My first barn 'find'

Old July 5th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JRnNC

Default My first barn 'find'

A friend in construction invited me to look in an old farm barn before
they leveled it for new construction. Much to my surprise I found a
NOS right rear quarter panel, partially still in the paper wrapping
with FORD logo. Unfortunately, it is not pristine. There are several
rusty eroded spots and some surface rust. I'm sure a good body man
could fix there areas easily.
I need help identifing which Ford car it fits, thought I'd start here,
hoping it is for a Mustang.
The label on the inside is barely readable, it was shipped from
somewhere in NJ on 3-14-75 to Wygul-Sanders Ford in Raleigh, NC. I can
only make out part of the part number, D4Z(?) then there's a space,
6027840A. It does not appear to be for a fastback and the marker light
mounting hole is about 3/4" x 6-7".
I tried a google on what I have but nothing showed up. I have some
pics of the panel that I could post somewhere(?), showing overall
condition and the rust spots.
Any of you fellows got any info on the part number above, or where I
could find more info? I will probably sell it to get some green for
new toys for my 69 FB.
Thanks, john

Old July 6th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
trainfan1

JRnNC wrote:
> A friend in construction invited me to look in an old farm barn before
> they leveled it for new construction. Much to my surprise I found a
> NOS right rear quarter panel, partially still in the paper wrapping
> with FORD logo. Unfortunately, it is not pristine. There are several
> rusty eroded spots and some surface rust. I'm sure a good body man
> could fix there areas easily.
> I need help identifing which Ford car it fits, thought I'd start here,
> hoping it is for a Mustang.
> The label on the inside is barely readable, it was shipped from
> somewhere in NJ on 3-14-75 to Wygul-Sanders Ford in Raleigh, NC. I can
> only make out part of the part number, D4Z(?) then there's a space,
> 6027840A. It does not appear to be for a fastback and the marker light
> mounting hole is about 3/4" x 6-7".
> I tried a google on what I have but nothing showed up. I have some
> pics of the panel that I could post somewhere(?), showing overall
> condition and the rust spots.
> Any of you fellows got any info on the part number above, or where I
> could find more info? I will probably sell it to get some green for
> new toys for my 69 FB.
> Thanks, john

Mustang II. (Boredom 0)

Rob

Fw: Barn finds Wilba[_2_] Auto Photos 4 June 30th 07 09:31 PM
Barn find... No Name Saturn 2 June 30th 07 12:10 AM
Barn find(s) Frank ess Auto Photos 4 February 20th 07 08:33 PM
Help me get it running. 15 year old barn find [email protected] VW air cooled 11 August 15th 06 11:14 PM
Great place to find those hard to find parts E 4x4 0 April 18th 05 02:22 PM