Code P1131 on 2000 GT question

Old March 31st 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark G7#9

Default Code P1131 on 2000 GT question

I got 2 errors at the same time :

P1131 "lack of bank 1 02 transitions -lean"
P1132 "lack of bank 1 02 transitions -rich"

Can someone tell me plz what bank 1 02 is ???

I started to get the code after the clutch was replaced so I'm
thinking O2 sensor may have been touched during install. Also, I put
in a bottle of injector cleaner fluid around the same time. Can this
give false errors too?

BTW, the engine runs fine with about 104K on it. (I recently changed
the plugs and fuel filter as well).

Thanks in advance,
Mark
2000 GT
Old March 31st 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_9_]

Mark G7#9 wrote:
> I got 2 errors at the same time :
>
> P1131 "lack of bank 1 02 transitions -lean"
> P1132 "lack of bank 1 02 transitions -rich"
>

> Can someone tell me plz what bank 1 02 is ???
>
> I started to get the code after the clutch was replaced so I'm
> thinking O2 sensor may have been touched during install. Also, I put
> in a bottle of injector cleaner fluid around the same time. Can this
> give false errors too?
>
> BTW, the engine runs fine with about 104K on it. (I recently changed
> the plugs and fuel filter as well).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mark
> 2000 GT

If you can, get under your car and check the connectors, two on each
side. Upstream sensor is between the cat and motor, downstream is after
the cat. Clear your codes to see if they come back.
Old April 7th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark G7#9

On Mar 31, 5:14*pm, GILL > wrote:
> Mark G7#9 wrote:
> > I got 2 errors at the same time :

> > P1131 *"lack of bank 1 02 transitions -lean"
> > P1132 *"lack of bank 1 02 transitions -rich"

> > Can someone tell me plz what bank 1 02 is ???

> > I started to get the code after the clutch was replaced so I'm
> > thinking O2 sensor may have been touched during install. Also, I put
> > in a bottle of injector cleaner fluid around the same time. Can this
> > give false errors too?

> > BTW, the engine runs fine with about 104K on it. (I recently changed
> > the plugs and fuel filter as well).

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Mark
> > 2000 GT

> If you can, get under your car and check the connectors, two on each
> side. Upstream sensor is between the cat and motor, downstream is after
> the cat. Clear your codes to see if they come back.

All the connections look OK. I had a friend with a fancy ODB laptop
check the output when the engine is idling. One of the front O2
sensors has a jagged sine wave output on the graph (while the others
are smooth). He said the sensor may just be doing its job and the
problem may be elsewhere. I may swap the sensors from left/right in a
few days to see if the problem is with the sensor itself. (It's a
bitch to get to the front ones even when the car is on the lift).
Other things I'm going to try is to spray the MAF again and check the
PVC valve.
Old April 8th 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
chuck

"Mark G7#9" > wrote in message
On Mar 31, 5:14 pm, GILL > wrote:
> Mark G7#9 wrote:
> > I got 2 errors at the same time :

> > P1131 "lack of bank 1 02 transitions -lean"
> > P1132 "lack of bank 1 02 transitions -rich"

> > Can someone tell me plz what bank 1 02 is ???

> > I started to get the code after the clutch was replaced so I'm
> > thinking O2 sensor may have been touched during install. Also, I put
> > in a bottle of injector cleaner fluid around the same time. Can this
> > give false errors too?

> > BTW, the engine runs fine with about 104K on it. (I recently changed
> > the plugs and fuel filter as well).

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Mark
> > 2000 GT

> If you can, get under your car and check the connectors, two on each
> side. Upstream sensor is between the cat and motor, downstream is after
> the cat. Clear your codes to see if they come back.

All the connections look OK. I had a friend with a fancy ODB laptop
check the output when the engine is idling. One of the front O2
sensors has a jagged sine wave output on the graph (while the others
are smooth). He said the sensor may just be doing its job and the
problem may be elsewhere. I may swap the sensors from left/right in a
few days to see if the problem is with the sensor itself. (It's a
bitch to get to the front ones even when the car is on the lift).
Other things I'm going to try is to spray the MAF again and check the
PVC valve.

some of that spray stuff can mess up an O2 sensor
some gasket material used on intake can mess it up too.
should say on the can or tube if it gets the O2 sensor.
bank 1 is probably one side of the car
Jagged is not good, check for loose connections or corroded connections.
could be bad/cracked sensor too
should be like a soft square wave about 1/2 volt high no jagged stuff.
It is counting time between zero crossings, and a jagged if too deep/high
will give false info to computer.
Swapping is the right thing to do, then see if the problem follows the swap
or not.
good luck
let us know what happened

2000 TDI DTC code question Peter Parker VW water cooled 3 February 4th 08 09:16 PM
Jeep Front End Question/ 2000 JGC + Bonus Question!! James[_1_] Jeep 30 November 4th 06 07:52 PM
Mazda 626 P1131 RNR Technology 2 August 29th 06 01:09 PM
2000 A4 1.8T trouble code KWS Audi 5 October 27th 05 06:45 AM
1998 Explorer V8 Displaying code P1131 Nate Ford Explorer 2 August 24th 05 10:28 PM