Tire Pressure

Old May 6th 05, 09:25 AM
Joey Tribiani

" >
> And just what do you think causes it to stretch??? PRESSURE!!!
>
> Hell, this is grade school level science.

you say it is the air pressure i say it is surface pressure....so i did not
say it wasn't pressure my reading comprehension challenged pet.... you were
wrong, now man up and admit it...i won't hold my breath...(nice stealing of
the "grade school science" though...)

Old May 6th 05, 09:30 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> "stepping on the balloon puts MORE force on the outside(pressure)...."
>
> So Joey, you're saying that when someone steps on a balloon and it pops

it's
> really imploding. You're saying it doesn't develop such high pressure

inside
> that the balloon finally bursts from the inside out?...???
>
> I'm not following that line of (il)logic. Please enlighten us with you
> brilliance (or are you just baffling us with your bull****?).

it is neither brilliance or bull****...it is just not comprehendible to a
dumb**** like you... you did not quote the entire statement above trying to
prove a point(your point) but it still does not.... i never stated the
balloon implodes(since your reading comprehension wont' allow you to
understand what i *did* write you have to try and make **** up...quote me
in context or don't quote at all you ****ing moron).... you step on a
balloon, or i could just step on your oversized head, and the "pressure"
your foot puts on the surface does not change the pressure *inside* the
balloon, as you wrongfully stated.....it *displaces* it and causes the
****ing balloon to stretch....got it? probably not, but anyway, that is what
causes the balloon to rupture...not from *more* internal pressure but from
the surface being stretched further than it can handle...its so simple i
would think you could understand...but im not surprised you don't....

Old May 6th 05, 09:39 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> This is also what happens when you step on a balloon only you reduce the
> volume for a fixed amount of a gas (the air) by distorting the shape of

the
> balloon until the pressure is so great and the skin has stretched so far
> that some part of the skin of the balloon ruptures.

this is not correct...in the case of the balloon you are indeed distorting,
but the balloon stretches so the internal "volume' is unchanged...that is my
hangup....you seem to know what is going on, and you probably know your
original statement was a "stretch" to say the least, you are just trying
your damnedest to not admit it...

> When you add weight to a car you distort the shape of the tire. This
> distortion reduced the volume inside the tire. The tire stretches some to
> help keep the pressure differential reduced but it can't stretch enough to
> totally compensate so the pressure inside the tire increases.

there is no pressure increase.... you would have to overload the tire beyond
what was the subject at hand to *ever* decrease the inside
volume....period... you won't make the tire smaller...it will burst first...

> When you have a fixed amount of gas (in this case air) in a container (the
> tire) and reduce the volume of the container the pressure goes up. This

is
> why the tire pressure goes up as the weight it is supporting increases.

again you seem to have the theory, but you are still not quite there.... my
tires on my pu contain 50psi cold.....even when i slap a couple tons of
gravel on the back it still has 50psi cold.... this is not just me talking,
it is from training and actually measuring tire pressures...something you
have done neither of...

> You already admitted the shape of the tire distorts. Now all you have to
> wrap your brain around is the fact that when you distort the shape of the
> tire you also reduce the volume inside the tire and the pressure

increases.

distorting the shape has exactly NOTHING to do with it....if you load the
tire(which is so far from your original, yet brilliant, statement it apples
to oranges) the air is displaced locally in the tire...this causes the
pressure to move inside the tire...so localized inside the tire you could
have more pressure but the overall read at the guage is the same...wrap your
"brain"(yeah right) around that....or get educated on tires....

> I'm not going to go into the calculus supporting this. You're just going

> have to research that yourself.

no need....i breezed through calculus and "tire school"..... you can shove
your "opinions" based on **** you don't know about, or what you *think*
would happen, straight up your ass.... i have BTDT with the training and the
experience....

