(OT) BP oil crap

Old July 23rd 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default (OT) BP oil crap

Why aren't those pressure gauges at 5,000 feet below Sea level not
cracked/broken/busted?
BP doing some more Photoshopping?
cuhulin

Old July 23rd 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> Why aren't those pressure gauges at 5,000 feet below Sea level not
> cracked/broken/busted?
> BP doing some more Photoshopping?
> cuhulin

Pressure there is only about 2300 psi. No big deal, as long as you
prepare for it.

By the way, USA Today published an article that the oil slick dispersants
have now been tested by the Gummint (a few decades AFTER they were
tested by competent authorities like Warren Springs) and has found they
pose no toxicity problems.

So all the panty wearing !!!Toxic CHEMICALS!!! alarmists can STFU.

Old July 24th 10, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

"hls" > wrote in
:

> > wrote in message
>> Why aren't those pressure gauges at 5,000 feet below Sea level not
>> cracked/broken/busted?
>> BP doing some more Photoshopping?
>> cuhulin

> Pressure there is only about 2300 psi. No big deal, as long as you
> prepare for it.
>
> By the way, USA Today published an article that the oil slick dispersants
> have now been tested by the Gummint (a few decades AFTER they were
> tested by competent authorities like Warren Springs) and has found they
> pose no toxicity problems.
>
> So all the panty wearing !!!Toxic CHEMICALS!!! alarmists can STFU.

Everybody knows chemicals are bad. All chemicals are man-made and are
highly toxic and deadly.

Nature does not make chemicals; nature is natural and pure and safe and
chemical-free.

Everybody knows all this. What's wrong with you?

--
Tegger
Old July 24th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Tegger" > wrote in message '
> Everybody knows all this. What's wrong with you?
>
> --
> Tegger

Thanks, Tegger... I needed that slap :-)
Old July 24th 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Actually, it was someone in Louisiana who asked BP, Why isn't the glass
on the pressure gauges cracked.I got to wondering about that too.I think
they use pressure sensing devices which sends a signal up to the
surface.
cuhulin

Old July 24th 10, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don Stauffer

Tegger wrote:

> Everybody knows chemicals are bad. All chemicals are man-made and are
> highly toxic and deadly.
>
> Nature does not make chemicals; nature is natural and pure and safe and
> chemical-free.
>
> Everybody knows all this. What's wrong with you?

Yeah, that hydrogen hydroxide will get you every time. We have lots of
folks die from it every year here in Minnesota, land of ten thousand lakes.
Old July 24th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

hls > wrote:
>"Tegger" > wrote in message '
>> Everybody knows all this. What's wrong with you?
>>

>Thanks, Tegger... I needed that slap :-)

Sheesh, if chemicals are so bad for you, why is everybody smoking so much
crack?
--scott

Old July 25th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> hls > wrote:
>>"Tegger" > wrote in message '
>>> Everybody knows all this. What's wrong with you?
>>>

>>Thanks, Tegger... I needed that slap :-)

> Sheesh, if chemicals are so bad for you, why is everybody smoking so much
> crack?
> --scott

When I was a teenager, "crack" was a different thing, although just as
enjoyable.

Old July 25th 10, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

There used to be a Shack's welding shop not far from me.Part of their
radio commercial was, We can weld anything but the crack of Dawn.

And Dawn was a good old gal.
cuhulin

Old July 25th 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> There used to be a Shack's welding shop not far from me.Part of their
> radio commercial was, We can weld anything but the crack of Dawn.
>
> And Dawn was a good old gal.
> cuhulin

Yeah, many of us woke up at the crack of Dawn, bless her heart.

Quality differences between motor oil. brands & bulk oil from oil-change places Runk[_2_] Technology 3 January 3rd 10 07:22 PM
Quality differences between motor oil. brands & bulk oil from oil-change places hls Technology 1 December 30th 09 08:08 PM
Quality differences between motor oil. brands & bulk oil from oil-change places Ashton Crusher[_2_] Technology 3 December 30th 09 08:04 PM
Crap!-oil leak Cletus VW air cooled 2 November 4th 09 03:35 AM
Water-Oil Mix (grey sludge) on Inside of Oil Filler Cap frank1492 Technology 7 October 29th 05 09:44 PM