4x4 usefulness

Old March 1st 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

Default 4x4 usefulness

On 2/26/2009 9:06 PM, Mike Romain wrote:
> SnoMan wrote:
>
>> Watch this guys advise!

> I see my not so favorite psychotic Usenet stalker is loose again. They
> just let you out of jail?, been a while at least....
>
> Mike

No, you just do not like being put on a leash that's all. You are a
legend in your own mind and offer dangerous advise on some matters. I
few years ago I whatch a few of your "clones" (those who kinda think
like you) wreck two Wranglers about 1 minute apart on a icy highway.
They like you thought they were invincible and ego driven traveling in
4wd at speed on a slick road and first one spun out and went in the
ditch and the second one spun out about same place and hit first one in
the ditch and kinda drove over it because it hit with such force. Both
were pretty new and totaled and one driver was seriously hurt too. Many
car before and after this that were not Wranglers and were not 4wd
passed this place with no problems. If it walks like a duck and quacks
like a duck it is a duck and same applies to you as you are a accident
waiting to happen and do not need others to take your misguided advise
on matters of safety. If you want me to leave you be, stop posting ego
driven BS advise as your comments are ripe for picking.
Old March 1st 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On 2/27/2009 8:54 AM, aarcuda69062 wrote:
> In article<f8GdnUm5rJjxVzvUnZ2dnUVZ_o7inZ2d@earthlink .com>,
> > wrote:

>>> I beg to differ. We owned 2 4x4's and used them all the time on the
>>> street in 4x4. Both my wife and I got off our different shift jobs at
>>> times when the snowplows hadn't touched the roads yet, her at 12 AM and
>>> myself at 4 AM.
>>>
>>> I even got paid extra on one contract to bring my 4x4 so we were
>>> guaranteed we could get to the house and back in the ice and snow storms
>>> when frozen pipes usually happen.
>>>
>>> We also travel and have used it many many times in the snow on trips.
>>> From the countless cars we plodded on by that were in the snowbank or
>>> ditch, I would say the 4x4 was very useful.
>>>
>>> I do think a 4x4 would be useless for someone as yourself who thinks it
>>> is only for horsing around, folks like that go way too fast for the
>>> conditions and just end up in ditches off ramps. Or do you live
>>> someplace sunny and warm?
>>>
>>> Mike (Up in The Great White North)

>> Watch this guys advise! He is the same guy that used to brag a few years
>> ago about 33 inch tires on his Jeep with 3.31 axle ratios and what a
>> GREAT combo it was and that it was totally acceptable to loose most
>> usage of 5th gear and lug motor and have reduced performance too. He is
>> a legend in his own mind. While some do offer good advise, his is purely
>> ego driven and not one to bet your safety on. I am glad he does not live
>> around me so I do not have to worry about meeting him going sideways
>> down the road at me in my lane on a slick road because his ego over
>> stepped reality.

> Get your meds adjusted Jacob.

Guess again, (which is what clueless people do a lot) you are just as
full of it and do not even have right guy either.
Old March 2nd 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

dont really care about % at all... dont care about how much gas I
use..... dont care about how much it costs to replace the tires, dont
care what 6 qts of synthetic 10/30 oil costs along with filter every
3k..currently at 131K... dont care that I use high test gas, the gas
tank is 22 gallons, that 351 is a hungry engine, dont care about what it
cost when i say fill up, dont care what it costs to change all the
fluids regularly. I dont care because its fun to drive..... just
fun....
The thing that I do care and know, it is one of the widest, and some
what heaviest 4x4 out there in its class...95 vintage well kept, washed,
polished, detailed, derusted, and painted again (white), now with new
chrome bumpers (oe) type... and if by chance a little toyota, honda, or
one of those little cars etc hits me in the rear, the towing hitch will
probably destroy that little car, or if by chance somebody hits me in
the front, all i can say is good luck pal, all my passengers will be
safe. I laugh when the little fwd vehicles get stuck in the snow, or
unable to move because snow is packed rite into the bumper, one inch
ground clearance indeed, hummmmm. I enjoy the legroom, where my knees
aren't touching the steering wheel.. It's a 2 door, 5 passenger type,
with full leather interior, the smell of leather in morning... and a cup
of coffee...

so if u see a white suv, black trim, bumper hitch, chrome bumpers, and
it looks like the oj is passing u.... u just better move over to the far
rite lane,,, will be doing 80 mph, with plenty hp left... while your
little 1.8 4cyl is working hard just to go 60..