Old May 6th 05, 09:41 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> > as a follow up, please Dan-d-man tell me why a helium balloon will burst
> > when you release it into the "sky"?....the pressure inside the balloon
> > decreases the higher it goes..but it still ruptures....or can you not

wrap
> > your brain cell around this either?
> >

> That cinched it! You really don't know what you're talking about.
>
> "Stupid people are funny!" - Shaggie

i do.... and the above example is just to "trump" your bull**** about
stepping on the balloon....you realize it *does* so you don't even
answer....nice avoidance...i'd give it a 2 on the troll/dip**** meter...work
on that....

Old May 6th 05, 12:01 PM
Shag

On Fri, 06 May 2005 01:12:58 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
wrote:

>yappity yap

*tug*

"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old May 6th 05, 12:11 PM
Dan Smith

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
newsQFee.2441$sy6.963@lakeread04...

> "Dan Smith" > wrote in message
> >
> > > I think at this point he was trying to see exactly how far Dan had

his
> > > head up his ass. I could be wrong. Have been before.
> > >
> > > "Stupid people are funny." - me

> > And you're wrong again.
> >
> > "Stupid people are funny." - Shaggie
> >

> you should know being wrong, you are an expert....

"Stupid people are funny." - Shaggie

"Joey and Shaggie are hilarious." - Dan

Old May 6th 05, 12:59 PM
Shag

http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Threa...pid-Actors.jpg

Old May 6th 05, 01:14 PM
Lorem Ipsum

> you step on a
> balloon and the "pressure"
> your foot puts on the surface does not change the pressure *inside* the
> balloon, as you wrongfully stated.....it *displaces* it and causes the
> ****ing balloon to stretch....got it? [...]

In this case of the bursting balloon you are wrong. If you put a gauge in
the balloon you will see a rise in pressure when you step on it. Why?
Because the balloon is near enough its maximum expansion to burst when
stepped upon - it does not expand easily enough or fast enough for the air
to be displaced so the air pressure does rise considerably, then the walls
pop.

Old May 6th 05, 01:23 PM
Lorem Ipsum

> there is no pressure increase.... you would have to overload the tire
> beyond
> what was the subject at hand to *ever* decrease the inside
> volume....period... you won't make the tire smaller...it will burst
> first...

Yes - that's where you went wrong in the case of the balloon. In this case
you would have to squash an underrated tire one hell of a lot to burst it. I
am sure you have seen it happen at least once.

> again you seem to have the theory, but you are still not quite there....
> my
> tires on my pu contain 50psi cold.....even when i slap a couple tons of
> gravel on the back it still has 50psi cold....

Yep. Those tires are rated/built to the task. It is too bad the balloon part
of the thread was irrelevant to the thread.

Old May 6th 05, 04:36 PM
Dan Smith

> [...]

> distorting the shape has exactly NOTHING to do with it....if you load the
> tire(which is so far from your original, yet brilliant, statement it

apples
> to oranges) the air is displaced locally in the tire...this causes the
> pressure to move inside the tire...so localized inside the tire you could
> have more pressure but the overall read at the guage is the same...wrap

your
> "brain"(yeah right) around that....or get educated on tires....
>
> > I'm not going to go into the calculus supporting this. You're just

going
> > have to research that yourself.
> >

> no need....i breezed through calculus and "tire school"..... you can shove
> your "opinions" based on **** you don't know about, or what you *think*
> would happen, straight up your ass.... i have BTDT with the training and

You breezed through tire school? Was that breeze caused by your snoring?

You said, "distorting the shape has exactly NOTHING to do with it...." That
means that you believe that when you have a fixed amount of a substance in a
container and reduce the volume of the container the pressure stays the
same. ARE YOU JOKING??? Have you never heard of an air compressor? Have
you never heard of an internal combustion engine? Have you never heard of
an air conditioner? Have you never heard of ...

Never mind. You're just making stuff up. You can't really believe this
crap you're spewing forth and you can't really be this stupid. You're just
messing with me.