Toronto Honda Dealers - Recommendation?

Old February 20th 05, 02:25 AM
Mills

Default Toronto Honda Dealers - Recommendation?

Hi - I'm looking at leasing a 4-door 2005 Honda Civic LXG automatic.
I've checked out Centre Honda, Dalt's, and Toronto Honda so far, and
plan to also look at Sisley. Any advice on which one to go with?

How can I find out the dealer invoice for this car? Is there a website
that gives out Canadian dealer invoice info for free? How much is a
fair dealer mark-up that I could negotiate them down to?

I'm totally new to the car scene (which you can probably tell!!), so
any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Miller.

Old February 20th 05, 12:27 PM
SandroF1

Step 1) Go to Image Honda of Hamilton. www.imagehonda.com (just down the Qew)

Step 2) Ask for a guy named Albert Daniel.

Step 3) Tell him you are a good friend of Sandro.

Follow these steps for the best deal of all.

Sandro.

Old February 20th 05, 12:49 PM
Pars

"Mills" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi - I'm looking at leasing a 4-door 2005 Honda Civic LXG automatic.
> I've checked out Centre Honda, Dalt's, and Toronto Honda so far, and
> plan to also look at Sisley. Any advice on which one to go with?

If you're comparing prices, try Roadsport and ask for Chilly. He might not
give you the best price, but he's a pleasant guy to deal with.

After you purchase your car, you're not committed to any specific dealership
for service. Use the oil changes to 'test the water' for the dealership
that's most convenient.

Pars

Old February 21st 05, 01:19 AM
Nightdude

I bought my Honda at Castle Honda. Although I got a good deal, the service
department is so so. When they did the free oil change, they spilled oil all
over the top of the engine and manifold. When the little survey things came
in, I complained about it. My wife got a call from Castle Honda and the guy
told my wife that the oil change is free and what do you expect from a free
oil change. Go figure. I guess he doesn't want our future business.

Old February 21st 05, 02:30 AM
motsco_ _

---------------------

. . . . the guy told my wife that the oil change is free and what do
you expect from a free oil change ? ? ?

What a dipstick ! :-)

'Curly'

Old February 21st 05, 02:37 AM
Orick

Mills wrote:
> Hi - I'm looking at leasing a 4-door 2005 Honda Civic LXG automatic.
> I've checked out Centre Honda, Dalt's, and Toronto Honda so far, and
> plan to also look at Sisley. Any advice on which one to go with?
>
> How can I find out the dealer invoice for this car? Is there a

website
> that gives out Canadian dealer invoice info for free? How much is a
> fair dealer mark-up that I could negotiate them down to?
>
> I'm totally new to the car scene (which you can probably tell!!), so
> any advice would be appreciated.

Check out www.apa.ca

I recently bought a car through their program and can not say enough
nice things about it. The best part is, of course, the lowest price
possible. I even sent their price to a number of dealers to see if
anyone can beat and a few said they would match it, but in the end,
none could.

Also the paperwork is very fast and painless. I called up the dealer
made an appointment, brought the paperwork. Took 15 mins to do the
paperwork and I was done. Picked the car up 2 days later. No hassle.

Tell everyone how it goes after you buy the car. I am sure other people
like to hear what dealers you end up with and how the experience goes.

Old February 21st 05, 12:39 PM
Pars

"motsco_ _" <"motsco_ > wrote in message
> Nightdude wrote:
> > I bought my Honda at Castle Honda. Although I got a good deal, the

service
> > department is so so. When they did the free oil change, they spilled oil

all
> > over the top of the engine and manifold. When the little survey things

came
> > in, I complained about it. My wife got a call from Castle Honda and the

guy
> > told my wife that the oil change is free and what do you expect from a

free
> > oil change. Go figure. I guess he doesn't want our future business.

> ---------------------
>
> . . . . the guy told my wife that the oil change is free and what do
> you expect from a free oil change ? ? ?
>
> What a dipstick ! :-)

I've had an issue with the freebie oil change but got the problem corrected
after
writing to Honda's head office. Be careful of the free oil change incentive,
it could
get you hooked to an unsavory dealership.

Pars

Old February 21st 05, 11:06 PM
Rajendra Singh

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:19:44 -0500, "Nightdude" >
wrote:

>I bought my Honda at Castle Honda. Although I got a good deal, the service
>department is so so. When they did the free oil change, they spilled oil all
>over the top of the engine and manifold. When the little survey things came
>in, I complained about it. My wife got a call from Castle Honda and the guy
>told my wife that the oil change is free and what do you expect from a free
>oil change. Go figure. I guess he doesn't want our future business.

It's dealers like Castle that have made me come to the conclusion that
ALL dealers are the same. There's not much difference between their
attitudes.

If I could buy my next car directly from the manufacturer (through the
web), I'd do it in a heartbeat!
--
Mr. Rajendra Singh
Old February 22nd 05, 01:56 AM
Just Me

"Rajendra Singh" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:19:44 -0500, "Nightdude" >
> wrote:
>
>>I bought my Honda at Castle Honda. Although I got a good deal, the service
>>department is so so. When they did the free oil change, they spilled oil
>>all
>>over the top of the engine and manifold. When the little survey things
>>came
>>in, I complained about it. My wife got a call from Castle Honda and the
>>guy
>>told my wife that the oil change is free and what do you expect from a
>>free
>>oil change. Go figure. I guess he doesn't want our future business.

> It's dealers like Castle that have made me come to the conclusion that
> ALL dealers are the same. There's not much difference between their
> attitudes.
>
> If I could buy my next car directly from the manufacturer (through the
> web), I'd do it in a heartbeat!
> --
> Mr. Rajendra Singh

So would I.... without tires, battery, muffler etc....anything that I can
get lifetime warranties on elsewhere....

Old February 22nd 05, 02:20 AM
LBJGH

I had two similar experiences with www.carcostcanada.com ... I bought an
'04 accord lx-g se for $500 over invoice and my brother got a '04 echo for
about the same mark-up. No hastle either... walk in ask for sales person
noted on carcostcanada e-mail and sign the paper work.