It's no GPL...

Old September 13th 05, 12:15 AM

Default It's no GPL...

But maybe some day :P

http://www.PerformanceSimulations.co.../ToddSim9a.wmv

Old September 13th 05, 12:27 AM
Jan Verschueren

> wrote...
> But maybe some day :P

This sim suffers from an obvious lack of corner markers.... ;-))

All kidding aside... amazing stuff for a single handed effort, Todd.

Jan.
=---

Old September 13th 05, 12:38 AM

hehehe, indeed it does Thankfully right now the grip is the same on
and off the track

Thanks :-)

Old September 13th 05, 09:30 PM
Alex Smith

Looking excellent.

Is that sound from your engine audio simulator?

oups.com...

Old September 13th 05, 10:43 PM

Thanks, Alex. The graphics are horrible of course and thanks for not
mentioning it ;-) Still the same old graphics system from several
years ago there, really.

The sounds are all wav files from the GTR press demo, except the skid
sound which is from GPL of course I'm using FMOD for the sound
which is really cool partly because you can do all the 3D surround
stuff without having to know a whole lot about audio. Makes things
quite easy. I've got something a bit goofed up in it at the moment,
but when it was working properly it was actually possible to hear which
tire(s) were squealing on my 5.1 system, which is cool and new to me.
(I imagine anyone that uses fmod does it too; it's super easy.)

The new engine audio system has already run, but I don't have that in
the simulator yet and the system itself needs quite a lot more done on
it. If it sounds good enough it should find its way into RL though as
well as my own little project here. Fingers crossed :-D Gregor has
taken at least a tiny bit of interest in my tire model too :-P