Travel Safe zone in Lee's Summit, MO

Old March 20th 10, 04:28 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
My Land of Misery

Default Travel Safe zone in Lee's Summit, MO

US 50 between I-470 and MO 291 has been tagged as a Travel Safe
Zone...all traffic fines in that stretch are doubled.

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-hig...,5885628.story

My comment he that stretch is posted 65. It gets congested enough
that I usually stick to 60.
Old March 20th 10, 05:40 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
lil abner

My Land of Misery wrote:
> US 50 between I-470 and MO 291 has been tagged as a Travel Safe
> Zone...all traffic fines in that stretch are doubled.
>
> http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-hig...,5885628.story
>
> My comment he that stretch is posted 65. It gets congested enough
> that I usually stick to 60.

If they trebled the fines then it would be a really safe zone? If they
quad tripled the fines then it would be a really really safe zone?
Old March 21st 10, 01:02 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 09:28:02 -0700 (PDT), My Land of Misery wrote:

>US 50 between I-470 and MO 291 has been tagged as a Travel Safe
>Zone...all traffic fines in that stretch are doubled.

I noticed that same designation along a very rural stretch of MO 142 when I was
on my way back from Texas. What are the criteria for such a designation? The
affected segment of MO 142 looked no different than the rest of the highway as I
drove between US 63 and US 160.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"
Old March 21st 10, 01:36 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Frito Pendejo[_3_]

"H.B. Elkins" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 09:28:02 -0700 (PDT), My Land of Misery wrote:
>>
>>US 50 between I-470 and MO 291 has been tagged as a Travel Safe
>>Zone...all traffic fines in that stretch are doubled.

> I noticed that same designation along a very rural stretch of MO 142 when
> I was
> on my way back from Texas. What are the criteria for such a designation?
> The
> affected segment of MO 142 looked no different than the rest of the
> highway as I
> drove between US 63 and US 160.

My guess is that it's nothing more than a revenue generating program.

Old March 21st 10, 05:12 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Honorable Mention[_2_]

On Mar 20, 1:40*pm, lil abner > wrote:
> My Land of Misery wrote:> US 50 between I-470 and MO 291 has been tagged as a Travel Safe
> > Zone...all traffic fines in that stretch are doubled.

> >http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-hig...1910,0,5885628...

> > My comment he that stretch is posted 65. *It gets congested enough
> > that I usually stick to 60.

> If they trebled the fines then it would be a really safe zone? If they
> quad tripled the fines then it would be a really really safe zone?

Sure, you wouldn't be able to drive there anymore because you'd have
no money left after the gumment took your whole check. Then, you had
no money left to go to work so you got fired. Therefore, the road
would be safe with one less driver. As word got out, more drivers
would start trying to avoid the road and thus it would become
increasingly safe from traffic. But remember they are just trying to
protect you...from feeding yourself or your family.
Old March 21st 10, 05:52 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
lil abner

Scott in SoCal wrote:
> Last time on rec.autos.driving, My Land of Misery >
> said:
>
>> US 50 between I-470 and MO 291 has been tagged as a Travel Safe
>> Zone...all traffic fines in that stretch are doubled.

> BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!
>
> What's next, a "The State Needs The Money Zone" where all traffic
> fines are tripled?

You're catching on fast. I bet they are ahead of you though.
Their label will be more creative probably.
Old March 21st 10, 06:17 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Honorable Mention[_2_]

On Mar 21, 1:52*am, lil abner > wrote:
> Scott in SoCal wrote:
> > Last time on rec.autos.driving, My Land of Misery >
> > said:

> >> US 50 between I-470 and MO 291 has been tagged as a Travel Safe
> >> Zone...all traffic fines in that stretch are doubled.

> > BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

> > What's next, a "The State Needs The Money Zone" where all traffic
> > fines are tripled?

> You're catching on fast. I bet they are ahead of you though.
> Their label will be more creative probably.

The "Stay Alive Initiative", "Missourians for Safe Driving", "Are you
dying for a ticket?" or some blabber like that all meant to try to
brainwash you into believing that a "routine traffic stop" (arrest) is
"for your own good" (mmm hmm...huge penalties for exceeding an
arbitrarily low speed limit is for your own good). This all happened
b/c people making lots of money for years made them get the Stockholm
syndrome where we needed "more police on the street" to "protect us
from those horrible criminals". Yep, the same people that jumped for
joy at the "three strikes law". The same LLB's that proudly boast "I
support law enforcement" and other such nazis who love to proclaim if
you ever criticize them that they are protecting "your freedom" and
suggesting you are a criminal. So the mayor then supported more law
enforcement. Guess what happens to the next mayor who tries to
downsize the police force?
Old March 21st 10, 04:35 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-03-21, Honorable Mention > wrote:
> On Mar 21, 1:52*am, lil abner > wrote:
>> Scott in SoCal wrote:
>> > Last time on rec.autos.driving, My Land of Misery >

>> > BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

>> > What's next, a "The State Needs The Money Zone" where all traffic
>> > fines are tripled?

>> You're catching on fast. I bet they are ahead of you though.
>> Their label will be more creative probably.

> The "Stay Alive Initiative", "Missourians for Safe Driving", "Are you
> dying for a ticket?" or some blabber like that all meant to try to
> brainwash you into believing that a "routine traffic stop" (arrest) is
> "for your own good" (mmm hmm...huge penalties for exceeding an
> arbitrarily low speed limit is for your own good). This all happened
> b/c people making lots of money for years made them get the Stockholm
> syndrome where we needed "more police on the street" to "protect us
> from those horrible criminals". Yep, the same people that jumped for
> joy at the "three strikes law". The same LLB's that proudly boast "I
> support law enforcement" and other such nazis who love to proclaim if
> you ever criticize them that they are protecting "your freedom" and
> suggesting you are a criminal. So the mayor then supported more law
> enforcement. Guess what happens to the next mayor who tries to
> downsize the police force?

That works with even further expansion. Is there a single instance
anywhere that government of any level did something for our safety, to
keep us safe, or otherwise for our own good that did not expand
government power and revenue? Or at the very least serve business
or special interests close to the government?

Old March 21st 10, 05:05 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Otto Yamamoto[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:35:50 +0000, Brent wrote:

> That works with even further expansion. Is there a single instance
> anywhere that government of any level did something for our safety, to
> keep us safe, or otherwise for our own good that did not expand
> government power and revenue? Or at the very least serve business or
> special interests close to the government?

I've said it before. The sole purpose of a government is ensure it's
continued survival and monopoly on behaviour control and violence.

--
Otto Yamamoto
Old March 21st 10, 07:11 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
richard

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 09:28:02 -0700 (PDT), My Land of Misery wrote:

> US 50 between I-470 and MO 291 has been tagged as a Travel Safe
> Zone...all traffic fines in that stretch are doubled.
>
> http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-hig...,5885628.story
>
> My comment he that stretch is posted 65. It gets congested enough
> that I usually stick to 60.

Can we say "Cash cow"?
Sounds like the city is using the ploy as a means to generate more revenue.