standard installation for a VW polo s55

Old January 8th 05, 06:41 PM
hatchback_man

Default standard installation for a VW polo s55

Hi
I am trying to get a quote for an insurance on my VW Polo 2003 1.2 55s

i was wondering which of the following and what kind comes as standard
installation

alarm fitted
immobiliser
tracker

and what is the difference between an S55 and an S65

thanks guys

Old January 8th 05, 07:00 PM
Jan Andersson

hatchback_man wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to get a quote for an insurance on my VW Polo 2003 1.2 55s
>
> i was wondering which of the following and what kind comes as standard
> installation
>
> alarm fitted
> immobiliser
> tracker
>
> and what is the difference between an S55 and an S65
>
> thanks guys

You might get better respinses in the WATERcooled VW group.

rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled.

We are all airheads here.. old skool VW's

Jan
Old January 8th 05, 07:21 PM
jjs

"hatchback_man" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Hi
> I am trying to get a quote for an insurance on my VW Polo 2003 1.2 55s
>
> i was wondering which of the following and what kind comes as standard
> installation
>
> alarm fitted
> immobiliser
> tracker

Ya know what's cool about all that stuff? It can be disarmed by radio
outside the car. Sucker.

Old January 12th 05, 11:48 AM
Jouko P. Kenttä

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> We are all airheads here.. old skool VW's

I think my K70 is also pretty old skool
http://personal.inet.fi/hima/huvi/K70/
(water skooled though)

-J

Old January 12th 05, 03:37 PM
Scott H

"Jouko P. Kenttä" wrote ...
> I think my K70 is also pretty old skool
> http://personal.inet.fi/hima/huvi/K70/
> (water skooled though)

Very cool.
How difficult is it to find parts for it?

--
Scott

Old January 12th 05, 04:46 PM
Jan Andersson

Scott H wrote:

> "Jouko P. Kenttä" wrote ...
> > I think my K70 is also pretty old skool
> > http://personal.inet.fi/hima/huvi/K70/
> > (water skooled though)

> Very cool.
> How difficult is it to find parts for it?
>
> --
> Scott

I drove one once. Kind of fascinating. I wouldn't mind having one to
putt around on those rainy days
Did they ever make them with four wheel drive and ~200hp turbo? <grin>

Jan
Old January 13th 05, 07:51 AM
Jouko P. Kenttä

"Scott H" > wrote in message

> Very cool.
> How difficult is it to find parts for it?

I would say at least very challenging. Fortunately I found
a German club (the 1. international K70 club, www.k70-club.de )
which has huge pile of NOS parts. And being creative you can
adapt parts from other makers (and models) as well.

-J