Where Is Everybody?

Old February 2nd 11, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Willis

Default Where Is Everybody?

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 20:00:22 -0600, John J Stafford
> scribbled this interesting note:

>In article >,
> John Willis > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 20:42:21 -0600, John J Stafford
>> > scribbled this interesting note:
>>

>> >Remember when we all worked together to create a RAMVA T-Shirt?
>> >
>> >Three were made. I cannot remember who got them.

>> One is hanging in my closet. I did the font.

>You did? Got a picture of it?

I'll dig out the shirt and send you a picture. You altered the font
slightly when you did the shirts, left off a piece of it. I still have
the files where I developed the font in March of 2002. That was fun. I
also worked up a couple of other advertising RAMVA pieces, but they
never really went anywhere. Even had some replacement "VW" hood badges
made that are an "X" instead. Anyone interested in buying one? I've
got them in aluminum and brass. They can be powder coated clear or any
other color you'd like. I happen to know a local fellow who is doing
that sort of thing now. (you know him too!)

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old February 2nd 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LeRoy

On 02/02/2011 2:50 PM, John Willis wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 20:00:22 -0600, John J Stafford
> > scribbled this interesting note:
>
>> In >,
>> John > wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 20:42:21 -0600, John J Stafford

>>> One is hanging in my closet. I did the font.

>> You did? Got a picture of it?

> I'll dig out the shirt and send you a picture. You altered the font
> slightly when you did the shirts, left off a piece of it. I still have
> the files where I developed the font in March of 2002. That was fun. I
> also worked up a couple of other advertising RAMVA pieces, but they
> never really went anywhere. Even had some replacement "VW" hood badges
> made that are an "X" instead. Anyone interested in buying one? I've
> got them in aluminum and brass. They can be powder coated clear or any
> other color you'd like. I happen to know a local fellow who is doing
> that sort of thing now. (you know him too!)
>

> --
> John Willis
>
> (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

About 2feet of new snow on the ground and snowing with a strong NE wind.
Making that new snow blower pay for it,s self.
Old February 7th 11, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

If anyone has to wonder, retirement is great its nice to wake up
everyday in high 70's to low 80* days and work on other intrest but
most of the time read, fish and just hang out with good friends.

God has truly blessed me and life is good.

I don't miss the VW's I found theres much more to life.