changing engine belts on E36 1998

Old May 30th 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
E28 Guyİ

Default changing engine belts on E36 1998

On May 28, 2:12 pm, "news" > wrote:
> how hard is it to change the two belts ?
>
> mine show some cracking.

Has it occurred to *no one* to ask what car this is on?

Gawd, I go away for a week and you all turn stupid ...

Plowman, Strickland, you both know better. I'm ashamed of you.
--
C.R. Krieger
Cheif Smartassİ

Old May 30th 07, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com>,
E28 Guyİ > wrote:
> Has it occurred to *no one* to ask what car this is on?

> Gawd, I go away for a week and you all turn stupid ...

> Plowman, Strickland, you both know better. I'm ashamed of you.

E36 1998 narrows the choice somewhat.

--
*Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old May 30th 07, 08:25 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
E28 Guyİ

On May 30, 2:06 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" >
wrote:
> In article . com>,
> E28 Guyİ > wrote:
>
> > Has it occurred to *no one* to ask what car this is on?
> > Gawd, I go away for a week and you all turn stupid ...
> > Plowman, Strickland, you both know better. I'm ashamed of you.

> E36 1998 narrows the choice somewhat.

Somewhat, but not enough. C'mon, crack down on this sloppiness. You
know you want to. ;^)
--
C.R. Krieger
MyE28 Post Whore #3 and Chief Smartassİ

Old May 30th 07, 08:55 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Bill[_4_]

ups.com...
wrote:
> In article . com>,
> E28 Guyİ > wrote:
>
> > Has it occurred to *no one* to ask what car this is on?
> > Gawd, I go away for a week and you all turn stupid ...
> > Plowman, Strickland, you both know better. I'm ashamed of you.

> E36 1998 narrows the choice somewhat.

Somewhat, but not enough. C'mon, crack down on this sloppiness. You
know you want to. ;^)
--
C.R. Krieger
MyE28 Post Whore #3 and Chief Smartassİ
-----

RANT!

Bill in Omaha
'86 535i

Old May 30th 07, 09:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Fred W

E28 Guyİ wrote:
> On May 28, 2:12 pm, "news" > wrote:
>
>>how hard is it to change the two belts ?
>>
>>mine show some cracking.

> Has it occurred to *no one* to ask what car this is on?
>
> Gawd, I go away for a week and you all turn stupid ...
>
> Plowman, Strickland, you both know better. I'm ashamed of you.
> --
> C.R. Krieger
> Cheif Smartassİ

Krieger. Learn to read the subject line. Gawd!!

--
-Fred W
Old May 30th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Fred W > wrote:
> E28 Guyİ wrote:
> > On May 28, 2:12 pm, "news" > wrote:
> >
> >>how hard is it to change the two belts ?
> >>
> >>mine show some cracking.

> > Has it occurred to *no one* to ask what car this is on?
> >
> > Gawd, I go away for a week and you all turn stupid ...
> >
> > Plowman, Strickland, you both know better. I'm ashamed of you.
> > --
> > C.R. Krieger
> > Cheif Smartassİ
> >

> Krieger. Learn to read the subject line. Gawd!!

Could be a threading issue which I never use. Too many do a 'reply to' and
then change the subject which screws things up. But then I'm an old fart.

--
*Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route *

Old May 31st 07, 01:04 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"E28 Guyİ" > wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 28, 2:12 pm, "news" > wrote:
> how hard is it to change the two belts ?
>
> mine show some cracking.

Has it occurred to *no one* to ask what car this is on?

Gawd, I go away for a week and you all turn stupid ...

Plowman, Strickland, you both know better. I'm ashamed of you.
--

The only thing I don't know, and it really doesn't matter, is which motor
we're talking about. Having said that, I assumed the M52 because I see no

Beyond that, the rest of the car is known to be a 3 Series built for the
1998 model year. Whether it's a coupe, sedan, or convertible doesn't matter.

I install belts so that the back of the belt rides on smooth pullies and the
inside of the belt rides on ribbed pullies. That works far more often than
it doesn't work.

Old May 31st 07, 09:13 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
news[_1_]

it is a 6 cyl 328 btw