obd connector

Old April 13th 05, 03:32 AM
Nadia

Default obd connector

Does anyone know where the obd connector is on my UK 1994 Audi Avant 1.9
TDI?

and would this item on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7967558874

be suitable for my Audi?

T/A

Old April 13th 05, 09:39 AM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Nadia" > wrote:

> Does anyone know where the obd connector is on my UK 1994 Audi Avant 1.9
> TDI?

On a 1994 car, you will have the old 2 X 2 diagnostics connector -
probably located within the fuse box. My colleague's 1995 A6 Avant is
certainly equipped in this way.

> and would this item on ebay
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7967558874
> be suitable for my Audi?

Only with the optional 2x2 adapter, like the one he
http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=VAGCOM

The two small black and white connectors plug into the mating sockets on
your car.

Old April 13th 05, 04:16 PM
Mike Whiteman

OBDII was part of US model spec for 96 onwards.

> OBDI was prior to that and used a different connector interface plug.
>
> Can't speak for UK but I suspect you don't have an OBDII connector.
>
> Ross-tech sells an adapter to allow you to connect an OBDII plug to a pre
> OBDII car.Expensive tho'.
>
> http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...tego ry_Code=
>
> The Ebay item should work on later 96 onward cars and with an adapter on
> earlier cars.
>
> This might be cheaper (with the current US exchange rate) its what I have
> for my 96 A4.
>
> http://www.obdtool.com/

k...

Old April 15th 05, 04:51 AM
curmudgeon

Somebody better tell GM it started in 96 cause my 95 Blazer has OBDII

Old April 16th 05, 07:16 AM
JimV

It was required by federal law in '96. Some newly designed models
shipped with it in '95

curmudgeon wrote:
> Somebody better tell GM it started in 96 cause my 95 Blazer has OBDII
> "Mike Whiteman" > wrote in message
>
>>OBDII was part of US model spec for 96 onwards.
>>
>>>OBDI was prior to that and used a different connector interface plug.
>>>
>>>Can't speak for UK but I suspect you don't have an OBDII connector.
>>>
>>>Ross-tech sells an adapter to allow you to connect an OBDII plug to a pre
>>>OBDII car.Expensive tho'.
>>>
>>>http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...tego ry_Code=
>>>
>>>The Ebay item should work on later 96 onward cars and with an adapter on
>>>earlier cars.
>>>
>>>This might be cheaper (with the current US exchange rate) its what I have
>>>for my 96 A4.
>>>
>>>http://www.obdtool.com/
>>>

>>"Nadia" > wrote in message
.uk...

>>>Does anyone know where the obd connector is on my UK 1994 Audi Avant 1.9
>>>TDI?
>>>
>>>and would this item on ebay
>>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7967558874
>>>
>>>be suitable for my Audi?
>>>
>>>T/A

access instrument cluster connector & speedo sensor troubleshooting [email protected] Jeep 6 March 28th 05 07:16 PM
Oil Pressure Sensor Connector [email protected] Technology 0 March 17th 05 12:01 AM
Oil Pressure Sensor Connector [email protected] Technology 0 March 17th 05 12:01 AM
Connector in the trunk Ben Saturn 4 November 18th 04 07:04 AM
2 radio connector ports - which is used? Warren Saturn 0 May 27th 04 03:23 AM