How to buy Richard Burns Rally?

Old May 19th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Poky[_2_]

Default How to buy Richard Burns Rally?

I'm in Canada and never see this game in the store. Why is that? Am I
forced to pirate it to get a copy?
Old May 20th 08, 10:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Roger Longcock

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 May 2008 21:23:36 GMT, Poky wrote:
>> I'm in Canada and never see this game in the store. Why is that? Am I
>> forced to pirate it to get a copy?

> I saw several copies at a budget price (3€, I believe) over at my
> local supermarket (granted, it's in Germany ;-). Have you checked ebay?
>
> All the best, uwe

Loads on ebay,
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...+Bu rns+Rally

Old May 20th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gumby

"Roger Longcock" > wrote in
:

> Loads on ebay,
> http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...id=m37&satitle
> =Richard+Burns+Rally

Yes, but I don't use eBay or have a PayPal account. After reading all the
horror stories about eBay scams and PayPal issues I don't want to buy from
there either. I do have an eBay account that I set up years ago but have
never actually used it.
Old May 20th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gumby

Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=C3=BCrkamp?= > wrote in
:

> I saw several copies at a budget price (3€, I believe) over at my
> local supermarket (granted, it's in Germany ;-). Have you checked ebay?
>
> All the best, uwe

I guess they figured Rally Racing is only watched in Europe or what?
Old May 21st 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Roger Longcock

"Gumby" > wrote in message
> "Roger Longcock" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Loads on ebay,
>> http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...id=m37&satitle
>> =Richard+Burns+Rally
>>

> Yes, but I don't use eBay or have a PayPal account. After reading all the
> horror stories about eBay scams and PayPal issues I don't want to buy from
> there either. I do have an eBay account that I set up years ago but have
> never actually used it.

I've bough loads of stuff and never had a problem. Never and a problem with
PayPal either. Personally, I think you're panicking over nothing very much
in the way of real risk.

Old May 21st 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gumby

"Roger Longcock" > wrote in
:

> I've bough loads of stuff and never had a problem. Never and a problem
> with PayPal either. Personally, I think you're panicking over nothing
> very much in the way of real risk.

Explain all the scam stories about eBay then? Did someone make them up? I
don't think so.
Old May 21st 08, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Roger Longcock

"Gumby" > wrote in message
> "Roger Longcock" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I've bough loads of stuff and never had a problem. Never and a problem
>> with PayPal either. Personally, I think you're panicking over nothing
>> very much in the way of real risk.
>>

> Explain all the scam stories about eBay then? Did someone make them up? I
> don't think so.

Oh yeah, all those scams about RBR, I forgot about them!

The golden rule: if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

Old May 21st 08, 12:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Loblaw

"Gumby" > wrote in message
> Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=C3=BCrkamp?= > wrote in
> :
>
>> I saw several copies at a budget price (3â,¬, I believe) over at my
>> local supermarket (granted, it's in Germany ;-). Have you checked ebay?
>>
>> All the best, uwe

> I guess they figured Rally Racing is only watched in Europe or what?

I have seen RBR in a few WalMarts in Canada.

Old May 21st 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Roger Longcock

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 05:40:16 GMT, Gumby wrote:
>>
>> Explain all the scam stories about eBay then? Did someone make them up? I
>> don't think so.

> Hm, the risk you're taking ($5-10?) could be offloaded to a mate who
> could purchase the item for you and who uses ebay regularly. Should he
> / she get ripped off, you're out of $10; if it works, you'll be able
> to enjoy the world's best rallye sim. Sounds like a deal to me.
>
> Cheers, uwe

No, no, he's made his mind up. Wouldn't want him to fall victim to the world
famous RBR scammers, now would we? <ROLLS EYES INTO BACK OF HEAD>

Old May 21st 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

Gumby.

They sold that title everywhere, when it was NEW. the game is like 3 years
old now?