E46 M3 rotors

Old August 8th 06, 05:16 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
sgfan3

Default E46 M3 rotors

Hi All. I'm looking for recommendations regarding 2001 E46 M3 brake rotors
that are of good quality and reasonably priced. Has anyone made a recent
purchase of these for your E46 M3? There are tons of them on eBay around
$100 USD per rotor. Which is better...slots or holes? Maybe both? Pad
recommendations are appreciated too. TIA

Old August 8th 06, 05:19 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
sgfan3

One more thing...Do E36 M3s use the same rotors as E46 M3s? There are lots
of rotors for E36s at eBay.

Old August 8th 06, 07:49 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sperry

No they don't use the same rotors. Check Bimmerworld, James Clay is a great
guy

Old August 10th 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
sgfan3

Thanks for the advice, Rich.

. ..

Old August 10th 06, 12:06 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

IMO the holes (drilled rotors) are overkill unless you race. But they look cool.

I've tried lots of different ones and swear by the ATE slotted ones. THey
go by the silly name "power discs".

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)? jim Technology 0 March 4th 06 01:33 PM
Dealer over-torked lug nuts - warped rotors now! Advice please... bertbarndoor Honda 5 May 3rd 05 12:27 AM
Rotors Cracked [email protected] Honda 5 March 29th 05 02:59 PM
2001 300Ci: Rotors shot after 53k miles? [email protected] BMW 11 March 23rd 05 03:52 PM