Snow on trucks....

Old February 16th 11, 12:38 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default Snow on trucks....

This is no safety hazard at all....

http://failblog.org/2011/02/15/epic-...nche-fail-gif/

"Snow Explodes As Truck Passes Under Bridge"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FNQx7Cd9A

Old February 16th 11, 01:15 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

On 2/15/2011 6:38 PM, Brent wrote:
> This is no safety hazard at all....
>
> http://failblog.org/2011/02/15/epic-...nche-fail-gif/
>
> "Snow Explodes As Truck Passes Under Bridge"
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FNQx7Cd9A

Wow!
Old February 16th 11, 01:25 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 02/15/2011 08:15 PM, Rich Piehl wrote:
> On 2/15/2011 6:38 PM, Brent wrote:
>> This is no safety hazard at all....
>>
>> http://failblog.org/2011/02/15/epic-...nche-fail-gif/
>>

>> "Snow Explodes As Truck Passes Under Bridge"
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FNQx7Cd9A
>>

> Wow!

On the upside, at least it wasn't chunky with ice. Not that I'm not
amazed that anyone would leave the yard with THAT much snow on their
trailer... that's just negligent. What if there *had* been a big solid
mass of ice in there? Could easily go through someone's windshield.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old February 16th 11, 01:44 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-02-16, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> On 02/15/2011 08:15 PM, Rich Piehl wrote:
>> On 2/15/2011 6:38 PM, Brent wrote:
>>> This is no safety hazard at all....
>>>
>>> http://failblog.org/2011/02/15/epic-...nche-fail-gif/
>>>

>>> "Snow Explodes As Truck Passes Under Bridge"
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FNQx7Cd9A
>>>

>> Wow!

> On the upside, at least it wasn't chunky with ice. Not that I'm not
> amazed that anyone would leave the yard with THAT much snow on their
> trailer... that's just negligent. What if there *had* been a big solid
> mass of ice in there? Could easily go through someone's windshield.

After the big snow here I saw a trailer having the snow on top cleared
off with a fork lift. Yet another method to clear off a trailer without
anyone climbing up there. It was good drift snow so the fork lift driver
pushed the forks in near the bottom and lifted it off in hunks.

Old February 16th 11, 02:51 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 20:25:42 -0500, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>On 02/15/2011 08:15 PM, Rich Piehl wrote:
>> On 2/15/2011 6:38 PM, Brent wrote:
>>> This is no safety hazard at all....
>>>
>>> http://failblog.org/2011/02/15/epic-...nche-fail-gif/
>>>

>>> "Snow Explodes As Truck Passes Under Bridge"
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FNQx7Cd9A
>>>

>> Wow!

>On the upside, at least it wasn't chunky with ice. Not that I'm not
>amazed that anyone would leave the yard with THAT much snow on their
>trailer... that's just negligent.

Probablly left a truckstop or a rest area or similar where there would
have most likely been nobody doing any inspections besides the driver
him/her self...

>What if there *had* been a big solid
>mass of ice in there? Could easily go through someone's windshield.

Or damaged the overpass and the trucker would have been none the wiser
and kept on going...

--
Carl Rogers makes a libelous statement:

"Necromancer bangs corpses."
--Carl Rogers, 10/24/2008

Ref:http://tinyurl.com/yhnd28o
Msg ID:
Old February 16th 11, 03:23 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

On 2/15/2011 7:44 PM, Brent wrote:
> On 2011-02-16, Nate > wrote:

>>> Wow!

>> On the upside, at least it wasn't chunky with ice. Not that I'm not
>> amazed that anyone would leave the yard with THAT much snow on their
>> trailer... that's just negligent. What if there *had* been a big solid
>> mass of ice in there? Could easily go through someone's windshield.

> After the big snow here I saw a trailer having the snow on top cleared
> off with a fork lift. Yet another method to clear off a trailer without
> anyone climbing up there. It was good drift snow so the fork lift driver
> pushed the forks in near the bottom and lifted it off in hunks.

We had a lady here have her windshield smashed by snow/ice coming off
the roof of a school bus on the freeway.
Old February 17th 11, 05:04 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
John David Galt

necromancer wrote:
> Probablly left a truckstop or a rest area or similar where there would
> have most likely been nobody doing any inspections besides the driver
> him/her self...

And so what if there were? It's not any driver's duty to get snow off his
roof when it will blow off naturally during driving.

>> What if there *had* been a big solid
>> mass of ice in there? Could easily go through someone's windshield.

Which would be the following driver's fault and no one else's. Anyone so
stupid as to tailgate a vehicle with snow piled high on it is asking for
whatever happens to him.
Old February 17th 11, 05:06 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-02-17, John David Galt > wrote:
> necromancer wrote:
>> Probablly left a truckstop or a rest area or similar where there would
>> have most likely been nobody doing any inspections besides the driver
>> him/her self...

> And so what if there were? It's not any driver's duty to get snow off his
> roof when it will blow off naturally during driving.

What about a cloud of blue oil smoke?

>>> What if there *had* been a big solid
>>> mass of ice in there? Could easily go through someone's windshield.

> Which would be the following driver's fault and no one else's. Anyone so
> stupid as to tailgate a vehicle with snow piled high on it is asking for
> whatever happens to him.

Tailgating is probably one of the safer locations when the ice or large
chucks let go....

Old February 17th 11, 06:11 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

On 2/17/2011 12:04 AM, John David Galt wrote:
> necromancer wrote:

>> Probablly left a truckstop or a rest area or similar where there would
>> have most likely been nobody doing any inspections besides the driver
>> him/her self...

> And so what if there were? It's not any driver's duty to get snow off his
> roof when it will blow off naturally during driving.

It's essentially an unsecured load. If you have to suddenly slow for
some reason, that sheet of snow could end up blocking your view through
the windshield or one of your side windows.

So you do have the obligation to remove it from the vehicle before
driving it.
Old February 17th 11, 01:46 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Feb 15, 9:51*pm, necromancer
<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:

> Probablly left a truckstop or a rest area or similar

I think the road/median would have a tad more snow if that were
true.

> where there would
> have most likely been nobody doing any inspections besides the driver
> him/her self...

Nobody does any inspections for roof snow other than the driver his/
herself... unless you want to count the random cop... or weigh
station.

> >What if there *had* been a big solid
> >mass of ice in there? *Could easily go through someone's windshield.

> Or damaged the overpass and the trucker would have been none the wiser
> and kept on going...

A block of ice, say 53' x 1' x 2' would weigh...
carrytheonegoesinta... 6000#. I think you'd have to have the CB
turned up pretty loud to miss that.

I don't recall ever seeing a trailer with that much snow, but I have
to admit I enjoyed blowing snow with my trailer.

On lightly traveled western 2 lanes you can find a foot of dry powder
that kicks up a blizzard in the wake that is a sight to behold,
especially as the occasional vehicles approach in the pitch-black
night.
-----

- gpsman

It's all the snow's fault! Blame the SNOW!! John B. Driving 11 November 21st 07 04:22 PM
Snow? XS11E[_1_] Mazda 8 February 1st 07 03:31 PM
Snow! The Merg Jeep 13 January 25th 07 01:06 AM
snow tires Konyoman Honda 2 November 27th 05 10:49 PM
Snow - again! JohnR66 Ford Mustang 10 March 16th 05 02:58 AM