3-Series facelift

Old May 27th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
sjmassey

Default 3-Series facelift

They just changed the fornt end, no other modifications.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/sp..._facelift.html

BMW News: http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/BMW.html

Old May 28th 07, 11:39 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tommy[_7_]

sjmassey wrote:
> They just changed the fornt end, no other modifications.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/sp..._facelift.html

> BMW News: http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/BMW.html

It keeps geting worse and worse

Is it true that previous 3 series models are holding their value better than
expected as the new one is SO ugly?
At least the Touring looks fair and the new X5 is fine

Old May 28th 07, 11:53 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Mon, 28 May 2007 10:39:05 GMT, "Tommy" > wrote:

>sjmassey wrote:
>> They just changed the fornt end, no other modifications.
>>

>http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/sp..._facelift.html

>> BMW News: http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/BMW.html

>It keeps geting worse and worse
>
>Is it true that previous 3 series models are holding their value better than
>expected as the new one is SO ugly?
>At least the Touring looks fair and the new X5 is fine

I think you are right there. I have been looking for a coupe for the wife 320Ci
and the prices seem to be climbing daily especially those about 5 - 7 years old.
Old May 28th 07, 10:27 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
sjmassey

Agreed, after a 97 328i Coupe, and a 2000 540i sports, I just did not
fancy getting the 3 series. In the end I went for the new IS250 (no
IS350 in the uk unfortunatly), which imho looked better than the new
shape 3 series. Also the Lexus salemen were more friendly, and gave me
a better trade-in for the 540i than BMW themselves. Which was annoying
because I bought the 540i from a BMW main dealer in the first place.
BMW main dealers, in the UK at least, seem to be relaxed, as they
depend on the BMW badge selling the cars, rather than providing a good
quality of service.

Old May 29th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tommy[_8_]

Good Point!

Why are the salesmen (thats all they are) are so flippin stuck up and
arrogant in the UK ?

Retired before 50 but always either intimidated or angry at the arrogance /
lack of respect from all of them (depends on how I feel ? - my £2.50 Tesco
jeans or the £100 hair cut) !

B&O TV,fresh coffee,Hugo Boss suits? *******!

-----

Old May 30th 07, 06:33 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Pashlipops

On May 29, 6:23 pm, "Tommy" > wrote:

> Why are the salesmen (thats all they are) are so flippin stuck up and
> arrogant in the UK ?
>
> Retired before 50 but always either intimidated or angry at the arrogance /
> lack of respect from all of them (depends on how I feel ? - my £2.50 Tesco
> jeans or the £100 hair cut) !
>
> B&O TV,fresh coffee,Hugo Boss suits? *******!

I could not agree more. My dealings have been with Dick Lovett in
Bristol and interestingly I have noticed a HUGE turnover in sales
staff, every time I go, there has been a change around.

Old May 30th 07, 07:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Tommy > wrote:
> Why are the salesmen (thats all they are) are so flippin stuck up and
> arrogant in the UK ?

I've only ever bought one car which involved a salesman - this present
BMW. All my other ones have been bought privately or from auction.
And the salesman I dealt with couldn't have been better - the right mix of
friendliness and respect - and he knew his cars inside out. If only their
service department had been a 10th as good...

--
*One of us is thinking about sex... OK, it's me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.