Cheaper Insurance on your BMW

Old September 21st 04, 04:01 AM
BMW Europe

Default Cheaper Insurance on your BMW

We are now able to offer insurance on ALL BMW.

UK - Europe - US

Please either email or leave a reply here. We will
contact you within 24 Hours

Thanks

Old September 21st 04, 03:31 PM
Fred W.

"BMW Europe" <cut spammer's email addy> wrote in message
> We are now able to offer insurance on ALL BMW.
>
> UK - Europe - US
>
> Please either email <cut spammer's email addy> or leave a reply here. We

will
> contact you within 24 Hours

Yeah, because that's the kind of insurance agent we should all be looking
for...

The newsgroup spamming kind.

Old September 21st 04, 06:30 PM
BMW Europe

try our website fred. www.bmweurope.co.uk newsgroups are for information.
and your issue was?
"Fred W." <Fred.Wills@'remove this to reply to' myrealbox.com> wrote in
message ...

Old September 21st 04, 07:34 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
BMW Europe > wrote:
> try our website fred. www.bmweurope.co.uk newsgroups are for
> information. and your issue was?

Doesn't work on my browser. Too many gimmicks probably. Not a good sign.

--
*If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old September 21st 04, 08:23 PM
BMW Europe

gimmicks? hmm try using IE6

Old September 21st 04, 09:17 PM
Ignasi Palou-Rivera

"BMW Europe" > writes:

> gimmicks? hmm try using IE6

Oh, the humanity!

--
Ignasi.
'90 325is
Old September 21st 04, 10:03 PM
BMW Europe

bloat ware? what is this? we were not aware people could not see the website

Old September 22nd 04, 01:25 AM
Robin S.

"Dan Drake" > wrote in message

> I am not going to argue the technical merits of IE vs. other browsers,
> but given that IE has ~95% of the browser market, why *wouldn't* I
> optimize my web site for IE?

Bulldog. Don't "optimize" for anything. It's certainly not necessary and
then you don't have angry potential customers...

> So, if I don't then I *may* miss 1 out of every 20 visitors.

5% on the internet is a lot of people and word travels *fast*.

> I'll do
> what I reasonably can to accommodate that one person, but it's the
> 80/20 rule, the law of diminishing returns, etc. Until someone
> *seriously* challenges MS's stranglehold on the browser, that is.

Rubbish. You don't have to do anything special to accomodate everyone. You
have to muck around to prevent some from seeing your site.

BMW Europe guy:
-Learn how to use Usenet (newsgroups like alt.autos.bmw) responsibly -
Google will archive your posts for the foreseeable future (decades) and they
will be available to anyone with an internet connection. They way you're
using it now is considered abuse by many, and that's bad publicity.
-Use HTML so that everyone can see your site, or at least find a web
designer who knows how.
-DO NOT tell people which software they should or should not be using.
-Music on your website? Many people listen to music while surfing the
internet and we don't want whatever little jingle you've come up with to
interfere with our music.

Regards,

Robin

Old September 22nd 04, 08:55 AM
adder

"BMW Europe" > wrote in message >...
> try our website fred. www.bmweurope.co.uk newsgroups are for information.
> and your issue was?

Still haven't used a spell checker yet then?
"UK based company"? What name are you registered under?
Old September 22nd 04, 09:46 AM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Robin S. > wrote:
> BMW Europe guy: -Learn how to use Usenet (newsgroups like alt.autos.bmw)
> responsibly - Google will archive your posts for the foreseeable future
> (decades) and they will be available to anyone with an internet
> connection. They way you're using it now is considered abuse by many,
> and that's bad publicity. -Use HTML so that everyone can see your site,
> or at least find a web designer who knows how. -DO NOT tell people which
> software they should or should not be using. -Music on your website?
> Many people listen to music while surfing the internet and we don't want
> whatever little jingle you've come up with to interfere with our music.

Yup.

I'd just add:-

BMW main dealers in the UK are so appalling (in my experience) that any
decent independant competition is to be welcomed. But constant spamming
with just advertising puts, IMHO, most off in a big way.

If you can help with an answer - or even useful comment - on the problem
then do so, and have the 'ad' as a sig. That way you'll gain respect. See
how Brett Anderson does it as a model.

--
*I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.