2002 odge grand caravan starting problem

Old August 9th 06, 02:59 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
javelinjay

Default 2002 odge grand caravan starting problem

I have a 2002 dodge grand caravan that just clicks and doesn't turn the
starter over or engine over. Fells like the battery doesn't have enough juice,
JUst put in a new battery and had it checked be 2 different people. Battery
test ok .I only see this when the van sits up over night.or all day. I had
the alternator checked anfd it was fine. The mechanics seem to think it is a
electrical problem that drains the battery. Could this be the Ignition switch?
Some how i am losing the charge on the battery.
Any help!!

Old August 9th 06, 09:55 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
propman

"javelinjay" <u25052@uwe> wrote in news:647d1b3d4b59e@uwe:

> I have a 2002 dodge grand caravan that just clicks and doesn't turn
> the starter over or engine over. Fells like the battery doesn't have
> enough juice, JUst put in a new battery and had it checked be 2
> different people. Battery test ok .

> I only see this when the van sits
> up over night.or all day.

Well tell it to go to bed, preferably early and LIE DOWN!! <grin>

> I had the alternator checked anfd it was
> fine. The mechanics seem to think it is a electrical problem that
> drains the battery. Could this be the Ignition switch? Some how i am
> losing the charge on the battery. Any help!!

Could be something in the ignition switch but then again it could be a
myriad of other possibilities too. Do a through check for
lose,mispositoned, cracked, burnt (arcing marks, wire insulation etc). If
nothing obvious is observed then the next check is for continutity and
ammeter hookup for irregular current draw on a particular circuit. Try
disconnecting things one at a time until you have traced back to the
problem area.

Old August 9th 06, 12:11 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
damnnickname

so when it just clicks what do you have to do to start it? Jump start or
does it just start if you keep trying it? Is this a starter solonoid
problem?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 9th 06, 12:38 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
javelinjay via CarKB.com

damnnickname wrote:
>so when it just clicks what do you have to do to start it? Jump start or
>does it just start if you keep trying it? Is this a starter solonoid
>problem?
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech

Just keep trying and it will eventually crank off as if the battery is real
weak!
Thanks

Old August 9th 06, 08:15 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"javelinjay via CarKB.com" <u25052@uwe> wrote in message
> damnnickname wrote:
> >so when it just clicks what do you have to do to start it? Jump start or
> >does it just start if you keep trying it? Is this a starter solonoid
> >problem?
> >
> >Glenn Beasley
> >Chrysler Tech

> Just keep trying and it will eventually crank off as if the battery is

real
> weak!
> Thanks

If the battery tests good and the connections are ok and it only happens
overnight......more then likely something is left on and draining the
battery. If it is a glove box lite or something like that your battery
shouldn't go dead just from one nite unless it is a cheap battery

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 10th 06, 01:27 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
javelinjay via CarKB.com

STarter is the problem.
I had my wife turn and hold the key to start it while i hit the starter and
vroom its starts right up.