finding out how rare my vette is...

Old November 5th 04, 04:16 PM
jameson

Default finding out how rare my vette is...

Hi all...
Doing some research on the net, I discovered that my corvette (1992,
LT1, six speed coupe) was some-what rare.
Not like a buffalo nickle rare or anything, but I saw that there was
less that 5,500 6-speed coupes made in 1992...
I mean, thats pretty rare isnt it? My wife says that many words a day
to me I am sure, so looking at it from that perspective, it is alot I
guess...

anyway, when I browse "for sale" ads, ill see someone with a rare
vette and they will list what number thier car was in productions
(such as "number 45 of 900 produced)....

how do they find this number? where would I look to find my
"production number"?

thanks in advance!
Jazz Mann
Old November 5th 04, 08:12 PM
Bob I

http://www.idavette.net/facts/92.htm

Since some of the 5487 "6 speeds" were put in the convertibles( only
5,875 of them produced) that makes your "coupe" even more unique.

Old November 5th 04, 08:12 PM
Bob I

Old November 5th 04, 08:33 PM
Bob G.

Grab a copy of the "Corvette Black Book"... and it will tell you
everything you want to know...lol .. not quite but it contains a heck
of a lot of information... You can have a local bookstore order one
for you or pull up the National Corvette Mueseums web site and order
one (about 15 bucks)

Your vin number will give you your production number regular Corvettes
start with 1G1YY23P6N51 ...then 00001 for the 1st 92 built and ending
with 19277 for the last 92 built...

Your Production nuumber will be somewhere between those last 5
numbers...

Gm produced 19,277 1992 Corvettes...
5487 were 6 speed cars...13,790 were therefore automatics...
You can call that RARE if you think that 28 percent of production
.. is rare,,, Your Call

I WOULD call a 1992 YELLOW, 6 Speed car with the Z07 suspension kind
of rare...without a doubt...

Since
They only painted 678 Yellow (.about 3 % )
AND only 738 of 1992's had the Z07 suspension (about 4 percent)

Now if that car had PINK seat covers or ebven white (1400) then I
would call it REAL RARE...

Just enjoy the darn car and drive it like you stole it...

Bob Griffiths
68 SS 396 Chevelle
64 & 72 Corvette Convertibles
76, 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes

BTW in 1995 they made 20294 regular Corvettes mine is about number
3450 from memory...
Its a 6 speed car (1 of 4784) and is black (1 or 3959) and has dual
removable top panels (1 of 2979)...

IT IS NOT by any standards rare,....it is however MINE...and I enjoy
driving the hell out of it...

..

Thus you would have a car that was "Only" one of 5487 cars that was
produced with a 6 speed...and of those cars "about" 1500 "Could have
been painted yellow BUT most likely 400 were... coupled with the Z07
suspension you COULD have a car that was ONLY one of 10 or so made...

Old November 5th 04, 08:33 PM
Bob G.

Old November 9th 04, 09:08 PM
Larry Bud

Bob I > wrote in message >...
> http://www.idavette.net/facts/92.htm
>
> Since some of the 5487 "6 speeds" were put in the convertibles( only
> 5,875 of them produced) that makes your "coupe" even more unique.

Love to see some sort of cross tab, where you could say "Coupe, '86, 4
speed man, Z51 package... how many were made?"
Old November 9th 04, 09:08 PM
Larry Bud

Old November 10th 04, 12:22 AM
Grayfox

Rare..unpopular is more like it...if it was desirable then more would have
been sold..just like those owners that think because they own the only Vette
ever painted purple that it is rare..not so.!!It's just and ugly color that
no one else wanted..same with your 6 speed Vette.