Interstate 238 update

Old September 30th 09, 02:26 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Patrick Scheible

Default Interstate 238 update

larry_scholnick > writes:

> On Sep 28, 8:20=A0pm, Guy Olsen > wrote:
> > On Sep 26, 2:39=A0pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Viatologists,

> > > The northbound carriageway on USA Interstate 238 now has three lanes
> > > from junction Interstate 580 to the exit ramp to southbound Interstate
> > > 880. =A0Previously, there were only two through lanes.

> > Good news.
> >
> > Better news would be that I-238 was re-signed as CA-238.
> >
> > Guy Olsen, PE(NJ), PTOE

> As long as there are (stupid) maps which show only the Interstate
> highways in a metropolitan area, Caltrans will insist on keeping the
> I-238 designation.
>
> How would my fellow California roadgeeks like to participate in an
> effort to identify which segments of non-Interstate Freeways in
> California are of Interstate quality?
>
> If so, let's do it as a separate thread on CA.Driving (to avoid boring
> our national counterparts).

I'd be interested too (reading this at ba.transportation).

-- Patrick
Old September 30th 09, 04:55 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
The Chief Instigator[_1_]

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 01:32:41 -0400, necromancer rg> wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2009 05:05:06 GMT, The Chief Instigator >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:19:45 -0400, necromancer rg> wrote:
>>> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:20:44 -0700 (PDT), Guy Olsen
> wrote:
>>>
>>><< snip calrog >>

>>> Wouldn't it be interesting if IH38 were to be built somwhere on the
>>> East Coast and nowhere near CA?

>>It wouldn't be too much trouble to upgrade US 74 from I-85 in
>>Charlotte to just short of Wilmington, then hop across the Cape Fear
>>to replace I-140 to end at US 17 near Scotts Hill...as I-38, with the
>>only out-of-place part being east (and north) of I-40.

> That sounds good. Just curious, could CA be forced to give up IH238 if
> IH38 were to become a reality in the East - either as your suggestion,
> or as a slightly more fitting re-designation of the proposed IH3 or
> some other form that takes it nowhere near CA?

Since California's stuck to its standards without consulting
Washington, I wouldn't be surprised if they reverted I-238 back to
California 238.

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
Old October 1st 09, 03:13 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
H.B. Elkins

On 29 Sep 2009 18:26:24 -0700, Patrick Scheible wrote:

>> If so, let's do it as a separate thread on CA.Driving (to avoid boring
>> our national counterparts).

>I'd be interested too (reading this at ba.transportation).

Jesus H. Calipari, how many newsgroups does he spam his crap to?

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"
Old October 1st 09, 05:12 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Otto Yamamoto[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:13:11 -0700, H.B. Elkins wrote:

> Jesus H. Calipari, how many newsgroups does he spam his crap to?

about a million or so

--
Otto Yamamoto
'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Old October 1st 09, 08:46 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
necromancer - ECHM

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:39:20 -0700 (PDT), Carl Rogers
> wrote:

>Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):

<< censor link>>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
>Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
>Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Breaking my general silence on CalSnot's posts>

'Ya know, I have to call false advertising on your claim of, "complete
coverage of international roads...."

If your coverage is, "complete," as you claim, then where are the pics
and/or video of Yungas Road (a.k.a The Bolivian Death Road) in
Bolivia? How about The Kabul-Mazar Highway in Afghanastan, The
Sheikh Fazlollah Nouri Expressway or The Yadegar-e-Emam Expressway in
Iran or Iraq Highway 8 anywhere from Kuwait to Baghdad (maybe you can
help Wikipedia fill in their page on that one)?

Or even the Central Highway in Cuba (hell, Cuba is right next door to
the US). For that matter, I'd even settle for some snaps of the roads
along the Afganistan/Pakistan border...

</Breaking my general silence on CalSnot's posts>

--
"This item demonstrates how stupid the average American is. Every
ninety minutes someone in this country is hit by a train. A train,
Old October 1st 09, 08:38 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
necromancer[_6_]

On 30 Sep 2009 19:13:11 -0700, H.B. Elkins
> wrote:

>Jesus H. Calipari, how many newsgroups does he spam his crap to?

How many newsgroups are there on usenet?

--
Calrog admits that his website is dead:

"Somebody is trying to suck on the teat of the WHL...
You'll never make it anywhere, necrophiliac."
--Carl Rogers - 2/18/08

ref: http://tinyurl.com/yt2ya4
Msg Id:

Interstate 80 in WHL-360 Carl Rogers Driving 3 March 10th 08 02:13 PM
Interstate 101?!? Carl Rogers[_3_] Driving 18 November 18th 07 09:51 PM
Interstate 99 necromancer[_2_] Driving 0 October 28th 07 08:06 PM
Interstate Trouble Dave Jost Jeep 14 July 18th 05 04:49 AM
INTERSTATE 24 Tom S Dodge 1 September 14th 04 05:41 AM