Uphill with a camper....:))

Old August 13th 04, 11:29 PM
Willem-Jan Markerink

Default Uphill with a camper....:))

http://www.unicat.net/en/pics/GU2450L6x6-2.html

(good thing you could order them with an additional crawl-box too....)

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

The desire to understand
is sometimes far less intelligent than
the inability to understand

[note: 'a-one' & 'en-el'!]
Old August 14th 04, 09:37 AM
EduardMD

"Willem-Jan Markerink" > schreef in bericht
> http://www.unicat.net/en/pics/GU2450L6x6-2.html
>
> (good thing you could order them with an additional crawl-box too....)
>
> --
> Bye,
>
> Willem-Jan Markerink
>
> The desire to understand
> is sometimes far less intelligent than
> the inability to understand
>

> [note: 'a-one' & 'en-el'!]

Zorg dan wel dat je kopjes en schoteltjes goed vast zitten, en de melk in de
koelkast of een dop heeft of datie zo opgehangen is dat het onder alle
omstandigheden rechtop blijft staan.
EduardMD

Old August 14th 04, 11:14 PM
Dano

"Willem-Jan Markerink" > schreef in bericht
> http://www.unicat.net/en/pics/GU2450L6x6-2.html
>
> (good thing you could order them with an additional crawl-box too....)

What an ascending degrees this Unimog shows!! My SJ413 would hit these stair
with its bumper and exhaust ;-)

....take a look at the specs...
- ground clearance: 65cm
- weight: 13.900kg
- 6-cylinder turbodiesel, 170kW/240ps
- hill-climbing capacity: 100%
- Fuel tanks: 4x180L
- Body thickness: 60mm
- further.... as good as a well-filled caravan (bed, shower, kitchen, Miele,
etc...)

--
Dano

Old August 14th 04, 11:18 PM
Willem-Jan Markerink

"Dano" > wrote in news:cfm2sj$v01$1
@news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl:

> "Willem-Jan Markerink" > schreef in bericht
>> http://www.unicat.net/en/pics/GU2450L6x6-2.html
>>
>> (good thing you could order them with an additional crawl-box too....)
>>

> What an ascending degrees this Unimog shows!! My SJ413 would hit these

stair
> with its bumper and exhaust ;-)
>
> ...take a look at the specs...
> - ground clearance: 65cm
> - weight: 13.900kg
> - 6-cylinder turbodiesel, 170kW/240ps
> - hill-climbing capacity: 100%

If you read the blue sign on the right of that hill carefully, you can read
'100%'....)

> - Fuel tanks: 4x180L
> - Body thickness: 60mm
> - further.... as good as a well-filled caravan (bed, shower, kitchen,

Miele,
> etc...)

Another one they once made had a 525hp rear engine, and
armoured/bulletproof body.

Old August 18th 04, 08:49 PM
Dan J.S.

"Willem-Jan Markerink" > wrote in message
> http://www.unicat.net/en/pics/GU2450L6x6-2.html
>
> (good thing you could order them with an additional crawl-box too....)
>
> --
> Bye,
>
> Willem-Jan Markerink
>
> The desire to understand
> is sometimes far less intelligent than
> the inability to understand
>

> [note: 'a-one' & 'en-el'!]

I am curious, how much would something like this run me? In the U.S. -- this
truck looks like a monster! And here I was thinking about an H1... this
looks a lot better!!

Old August 18th 04, 09:07 PM
Willem-Jan Markerink

"Dan J.S." > wrote in news:10i7clk4qfvup42
@news.supernews.com:

> "Willem-Jan Markerink" > wrote in message
>> http://www.unicat.net/en/pics/GU2450L6x6-2.html
>>
>> (good thing you could order them with an additional crawl-box too....)
>>
>> --
>> Bye,
>>
>> Willem-Jan Markerink
>>
>> The desire to understand
>> is sometimes far less intelligent than
>> the inability to understand
>>

>> [note: 'a-one' & 'en-el'!]

> I am curious, how much would something like this run me? In the U.S. --

this
> truck looks like a monster! And here I was thinking about an H1... this
> looks a lot better!!

That particular Unimog is for sale....but better sit down: 298.000 Euro,
about US$350k.
If you want to build the interior yourself, they have a
commercial/promotional unit for sale too, with two side-expanding
compartiments, for only 198.000 euro....)

Note that this Unimog 6x6 is quite rare, unless you have the time to wait,
and see them pop up as military surplus in 10-20 years.

They once did another 6x6, with full body armour, and a 525hp rear engine
(there is only so much you can stuff in the original front location....),
for an IT-guy from the US, who wanted to repeat the tours from his youth,
through Africa in a VW Vanagon back then....)

If you want to see all 3, plus another very nice model with telescopic
roof, as topsleeper (2 levels, kingsize bed, large moonroof, sortof sky-
loft....), see my homepage:

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/main_4x4.htm

(do a textsearch in your browser on either 2450 or Unicat, and keep
searching until the end of the page, more than one section of links)