Offical Pics of the New Miata

Old February 24th 05, 01:52 PM
Dave

In article >, Scott Streeter > wrote:

>The only
>think I think they should have done different is the wheel arches. I

Agree on the arches. But you like the squared off roll hoops? I
wanted roll hoops on my NB, but nothing like those. And they look
too short to satisfy track and club rules.

>Plus I'm sure all the
>rags will be comparing the Miata/Solstice/Sky in many articles.

That will certainly happen. More choices are a good thing. Maybe
it'll help keep Miata prices honest.

And how anyone (not you) can call a Solstice a "booring looking
Pontiac"...
Old February 24th 05, 10:44 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Scott Hughes > wrote:

> Well, the good news is, it is very rare that pictures do justice. Not
> saying that everyone will love it when the see it in person. But more
> often than not, when I see a car in real life for the first time, I'm
> usually thinking, "man, that looks way better/worse/different than the
> pics I saw online or in a magazine."

Agreed. Moreso than the NA or NB, I think the color will make a
significant difference in how the new shape appears. This car should
look great in white or red, but perhaps too fussy in metallics.

Overall, I like what I've seen so far. There's just enough RX-8
influence for family identity.

But the proof of the pudding is always in the eating. Or driving.

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old February 25th 05, 02:59 AM
Craig Wagner

Scott Streeter > wrote:

>http://www.autoweek.com/files/specia...x5/pages/1.htm

Personally, I like it. I currently own a 2001 LS.

But as I was looking at the pictures of the interior I got this nagging feeling
I'd seen it before. So I went out to the garage and, sure enough, it's the same
as the one in my S2000.

--
Craig Wagner, craig.wagner(at)comcast.net
Portland, OR

"Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"
Old February 25th 05, 12:16 PM
Dave

In article >, (Leon van Dommelen) wrote:

>Just an idea,
>Leon

Well, everyone has a bad idea now and then.

cheers,
Dave
Old February 25th 05, 06:55 PM
Scott Hughes

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in
:

> I can't get the darn link to work, seems maybe their server went down
> or something. Any one else having trouble?
>
> As far as the looks go, when you love a car, you generally don't
> respond favorably to changes to that car, at least at first.
> Patience...... As for the RX8 I've got to say that it will go down in
> styling history side by side with the 1st and 3rd gen RX7's and the
> Miata. Might not be for 'everybody' but it is an excellent design by
> design standards. It's innovative, creative, coherent and bold. IMHO
> they did go just a bit overboard w/ the not-so-hidden wankel symbols
> and the extrovertness of the interior but hey, it ain't no boring
> Pontiac.
>
> Chris
> 92BB&T

Go to:
http://www.autoweek.com
and follow one of the links to the Geneva Motor Show. Currently, you can
click on the G.M.S. tab and then click the G.M.S. banner that shows
below. From there, the Miata is the first on the list, top-left. You
can get both the pictures and the article from there. HTH.

-Scott
Old February 25th 05, 07:01 PM
Scott Hughes

Scott Streeter > wrote in
:

> I would image the built quality in the Miata will be higher. The only
> think I think they should have done different is the wheel arches. I
> know they are trying to tie the sports cars together (RX-8) but if
> those lines where more sutble and blended into the body more it would
> look much cleaner to me. Also the clear taillights suck too. Hopefully
> that's just an option (check off "rice-boy" on your build sheet). But
> like all cars you need to get in and drive them. Plus I'm sure all the
> rags will be comparing the Miata/Solstice/Sky in many articles.

My guess is the clear taillights will be standard. The 3, 6 & 8 all have
them now. One of the aspects of Mazda's zoom-zoom image involves getting
back to where you can look at a car and tell it's a Mazda because it looks
like a Mazda. Not that all their cars should look alike, but they will
have strong similarities accross the line.

-Scott
Old February 26th 05, 01:09 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Scott Hughes > wrote:

>My guess is the clear taillights will be standard. The 3, 6 & 8 all have
>them now. One of the aspects of Mazda's zoom-zoom image involves getting
>back to where you can look at a car and tell it's a Mazda because it looks
>like a Mazda. Not that all their cars should look alike, but they will
>have strong similarities accross the line.

What a stupid idea! Instead of trying to make each car look the
*best* they can make it look, they restrict the designer to make a
Miata resemble a truck.

Gee, I wonder who is managing this japanese company. Sounds to me
some of their management may have spend too much time in the good
ol USA and have lost a few marbles there.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old February 26th 05, 01:54 AM
The Millers

Not to mention the crimes going on at Dodge. Does a Magnum or a Charger
really need to look just like a Ram Pickup?

"Generic" > wrote in message
m...

> "Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message
>> Scott Hughes > wrote:
>>
>> >My guess is the clear taillights will be standard. The 3, 6 & 8 all
>> >have
>> >them now. One of the aspects of Mazda's zoom-zoom image involves
>> >getting
>> >back to where you can look at a car and tell it's a Mazda because it

> looks
>> >like a Mazda. Not that all their cars should look alike, but they will
>> >have strong similarities accross the line.

>> What a stupid idea! Instead of trying to make each car look the
>> *best* they can make it look, they restrict the designer to make a
>> Miata resemble a truck.
>>
>> Gee, I wonder who is managing this japanese company. Sounds to me
>> some of their management may have spend too much time in the good
>> ol USA and have lost a few marbles there.
>>
>> Leon

> Hmmm....that's been standard practice for many many decades....look at
> BMW,
> Mercedes, Cadillac, Chevy (current grille bar), etc.
>
> -John

Corvette vs Miata - long Tom Howlin Mazda 23 February 28th 05 11:28 PM
Trade: 1994 Mazda Miata + $$$ for Karmann Ghia MoreOfTheBugs VW air cooled 0 January 23rd 05 09:50 PM
Looking to buy 1991 1.8 liter turbo miata pws Mazda 3 November 23rd 04 05:37 AM
Another Miata Owner Ken Lyons Mazda 4 November 13th 04 05:38 AM
Market Value - 2003 Miata Carol Mazda 18 September 9th 04 09:12 PM