Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ?

Old September 14th 05, 02:19 AM
jason moyer

ymenard wrote:

> He's the only modern game developper who still worked in assemblor.

I find that hard to believe, and in any case, it hardly has anything to
do with the quality of his product. Assembler is no less efficient as
a low-level language than it was 25 years ago.

Old September 14th 05, 07:26 AM
Sidney H Bridge

jason moyer wrote:
> ymenard wrote:
>

>>He's the only modern game developper who still worked in assemblor.

> I find that hard to believe, and in any case, it hardly has anything to
> do with the quality of his product. Assembler is no less efficient as
> a low-level language than it was 25 years ago.

Come on, son, the game didn't even run in real time! A hotlap toy was
all it was. I say 'it' because I could see no difference from GP2
through 4. The whole thing was a sham.
Old September 14th 05, 11:20 AM
Praxiteles Democritus

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:22:13 -0400, "ymenard"
> wrote:

>He's the only modern game developper who still worked in assemblor. The
>only other one I know, in modern gaming, was that guy who made the Roller
>Coaster Tycoon games.

Assembly language is the closest to the machine.
Old September 14th 05, 04:56 PM
Sidney H Bridge

Praxiteles Democritus wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:22:13 -0400, "ymenard"
> > wrote:
>

>>He's the only modern game developper who still worked in assemblor. The
>>only other one I know, in modern gaming, was that guy who made the Roller
>>Coaster Tycoon games.

> Assembly language is the closest to the machine.

Oh well, I suppose that makes everything all right.
Old September 15th 05, 01:29 AM
jason moyer

Sidney H Bridge wrote:
> Praxiteles Democritus wrote:

> > Assembly language is the closest to the machine.

> Oh well, I suppose that makes everything all right.

I don't agree with 99% of the bull**** you post here, but this is the
first post I've seen of yours that I'd rank with Reggie White or
Flightlessdickhead.

Old September 15th 05, 07:17 AM
Sidney H Bridge

So, if you don't agree with something, it's bull****?
Old September 15th 05, 08:33 PM
Remco Moedt

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:20:25 GMT, Praxiteles Democritus
> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:22:13 -0400, "ymenard"
> wrote:
>

>>He's the only modern game developper who still worked in assemblor. The
>>only other one I know, in modern gaming, was that guy who made the Roller
>>Coaster Tycoon games.

>Assembly language is the closest to the machine.

True, but I doubt it a game programmer can optimize code better than a
compiler. If he can, he should build compilers, he'll earn a lot
more...

Cheers!

Remco