMA's first all-female build [w/video]

Old June 9th 12, 08:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
MummyChunk

Default "High Gear" Mustang chosen to be SEMA's first all-female build [w/video]

From AB

'High Gear' Chosen as Concept for First-Ever SEMA Mustang Build
Powered by Women
DEARBORN, Mich., June 6, 2012 – Thousands of fans voted for a
satin-black, luxury Ford Mustang concept in the first-ever SEMA
Mustang Build Powered by Women. The project – a collaboration between
Ford Motor Company and the Specialty Equipment Market Association
(SEMA) – invited the public to view three concepts online and vote for
the one they would like to see built by a group of women volunteers.

Known as "High Gear," the winning concept was designed by
Jennifer Seely of Ford.

Inspired by international products in categories such as jewelry,
couture clothing and architecture, High Gear is meant to stimulate the
senses by fusing luxury and power. Highlights include rose-gold chrome
accents throughout the exterior and interior; satin-black body; plush,
quilted suede seats and a leather-wrapped interior. Modifications will
also be made to the engine, undercarriage, drivetrain and sound
system.

"We appreciate our readers and fans helping us determine which
concept will be used for this very exciting project," said Doug
Evans, executive vice president of Source Interlink Media (SIM). SIM,
a partner in the project, hosted the voting on several of its websites
and will also host the physical build at its El Segundo, Calif.,
headquarters.

"The concept selected by everyone who voted is amazing,"
Evans added. "It will be very exciting to see the vehicle
transformed in just eight short weeks by this dedicated group of
women. The drive and talent this collaboration of women from the SEMA
Business Network (SBN), Ford and Source Interlink Media brings to this
project is nothing short of phenomenal."

As title sponsor of the project, Ford donated a 2013 Ford Mustang GT.
Women members of SBN will perform the hands-on modifications from July
to August. The finished car will debut at the 2012 SEMA show in Las
Vegas, then be auctioned on eBay to raise money for the SEMA Memorial
Scholarship Fund. The fund is dedicated to fostering the next
generation of automotive aftermarket leaders and innovators.

The SBN Vehicle Build Task Force is comprised of Task Force Chair Rose
Kawasaki (Exports International), Project Vehicle Coordinator Sherry
Kollien (Ford), Assembly Coordinator Kellie Colf (eTool Developers),
PR/Media Coordinator Camee Edelbrock (Schiefer Media Inc.) and Product
Coordinator Susan Carpenter (JR Products). Advisors include Mike
Spagnola (Street Scene), Joel Ayres (Bedslide) and Marla Moore
(Hypertech).

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...0918#162730918

Old June 9th 12, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article >,
lid (MummyChunk) wrote:

> From AB
>

> 'High Gear' Chosen as Concept for First-Ever SEMA Mustang Build
> Powered by Women
> DEARBORN, Mich., June 6, 2012 ? Thousands of fans voted for a
> satin-black, luxury Ford Mustang concept in the first-ever SEMA
> Mustang Build Powered by Women. The project ? a collaboration between
> Ford Motor Company and the Specialty Equipment Market Association
> (SEMA) ? invited the public to view three concepts online and vote for
> the one they would like to see built by a group of women volunteers.
>
> Known as "High Gear," the winning concept was designed by
> Jennifer Seely of Ford.
>
> Inspired by international products in categories such as jewelry,
> couture clothing and architecture, High Gear is meant to stimulate the
> senses by fusing luxury and power. Highlights include rose-gold chrome
> accents throughout the exterior and interior; satin-black body; plush,
> quilted suede seats and a leather-wrapped interior. Modifications will
> also be made to the engine, undercarriage, drivetrain and sound
> system.

Snip a bit...

> View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...0918#162730918

A luxury mustang? Hum, well, okay.
Ah... "rose-gold chrome accents" Not too sure about that. I'd have to
see it in person.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

Funny cop video - "It just jumped out of gear" - my ass. Ashton Crusher[_2_] Driving 0 November 5th 09 06:47 AM
NEW - 11-14-08 - "U.S. unemployment claims hit 7-year high" yetwe "need" 25+ million illegals????? [email protected] Driving 203 November 21st 08 11:35 PM
NEW - 11-14-08 - "U.S. unemployment claims hit 7-year high" yet we "need" 25+ million illegals????? Bob Myers Driving 46 November 21st 08 05:24 PM
Female GPS, Video drishaq Ford Mustang 0 August 10th 08 12:37 PM
Reposted old, lousy scans - better than "threads that never die" and veiled threats: 1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra Fastback Coupe Red High Rt Rr Qtr.jpg 289919 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 9th 06 03:16 PM