Old March 2nd 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Fuller Wrath

proof the gene pool needs thinning. And by the testicle talk about how
studly this cretin drives, that thinning will soon arrive.

Old March 2nd 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

wondering do u drive a pinto?? do u believe in global warming? do u live
in your mother's basement? have u ever been to a race track? have u
ever heard of fireball roberts? richard petty? have u heard the sound
of dual cherry bombs with a 440? do u still kick tires when buying
that pinto.

Have u ever heard of sportsman class racing on a dirt track...... do u
know what a figure 8 means while driving a yellow school bus along with
about 10/15 other drivers, you should try it sometime...

cretin indeed, a cretin who enjoys life and grownup toys and doesnt
worry about the little things, or 12" tires, have u ever seen what
happens when a car with 12"/13" tires hit a pot hole what a site.
well its snowing outside, think i will have some fun tonite....

Old March 2nd 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Comboverfish

On Mar 1, 9:57*am, SnoMan > wrote:
> On 2/27/2009 8:54 AM, aarcuda69062 wrote:
>

> > In article<f8GdnUm5rJjxVzvUnZ2dnUVZ_o7in...@earthlink .com>,
> > * > *wrote:

> >> Watch this guys advise! He is the same guy that used to brag a few years
> >> ago about 33 inch tires on his Jeep with 3.31 axle ratios and what a
> >> GREAT combo it was and that it was totally acceptable to loose most
> >> usage of 5th gear and lug motor and have reduced performance too. He is
> >> a legend in his own mind. While some do offer good advise, his is purely
> >> ego driven and not one to bet your safety on. I am glad he does not live
> >> around me so I do not have to worry about meeting him going sideways
> >> down the road at me in my lane on a slick road because his ego over
> >> stepped reality.

> > Get your meds adjusted Jacob.

> Guess again, (which is what clueless people do a lot) you are just as
> full of it and do not even have right guy either.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, supposin' one didn't know anything about cars and had to decide
correctitude between Sowman and [everyone else], I 'spoze [everyone
else] would get the slight advantage due to their coherent and not-so-
insane sounding ramblings. WTH, I thought you got rid of him, Neil!

Toyota MDT in MO
Old March 2nd 09, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Comboverfish

On Mar 1, 7:43*pm, wrote:

> so if u see a white suv, black trim, bumper hitch, chrome bumpers, *and
> it looks like the oj is passing u.... u just better move over to the far
> rite lane,,, *will be doing 80 mph, with plenty *hp left... while your
> little 1.8 4cyl *is working hard just to go 60..

I've never seen any 1.8 liter equipped US destination vehicle have to
"work" as hard to go 60 as your vehicle's engine does. Work =
horsepower, conveniently enough.

Toyota MDT in MO
Old March 2nd 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
WW[_2_]

"Alan Young" > wrote in message
> Always made me wonder why SUV 4x4's sold at all in suburban, urban and
> most rural areas.
> 4-wheel-drive is not needed, generally unless one intends to go
> off-road. And where can one go off-road in a suburban town? Perhaps in
> the town park? Or maybe a neighborhood golf course? No, this type of
> vehicle is useless to the average person. Unless he (she) plows snow.
> Al Young

Al... You never lived where 300 or more inches of yearly snow fall. Or
where it rains so much that the dirt roads turn into 12 inches of mud. You
must be a city fellow. Warren

Old March 3rd 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Fuller Wrath

blah blah blah. you punks who measure your penis with a micrometer are
****ing losers.

Old March 13th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

micrometer???? i bet u drive one of those smart cars... 2 seater and u
also believe that democrats are for the workers too???

smart cars, democrats, global warming, taxes, user taxes, less unions
and more illegals working for the democrats, and to think I drive oh
nooooo... one of those dreaded big, 4x4 suvs.... simply unbelievable....
but i have been thinking of down grading my ride to a 94 transam.. 350,
6 speed.... (do u know what a manual transmission is, i bet u never
heard of a clutch or a clutch pedal)... i think i will keep them both...
summer car, and a winter car....
both belching gas guzzlers... love it..... the smell of rubber on the
road..nothing like it...

and speaking of carbon footprints,,,

how about a twin motor, military jet holds 12 passengers.. (the
ultimate suv).
do u know that the speaker of the house has this military jet plane for
her own use. She uses it to fly back and forth from ca to
washington,and other places. She doesnt worry about her carbon
footprint, and the suvs that demoract politicians drive, ohhhh the
carbon foortprints...... the earth is doomed...

i am not responsible for u not having any fun whle u are driving your
two seater smart car, while politicians are driving and flying suvs.

just kidding....