New concept tires change color when it is time for a new set of tires.

Old January 3rd 13, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default New concept tires change color when it is time for a new set of tires.

http://www.auto123.com/en Or, Google,,, Discolor Tyre
Old January 4th 13, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/04/2013 09:18 AM, genius wrote:
> On Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:50:13 AM UTC-7, JR wrote:
>> http://www.auto123.com/en Or, Google,,, Discolor Tyre

> A better link:
> http://www.auto123.com/en/news/is-di...y?artid=151329

not a new concept at all. they've had that on motorcycle and bike tires
for decades.

--
fact check required
Old January 5th 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Highways of the future? Not here. http://www.wardsauto.com Meanwhile, if you want to Google it? Netherlands to get glow in the dark highway
Old January 6th 13, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 01/04/2013 12:18 PM, genius wrote:
> On Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:50:13 AM UTC-7, JR wrote:
>> http://www.auto123.com/en Or, Google,,, Discolor Tyre

> A better link:
> http://www.auto123.com/en/news/is-di...y?artid=151329
>
> How much fun that could be with some orange spray paint in a parking lot.

And you still wouldn't get a ticket for it... it's shocking how many
literally bald tires I see on some fairly "nice" vehicles. Not sure if
people are just oblivious or figure that AWD will save them when they're
driving on Maypops...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old January 6th 13, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

On Jan 6, 8:10*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> it's shocking how many
> literally bald tires I see on some fairly "nice" vehicles. *Not sure if
> people are just oblivious or figure that AWD will save them when they're
> driving on Maypops...

"Save" them... from what...?

From: "N8N" >
Newsgroups: rec.autos.driving
Subject: Do the math on this?
Date: 16 Feb 2006 10:06:42 -0800

"Obviously you don't have the experience necessary to make such
statements, as it would take more than a tire failure to cause
complete loss of control at 85ish. I've actually had a rear tire go
down on me at >80 MPH and it was a total non-event. Unless there was
an explosion, tread separation resulting in a "gator" or similar...
not a
problem."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...n&dmode=source
-----

- gpsman
Old January 6th 13, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Sunday, January 6, 2013 9:56:54 AM UTC-6, gpsman wrote:
> On Jan 6, 8:10*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>
> > it's shocking how many

> > literally bald tires I see on some fairly "nice" vehicles. *Not sure if

> > people are just oblivious or figure that AWD will save them when they're

> > driving on Maypops...

> "Save" them... from what...?
>

> From: "N8N" >
>
> Newsgroups: rec.autos.driving
>
> Subject: Do the math on this?
>
> Date: 16 Feb 2006 10:06:42 -0800
>

> "Obviously you don't have the experience necessary to make such
>
> statements, as it would take more than a tire failure to cause
>
> complete loss of control at 85ish. I've actually had a rear tire go
>
> down on me at >80 MPH and it was a total non-event. Unless there was
>
> an explosion, tread separation resulting in a "gator" or similar...
>
> not a
>
> problem."
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...n&dmode=source
>
> -----
>

> - gpsman

There actually used to be a MAYPOP used tires place near me.
Old January 6th 13, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/06/2013 07:56 AM, gpsman wrote:
> On Jan 6, 8:10�am, Nate > wrote:
>> it's shocking how many
>> literally bald tires I see on some fairly "nice" vehicles. �Not sure if
>> people are just oblivious or figure that AWD will save them when they're
>> driving on Maypops...

> "Save" them... from what...?
>
> From: >
> Newsgroups: rec.autos.driving
> Subject: Do the math on this?
> Date: 16 Feb 2006 10:06:42 -0800
>
> "Obviously you don't have the experience necessary to make such
> statements, as it would take more than a tire failure to cause
> complete loss of control at 85ish. I've actually had a rear tire go
> down on me at>80 MPH and it was a total non-event. Unless there was
> an explosion, tread separation resulting in a "gator" or similar...
> not a
> problem."
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...n&dmode=source
> -----
>
> - gpsman

it's like watching that annoying neighbor kid grow up. and still be
annoying and childish.

--
fact check required
Old January 6th 13, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 01/06/2013 10:56 AM, gpsman wrote:
> On Jan 6, 8:10 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>> it's shocking how many
>> literally bald tires I see on some fairly "nice" vehicles. Not sure if
>> people are just oblivious or figure that AWD will save them when they're
>> driving on Maypops...

> "Save" them... from what...?

Um, hydroplaning when the roads get slightly damp?

Are you really as stupid as you act?

Oh, wait, we know that you are. It's amazing how you've been
consistently demonstrating your lack of knowledge, reading
comprehension, and critical thinking skills for what, going on a decade
now? without a shred of self-awareness or embarrassment. That's got to
be some kind of a record.

nate

Old January 6th 13, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

http://www.tirerack.com In the search window, type Measuring Tire Tred Depth With A Coin, click on GO.
Old January 6th 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/06/2013 09:46 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 01/06/2013 10:56 AM, gpsman wrote:
>> On Jan 6, 8:10 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>>> it's shocking how many
>>> literally bald tires I see on some fairly "nice" vehicles. Not sure if
>>> people are just oblivious or figure that AWD will save them when they're
>>> driving on Maypops...

>> "Save" them... from what...?

> Um, hydroplaning when the roads get slightly damp?
>
> Are you really as stupid as you act?
>
> Oh, wait, we know that you are. It's amazing how you've been
> consistently demonstrating your lack of knowledge, reading
> comprehension, and critical thinking skills

don't you feel the slightest twinge of hypocrisy or even irony nagging
at you when you write that? because each one of those are precisely and
exactly what you exhibit here all the time.

i hope the answer is yes. because if not, then you're spectacularly stupid.

--
fact check required