Market Value - 2003 Miata

Old September 7th 04, 01:57 AM
Carol

Default Market Value - 2003 Miata

I loved my Miata with grand abandon until a total freaking rat ******* idiot
ran a red light and killed it two weeks ago. (Pics at www.aintchicken.com )
Luckily I lived. Now I'm looking for listings for 2003 Miata, dark green,
manual, base plus convenience package, 5,900 miles, perfect condition (until
the rat ******* hit it) so I can talk to his insurance company with some
intelligence. I've found lots of ads for 2002's but would appreciate any
links to ads out there I could use to support my claim for my 2003. What a
sad sad day - lost my dream car - very greatful to be alive. Thanks in
advance. - Carol

Old September 7th 04, 09:34 AM
Eric Baber

> I loved my Miata with grand abandon until a total freaking rat *******
idiot
> ran a red light and killed it two weeks ago. (Pics at

www.aintchicken.com )

How on earth did you survive!!!!!!!! I take it you're in the US and that you
were on the left-hand side of the car? By the looks of the picture that's
where the truck ploughed into you.

I don't have any info for you I'm afraid since I'm in the UK, but thank
goodness you're alive. Full marks for the design of the car, I'd say.

Eric

Old September 7th 04, 11:18 AM
Dave

Carol,

Sorry to hear. Glad you are alright.
Anyway, just run an advanced search on '03 Miatas at Cars.com,
search all areas. I found 93 listings. Also check
autotrader.com.

Good luck!
Old September 7th 04, 03:12 PM
Craig Wagner

"Carol" > wrote:

>I loved my Miata with grand abandon until a total freaking rat ******* idiot
>ran a red light and killed it two weeks ago. (Pics at www.aintchicken.com )
>Luckily I lived. Now I'm looking for listings for 2003 Miata, dark green,
>manual, base plus convenience package, 5,900 miles, perfect condition (until
>the rat ******* hit it) so I can talk to his insurance company with some
>intelligence. I've found lots of ads for 2002's but would appreciate any
>links to ads out there I could use to support my claim for my 2003. What a
>sad sad day - lost my dream car - very greatful to be alive. Thanks in
>advance. - Carol

You might want to check both Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com) and Edmunds
(www.edmunds.com). On the Edmunds site, click on Used Cars, then Appraise a Car.
---
Craig Wagner, craig.wagner(at)comcast.net
Portland, OR

"Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"
Old September 7th 04, 06:11 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

I second Craigs post script, wish we could effectively do it!

"Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"

Carol, you must be a strong woman, hang in there and God bless you. Is there
any way we can help you? Fund raiseing for medical costs?

Chris
92BB&T

Old September 8th 04, 06:02 PM
Carol

That's what I thought! This little car did everything it could to protect
me - air bags went off - front of car crumpled into a mess and absorbed so
much energy!! BUT my husband keeps talking about when I get ready to buy a
car that I'll be buying a Hummer. Curses!!! How to explain to someone who
loves you that the Miata did a great job of keeping my alive?

Old September 8th 04, 06:03 PM
Carol

Thanks Dave
I'll try them both - I appreciate the suggestions!

Old September 8th 04, 06:03 PM
Carol

Craig & Chris - thanks for the suggestions - ESPECIALLY the Ban Low
Performance drivers part! Ha ha!! I am very lucky not only that I lived but
that I have medical insurance and that the rat ******* had car insurance -
strangely enough money is not my problem - it's just all about broken bones
healing. Talk to everyone you know about how important it is to STOP at red
lights!

Old September 8th 04, 07:25 PM
Me

Extremely glad you survived to tell us about it. I drive my Miata like
I rode my motorcycles--assuming no one else is competent or paying
attention.

Kelly Blue Book.

www.kbb.com

JJ

Old September 9th 04, 04:42 AM
theresa

Hi Carol --

Saw your pictures. I also got hit in the door on Sunday (but not with
the jaw dropping intensity of yours) yet when the EMTs arrived and saw
the car, they all assumed I had a broken neck, etc. All I have is a
very sore shoulder and a bruised leg so tell your husband that when our
Miatas give their all to save us, they give their lives.

Mine was a black top Emerald 2000, built on the first day of the new
Millennium and I am going to miss her like hell. I haven't seen her yet
-- what was left was towed and I'm still not quite up to renting a car
and seeing her totaled like that -- but to watch someone's front grill
come at you and plunge into the driver's side and then to have the
window and air bags explode at the same time...that's a sad club.

I'm still shedding bits of the safety glass.

Also tell hubby that SUVs hit in the side tend to roll, and you might
have been messed up even more.
====
First Nora, then Carol, and now me -- maybe people don't want Miatas to
be chick cars...

theresa

PS to the group: Thanks again for your help when I first got her and for
teaching me to wash a car.

Carol wrote:

> I loved my Miata with grand abandon until a total freaking rat ******* idiot
> ran a red light and killed it two weeks ago. (Pics at www.aintchicken.com )
> Luckily I lived. Now I'm looking for listings for 2003 Miata, dark green,
> manual, base plus convenience package, 5,900 miles, perfect condition (until
> the rat ******* hit it) so I can talk to his insurance company with some
> intelligence. I've found lots of ads for 2002's but would appreciate any
> links to ads out there I could use to support my claim for my 2003. What a
> sad sad day - lost my dream car - very greatful to be alive. Thanks in
> advance. - Carol

Add Navigation to 2003 Honda Accord LX Rich Honda 1 December 23rd 04 09:17 PM
2003 A4 Bose Radio.. Aux inputs for Satellite??? Troy Bruder Audi 6 December 1st 04 03:38 PM
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Cabriolet Karl Audi 0 October 19th 04 12:42 AM
How much could I get for 2003 Sunfire? Bellefee General 0 August 23rd 04 03:45 PM