94 Dodge Caravan

Old November 14th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Angels

Default 94 Dodge Caravan

I have had this van for some years now. I have always had problems
with it eating through tires, yes I have had and alignment, It is hard
to shift to reverse while on a hill, the transmission is very sluggish
while driving up a hill and shudders and shakes. Recently it is rough
running and wants to die . I have to drive using the gas and brake at
the same time to keep it running. At times it will still die.

Any ideas?

Old November 14th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
FeMaster

"Angels" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have had this van for some years now. I have always had problems
> with it eating through tires, yes I have had and alignment, It is hard
> to shift to reverse while on a hill, the transmission is very sluggish
> while driving up a hill and shudders and shakes. Recently it is rough
> running and wants to die . I have to drive using the gas and brake at
> the same time to keep it running. At times it will still die.
>
> Any ideas?

Check the store fault codes in the computer (method can be found in other
posts.) It sounds like a possible problem from something simple like a
vacuum leak, or perhaps an issue with the Idle Air Control Motor. You'd
need to see what the computer tells you to diagnose any further. Without
that info, it's only guesses.

Old November 14th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Angels" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have had this van for some years now. I have always had problems
> with it eating through tires, yes I have had and alignment, It is hard
> to shift to reverse while on a hill, the transmission is very sluggish
> while driving up a hill and shudders and shakes. Recently it is rough
> running and wants to die . I have to drive using the gas and brake at
> the same time to keep it running. At times it will still die.
>
> Any ideas?

What engine?