strange rattle/gurgle/cough

Old January 20th 06, 09:51 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default strange rattle/gurgle/cough

My 1998.5 A4 2.8 Quattro car is exhibiting a new sound that I can't
really describe. It doesn't happen consistently: it's a strange
little rattle that ONLY happens when I'm engaging the car in first
gear from a dead stop and am doing so very slowly and gently, seems
more prominent when the car is cold. Seems to do it while I'm
engaging the clutch and immediately after first gear is fully engaged.
The car has gone 95k miles, so what could be creating this noise?
Could it be an exhaust issue? The car drives great, no loss of power,
no weird gear shifts or clutch problems.

Question 1990 2.6L Isuzu trooper cooling system strange prob.. skysoldier173d Technology 9 November 28th 05 06:45 PM
Strange ongoing humming tone from 94 Accord [email protected] Honda 36 March 22nd 05 01:09 AM
i seek strange bowls with the thin sick rain, whilst Hector inadvertently jumps them too Sly Dopey Chimp General 0 January 10th 05 11:53 PM
Strange Idle pankajg General 0 December 17th 04 09:50 PM
Strange engine noise & high idle 98 SL ahr888 Saturn 0 December 6th 04 05:30 PM