Small car to replace old car?

Old August 28th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

Default Small car to replace old car?

One point of ths post is to push "MI5" down the list, but I would like
some suggestions.
But:
My large forty years old car takes up too much room in the garage and
getting it in is difficult due to no PAS and an unkind neighbor who
parks in a bad place.

I am looking for a small, inexpensive reliable car.
A Honda Civic of the mid/late 1970s would do, but they are hard to
find.
I would like to keep the price down, as I will probably have to give
up driving in a few years and I might just give it to some charity to
avoid all the broken appointments, bickering, complaints, etc that go
with selling a used car.
(I'm in california, so have smag laws to consider.)

Any ideas?

Old August 29th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

How about a 1960-1965 Ford Falcon or it's companion the Mercury Comet?
They are great little cars, simple, reliable easy to work on. The in
line six is also very economical. You can get a decent 2 door coupe
for $5000 or less. A convertible for around $8000 to $10,000.

You're right about those old CVCC's being hard to come by. I had a
great little 1977 Honda CVCC in 1985 when I was in college. It was my
"spare car". My main car wads 1968 Camaro. I loved that little Honda,
though. It got 35mpg and I only paid $500 for it. It was in almost new
condition. I nver see any of them arounfd any more, though.

What kind of car are you getting rid of?

Forrest

Old September 1st 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Ken Doyle

Yes, you can't beat a 1960s 6cyl compact.
Cheap to buy, cheap to run, easy to repair, and they'll push a Honda
sideways.
Falcon, Comet, Valiant, Dart, or my favorite, the '64-'69 Rambler American.

Ken D.

oups.com...

Old September 10th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
*

Ken Doyle > wrote in article
>. ..
> Yes, you can't beat a 1960s 6cyl compact.
> Cheap to buy, cheap to run, easy to repair, and they'll push a Honda
> sideways.
> Falcon, Comet, Valiant, Dart, or my favorite, the '64-'69 Rambler

American.

> Ken D.

The 1960-1962 Dodge Dart was, actually, a full-sized car. The compact Dodge
Dart was introduced in 1963.

Old September 10th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:30:41 -0500, "*" > wrote:

>Ken Doyle > wrote in article
>.. .
>> Yes, you can't beat a 1960s 6cyl compact.
>> Cheap to buy, cheap to run, easy to repair, and they'll push a Honda
>> sideways.
>> Falcon, Comet, Valiant, Dart, or my favorite, the '64-'69 Rambler

>American.
>>
>> Ken D.
>>

>The 1960-1962 Dodge Dart was, actually, a full-sized car. The compact Dodge
>Dart was introduced in 1963.

Correct. The 60-62 compact equivalent of the Valiant was the Lancer.

That name sure has gotten around. Now it's a Mitsubishi.