Too late smart

Old May 25th 15, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
harry k

Default Too late smart

I got stopped by the town cop for pulling U-turn across double yellow lines.. I was sounthbound when the "out of gas" indicagtor lit up. Nearest gas was about 1/2 mile north on main street. I didn't get a ticket but I found out in Sunday's paper that that turn was legal.

Washington state, and Idaho as well list such turns legal "as long as they can be made safely and not interfere with other traffic.

Could have had an interesting discussion with the cop and probably would hasve lost until I appeared in traffic court Of course it is possible that the town has an ordinance against it.

Harry K
Old May 26th 15, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Mon, 25 May 2015 12:41:19 -0700 (PDT), Harry K >
wrote:

>I got stopped by the town cop for pulling U-turn across double yellow lines. I was sounthbound when the "out of gas" indicagtor lit up. Nearest gas was about 1/2 mile north on main street. I didn't get a ticket but I found out in Sunday's paper that that turn was legal.
>
>Washington state, and Idaho as well list such turns legal "as long as they can be made safely and not interfere with other traffic.
>
>Could have had an interesting discussion with the cop and probably would hasve lost until I appeared in traffic court Of course it is possible that the town has an ordinance against it.
>
>Harry K

Hard to say. I got stopped for a u-turn I made at a traffic light on
a green. Got pulled over for making a u-turn. No sign said I
couldn't. Cop said it was against city ordinance to make a u-turn
ANYWHERE in the downtown area. How am I supposed to know that? Cop
says I should have read and memorized all the city code. A bunch of
Horse crap. Ignorance of the law is never an excuse of the little
people but always an excuse for the big wigs. Supreme court just
ruled that if cop stops you for breaking what HE THINKS is a law but
it really isn't a law (it was repealed years ago), it's a righteous
stop. More Horse crap to protect the power of the state and screw the
little guy.

Late? Tom Oska Driving 7 July 2nd 09 09:36 PM
Help! Unknown Can-Am car - mid to late 60's Paddy's Pig[_2_] Auto Photos 15 January 27th 09 01:27 AM
O.T.late for work! FrankW Jeep 21 October 4th 05 05:59 PM
too late for synthetic? chibitul Honda 8 July 18th 05 05:24 AM
late msg for Diode BDragon Corvette 0 March 6th 05 09:35 PM