What is this part "officially called"?

Old December 30th 04, 06:06 AM
Nobody

Default What is this part "officially called"?

Hi,

I have a BMW 325i 2002 4dr sedan. Right in front of the front wheels, there
are pieces of black plastic, somewhat soft plastic, that sort of form "in
front of the wheel mud flaps". This piece of plastic extends up the wheel
wells and covers them. From examination, there are at least two pieces. The
piece I am interested in is the mud flap portion, and it covers the wheel
well from about 3'oclock up to about 1:30'oclock. What is the official name
of this piece? I've searched the net, and the closest I've seen is this:

http://shop.car-body-parts.com/bmw-3...s-b222109.html

But that seems to be the 2nd part, which goes up from 1:30'oclock onwards.
It doesn't seem to have the piece that extends down to form the little mud
flap/splash guard thing. That part I am looking for seems like it would be
the companion piece to this. To finish covering the wheel well and form the
mud flap.

Thanks.

Old December 30th 04, 10:39 AM
Kyle and Lori Greene

"Nobody" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a BMW 325i 2002 4dr sedan. Right in front of the front wheels,
> there are pieces of black plastic, somewhat soft plastic, that sort of
> form "in front of the wheel mud flaps". This piece of plastic extends up
> the wheel wells and covers them. From examination, there are at least two
> pieces. The piece I am interested in is the mud flap portion, and it
> covers the wheel well from about 3'oclock up to about 1:30'oclock. What is
> the official name of this piece? I've searched the net, and the closest
> I've seen is this:
>
> http://shop.car-body-parts.com/bmw-3...s-b222109.html
>
> But that seems to be the 2nd part, which goes up from 1:30'oclock onwards.
> It doesn't seem to have the piece that extends down to form the little mud
> flap/splash guard thing. That part I am looking for seems like it would be
> the companion piece to this. To finish covering the wheel well and form
> the mud flap.
>
> Thanks.

There are two parts here, one if you have the aero kit, one without. I
suspect the without is more common.

Without aero kit part number
left side 51 71 8 193 811
right side 51 71 8 193 812

With aero kit
left side 51 71 8 264 467
right side 51 71 8 264 468

Kyle.

Old December 30th 04, 11:06 AM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article <mVMAd.24777$Cl3.5558@fed1read03>,
Nobody > wrote:
> I have a BMW 325i 2002 4dr sedan. Right in front of the front wheels,
> there are pieces of black plastic, somewhat soft plastic, that sort of
> form "in front of the wheel mud flaps". This piece of plastic extends
> up the wheel wells and covers them. From examination, there are at
> least two pieces. The piece I am interested in is the mud flap portion,
> and it covers the wheel well from about 3'oclock up to about
> 1:30'oclock. What is the official name of this piece? I've searched the
> net, and the closest I've seen is this:

In the UK, it's called an inner wing liner. The US equivalent would be
fender. BMW will call them something else because they are BMW.

--
*I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old December 30th 04, 05:02 PM
Jeff Strickland

Those parts are typically the kinds of parts that come from the dealer only.
If you go to the dealership, the Parts Guy will bring up the picture, and
you can point out the parts you want.

Old December 30th 04, 05:37 PM
Nobody

"Nobody" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a BMW 325i 2002 4dr sedan. Right in front of the front wheels,
> there are pieces of black plastic, somewhat soft plastic, that sort of
> form "in front of the wheel mud flaps". This piece of plastic extends up
> the wheel wells and covers them. From examination, there are at least two
> pieces. The piece I am interested in is the mud flap portion, and it
> covers the wheel well from about 3'oclock up to about 1:30'oclock. What is
> the official name of this piece? I've searched the net, and the closest
> I've seen is this:
>
> http://shop.car-body-parts.com/bmw-3...s-b222109.html
>
> But that seems to be the 2nd part, which goes up from 1:30'oclock onwards.
> It doesn't seem to have the piece that extends down to form the little mud
> flap/splash guard thing. That part I am looking for seems like it would be
> the companion piece to this. To finish covering the wheel well and form
> the mud flap.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks all. Off to the dealer

Old December 30th 04, 06:35 PM
Jeff Strickland

"Nobody" > wrote in message

> "Nobody" > wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a BMW 325i 2002 4dr sedan. Right in front of the front wheels,
> > there are pieces of black plastic, somewhat soft plastic, that sort of
> > form "in front of the wheel mud flaps". This piece of plastic extends up
> > the wheel wells and covers them. From examination, there are at least

two
> > pieces. The piece I am interested in is the mud flap portion, and it
> > covers the wheel well from about 3'oclock up to about 1:30'oclock. What

is
> > the official name of this piece? I've searched the net, and the closest
> > I've seen is this:
> >
> > http://shop.car-body-parts.com/bmw-3...s-b222109.html
> >
> > But that seems to be the 2nd part, which goes up from 1:30'oclock

onwards.
> > It doesn't seem to have the piece that extends down to form the little

mud
> > flap/splash guard thing. That part I am looking for seems like it would

be
> > the companion piece to this. To finish covering the wheel well and form
> > the mud flap.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Thanks all. Off to the dealer

These parts are generally called fender liners, or live next to what is
called a fender liner. If you ask for a fender liner, the Parts Guy will be
able to bring up the right page, and you can pick your parts from there. I
have replaced a couple of these parts on my 3 Series because the damn
parking curbs like to jump up and take a bite. Anyway, I have found that
most of the stuff under there that looks like a fender liner costs in the
range of $25 (USD).

HINT,
It is much easier to work in the area if you take the tires off. I have
tried a variety of schemes to work in the area, nothing works as well as
getting the jack out and taking the tire(s) off.

Old December 30th 04, 11:16 PM
Deep

Try this website - it's help me name ALOT of parts as well as get part
numbers... too bad they aren't selling stuff off of it yet...

Deep

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

"Nobody" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a BMW 325i 2002 4dr sedan. Right in front of the front wheels,

there
> are pieces of black plastic, somewhat soft plastic, that sort of form "in
> front of the wheel mud flaps". This piece of plastic extends up the wheel
> wells and covers them. From examination, there are at least two pieces.

The
> piece I am interested in is the mud flap portion, and it covers the wheel
> well from about 3'oclock up to about 1:30'oclock. What is the official

name
> of this piece? I've searched the net, and the closest I've seen is this:
>
> http://shop.car-body-parts.com/bmw-3...s-b222109.html
>
> But that seems to be the 2nd part, which goes up from 1:30'oclock onwards.
> It doesn't seem to have the piece that extends down to form the little mud
> flap/splash guard thing. That part I am looking for seems like it would be
> the companion piece to this. To finish covering the wheel well and form

the
> mud flap.
>
> Thanks.

DAB Experiment Part 1 Graeme Cosgrove Alfa Romeo 1 December 23rd 04 02:27 PM
Newbie Part No. Search Cass Audi 0 December 4th 04 09:49 AM
2005 TCU with integrated bluetooth: what is the part # Bill Stahl BMW 0 November 23rd 04 04:07 AM
Help on instrument part number, AutoCheck emvsat Audi 0 August 13th 04 08:38 AM
UK part source required for GTV6 Zak McGregor Alfa Romeo 2 May 20th 04 09:12 AM