So it's been a decade...

Old March 18th 12, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

Default So it's been a decade...

Rob:

Glad to see you are still driving an ACVW. It has been a while. I
remember the links page. That was back when the internet was still
fairly new and free server space on Geo Cities and other servers was
plentiful. If I remember right, Geo Cities was bought by Yahoo at
some point.

Old April 8th 12, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

"Lauren Bailey" wrote in message

>Just wanted to drop in and say hi...

Hi...

Old May 13th 12, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Sunday, 18 March 2012 12:24:31 UTC+10:30, Bill Berckman wrote:
> Rob:
>
> Glad to see you are still driving an ACVW. It has been a while. I
> remember the links page. That was back when the internet was still
> fairly new and free server space on Geo Cities and other servers was
> plentiful. If I remember right, Geo Cities was bought by Yahoo at
> some point.
>
> On Mar 14, 3:46*am, Rob > wrote:
> > On Feb 22, 1:48*pm, Lauren Bailey > wrote
> >
> > > Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
> > > there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years
> > > since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a hello!

> > > ~Lauren aka VWGirl

> > Wow, it really is a meeting of the "old school" - VWGirl, Jan
> > Andersen, Bill Berkmann, Jim Ed, BergRace et al.
> >
> > This group was my first foray into VWs on line too - about 15 years
> > ago; and the web sitewww.vw-resource.comwould not exist today
> > if it was not for this group - I started answering Qs put by Dave in
> > the USA when he was rebuilding his son's (now his)
> > 73 superbug. We became good friends (and I finally met him last year
> > for the first time!) and we had so much stuff
> > after a year or so of emails back and forth during his rebuild, we
> > started the web site - which is now a dinosaur in size
> > - over 400 articles.
> >
> > Dave in WA USA still has that 73 superbug, and I still have my
> > original 1970 1500 swing axle bug (plus a 68 and a 57).
> >
> > Jan - you always gave (and give) great advice. *Bill - you had THE
> > MOST COMPREHENSIVE list of VW links
> > *I have ever seen.
> >
> > Nice to see lots of the old folks popping in again.
> >
> > Rob (in Australia)
> > Rob and Dave's aircooled VW pages
> > Repairs and maintenance for the home mechanicwww.vw-resource.com

Yes Bill - Geocities was taken over by Yahoo. On Geocities I was just "aussiebug" but when yahoo took over it would not let me continue with that handle so I had to become "aussiebug1970" - which refers to the year of my first bug - which, as mentioned above, I still own :-) It's not my birth year as some might think - got to go back to the dark ages of 1949 for that one!

Rob
Old July 2nd 12, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VWGirl

On Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:01:04 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 March 2012 12:24:31 UTC+10:30, Bill Berckman wrote:
> > Rob:
> >
> > Glad to see you are still driving an ACVW. It has been a while. I
> > remember the links page. That was back when the internet was still
> > fairly new and free server space on Geo Cities and other servers was
> > plentiful. If I remember right, Geo Cities was bought by Yahoo at
> > some point.
> >
> > On Mar 14, 3:46*am, Rob > wrote:
> > > On Feb 22, 1:48*pm, Lauren Bailey > wrote

> > > Wow, it really is a meeting of the "old school" - VWGirl, Jan
> > > Andersen, Bill Berkmann, Jim Ed, BergRace et al.
> > >
> > > This group was my first foray into VWs on line too - about 15 years
> > > ago; and the web sitewww.vw-resource.comwould not exist today
> > > if it was not for this group - I started answering Qs put by Dave in
> > > the USA when he was rebuilding his son's (now his)
> > > 73 superbug. We became good friends (and I finally met him last year
> > > for the first time!) and we had so much stuff
> > > after a year or so of emails back and forth during his rebuild, we
> > > started the web site - which is now a dinosaur in size
> > > - over 400 articles.
> > >
> > > Dave in WA USA still has that 73 superbug, and I still have my
> > > original 1970 1500 swing axle bug (plus a 68 and a 57).
> > >
> > > Jan - you always gave (and give) great advice. *Bill - you had THE
> > > MOST COMPREHENSIVE list of VW links
> > > *I have ever seen.
> > >
> > > Nice to see lots of the old folks popping in again.
> > >
> > > Rob (in Australia)
> > > Rob and Dave's aircooled VW pages
> > > Repairs and maintenance for the home mechanicwww.vw-resource.com

> Yes Bill - Geocities was taken over by Yahoo. On Geocities I was just "aussiebug" but when yahoo took over it would not let me continue with that handle so I had to become "aussiebug1970" - which refers to the year of my first bug - which, as mentioned above, I still own :-) It's not my birth year as some might think - got to go back to the dark ages of 1949 for that one!
>
> Rob

I guess more people are coming out of the woodwork cause there just isn't as close a community out there anymore. Samba is just way too big to function like this. This is more like Cheers. I kinda miss the old days... when you guys were all the old guys and I was just one of the youngins
Old July 2nd 12, 11:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
KWW[_2_]

On 7/1/2012 9:29 PM, VWGirl wrote:
> On Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:01:04 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
>> On Sunday, 18 March 2012 12:24:31 UTC+10:30, Bill Berckman wrote:
>>> Rob:
>>>
>>> Glad to see you are still driving an ACVW. It has been a while. I
>>> remember the links page. That was back when the internet was still
>>> fairly new and free server space on Geo Cities and other servers was
>>> plentiful. If I remember right, Geo Cities was bought by Yahoo at
>>> some point.

>> Yes Bill - Geocities was taken over by Yahoo. On Geocities I was just "aussiebug" but when yahoo took over it would not let me continue with that handle so I had to become "aussiebug1970" - which refers to the year of my first bug - which, as mentioned above, I still own :-) It's not my birth year as some might think - got to go back to the dark ages of 1949 for that one!
>>
>> Rob

> I guess more people are coming out of the woodwork cause there just isn't as close a community out there anymore. Samba is just way too big to function like this. This is more like Cheers. I kinda miss the old days... when you guys were all the old guys and I was just one of the youngins

Probably fewer old guys around in general due to the natural course of
things. Probably some became senile and could no longer work a computer.
KWW

Old September 30th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

You still are one of the young ones