89 Cherokee - Dash Lights Went Out!

Old September 12th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Henry43

Default 89 Cherokee - Dash Lights Went Out!

My dash lights went out on my 89 Cherokee. When I turn the light
switch fully then the dome light will come on but nothing else is lit
up. I have checked the fuses on the right side kick panel and number 6
is burned (burned immediately when I changed it) but I’m not even sure
if that is the right fuse! Can anyone identify that particular fuse
for me? And, can anyone point me in "some" direction to try to find
the source of my problem? Thanks.

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/89-Cheroke...ict248930.html
Old September 17th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Mike Romain

Henry43 wrote:
> My dash lights went out on my 89 Cherokee. When I turn the light
> switch fully then the dome light will come on but nothing else is lit
> up. I have checked the fuses on the right side kick panel and number 6
> is burned (burned immediately when I changed it) but I’m not even sure
> if that is the right fuse! Can anyone identify that particular fuse
> for me? And, can anyone point me in "some" direction to try to find
> the source of my problem? Thanks.

I am not sure what fuse you changed, but for my 88 the panel is on the
left side of the steering column.

There are two fuses that can be involved, fuse 7 that is in the very top
row to the left of the round flasher can and fuse 9 to the very right
and below that same flasher can which makes it the top right fuse.

Fuse 7 also controls the parking lights, tail lamps, headlamp warning
chime/buzzer and the panel dimmer. Fuse 9 is for the instrument panel
illumination.

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com