NYC Motorcycle Gang Attack: Mexican Biker's Wife Says He Won't Walk Again

Old October 3rd 13, 10:23 PM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Ben G. Hazi

Default NYC Motorcycle Gang Attack: Mexican Biker's Wife Says He Won't Walk Again

The wife of a motorcyclist who was hit by an SUV during a melee involving
20 to 30 bikers said her husband is paralyzed from the waist down and may
never walk again.

Dayana Mejia told ABC News today that her husband was struck by a Range
Rover, setting off a confrontation between the driver and motorcyclists
taking part in a group ride in New York City on Sunday.

The SUV driver fled the scene of an initial fender bender after feeling
intimidated, police said. The group of motorcyclists chased him and then
bashed in the windows of the Range Rover, dragged him out into the street,
and beat him up while his wife and 2-year-old child watched from the SUV,
police said.

Two of the motorcyclists involved in the confrontation are in custody, one
of whom has been charged, according to New York police officials.

Law enforcement sources confirmed the driver of the Range Rover was
Alexian Lien. Lien received minor injuries and police are searching for
suspects involved in his assault, they said.

Mejia's husband, Edwin Mieses, 32, a father of two and an audio engineer,
is in critical condition at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital in New York
following Sunday's incident.

In an emotional interview, Mieses' mother, Yolanda Santiago, told ABC News
that Lien should be charged with reckless endangerment.

"My son is fighting for his life. The Range Rover plowed right over him,''
Santiago said through tears on the front porch of her Lawrence, Mass.,
home.

"He's never going to be the same Jay he was,'' said Santiago, referring to
her son by his nickname. Then she began to weep into her hands. "Why
hasn't the driver been charged with reckless endangerment? He endangered
his own child."

Mieses' wife also expressed anger at Lien.

"I blame him. And what I even blame him more for is he's out, he's not
even charged, and he's the 'victim,'" Mejia said.

"His spine is crushed. All the ribs on this side are broken," she said,
motioning to her left side. "He's a survivor but he's paralyzed from the
waist down."

The confrontation began when the group of motorcyclists, out for an annual
ride in Manhattan, surrounded Lien's Range Rover and slowed down. One
biker cut off the Range Rover in traffic and then slowed his speed even
further, and the Range Rover then bumped into the bike.

New York City police said today that the driver of that motorcycle was
Christopher Cruz of Passaic, N.J., who was arrested. A second
motorcyclist, Allen Edwards, turned himself into police in Queens today
for questioning and is in custody, police said.

Cruz has been charged with reckless endangerment, acting in manner
injurious to a child, menacing and reckless driving, police said.

The initial accident caused the bikers to slow down, checking on Cruz and
yelling and gesturing at the Range Rover. The driver of the Range Rover
then took off from the group at a high speed, barreling through the
motorcyclists and hitting three of them, police said.

One of the men Lien hit was Mieses, according to his wife.

"He should have not run away," said Mejia. "He should have known he wanted
to help the person on the floor. By running away, all you're doing is
getting them upset like you're trying to flee the scene."

"He still has bumper marks on his forehead,'' Mieses' brother Ray Cepeda
told ABC News.

The rest of the bikers then chased Lien's Range Rover up the West Side
Highway and onto the Henry Hudson Parkway, where they bashed his car with
their helmets, dragged Lien out of the vehicle and beat him.

The man being questioned by police is thought to be responsible for
pulling the Range Rover's driver out of the vehicle, cops said.

The entire confrontation was captured on a six-minute helmet-cam video
taken by one of the bikers and uploaded to the Internet.

Police are now combing through the video and witness accounts to find
other suspects involved in the attack.

The NYPD distributed a still from the video of two suspects wanted in the
assault on the driver and said that one bike had a flag sticker of Guyana
on the back. The drivers are still being sought.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Monday that the driver would not face
charges for hitting bikers, including Mieses, as he fled.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-motorcy...k-bikers-wife-
walk/story?id=20430576
Old October 4th 13, 01:41 AM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Polarhound

On 10/3/2013 5:23 PM, Ben G. Hazi wrote:

> The initial accident caused the bikers to slow down, checking on Cruz and
> yelling and gesturing at the Range Rover. The driver of the Range Rover
> then took off from the group at a high speed, barreling through the
> motorcyclists and hitting three of them, police said.

You forgot the part beforehand about the ****tard squids giving the SUV
a brake job after tightly surrounding the vehicle while still moving.

He should of hit the accelerator after that, not the brake. Doing so
would of done the world a favor.

Old October 4th 13, 11:32 AM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
saman

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 21:23:18 +0000, Ben G. Hazi wrote:

> The SUV driver fled the scene of an initial fender bender after feeling
> intimidated, police said.

After watching the video, it appears the fender bender was simply that
a biker *intentionally* stopped in front of the SUV, and immediately
one or more bikers dismounted in the middle of the freeway.

So, the bikers, *clearly* had ill intentions, as that is an abnormal
action (and is probably the reason the police charged him with the
extra misdemeanor of something like unlawful detention).

Clearly the bikers intended to harm the SUV and its occupants, so,
I don't blame the SUV owner for trying to get away. The biker who
was run over is just as much at fault as the biker who detained
the vehicle. Neither of them should have been in the middle of
a busy highway on foot.

Serves them right. I only wish more of them would have been killed
or injured. They all deserve the darwin award.

Old October 5th 13, 12:31 PM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
T0m $herman

On 10/3/2013 7:41 PM, Polarhound wrote:
> On 10/3/2013 5:23 PM, Ben G. Hazi wrote:
>
>> The initial accident caused the bikers to slow down, checking on Cruz and
>> yelling and gesturing at the Range Rover. The driver of the Range Rover
>> then took off from the group at a high speed, barreling through the
>> motorcyclists and hitting three of them, police said.

> You forgot the part beforehand about the ****tard squids giving the SUV
> a brake job after tightly surrounding the vehicle while still moving.
>
> He should of hit the accelerator after that, not the brake. Doing so
> would of done the world a favor.

What was Mieses doing riding on the street when he did not even have a
driver's license, much less a motorcycle endorsement? And why was he
not in prison after being stopped by police at least 16 times for
operating a vehicle without a license?

<http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/10/01/lawrence-man-seriously-injured-nyc-incident-involving-suv-and-motorcyclists/jHju3V1xAOsdF6Q2vT8BaL/story.html>

--
T0m $herm@n
Old October 5th 13, 07:03 PM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Polarhound

On 10/5/2013 7:31 AM, T0m $herman wrote:
> On 10/3/2013 7:41 PM, Polarhound wrote:
>> On 10/3/2013 5:23 PM, Ben G. Hazi wrote:
>>
>>> The initial accident caused the bikers to slow down, checking on Cruz
>>> and
>>> yelling and gesturing at the Range Rover. The driver of the Range Rover
>>> then took off from the group at a high speed, barreling through the
>>> motorcyclists and hitting three of them, police said.

>> You forgot the part beforehand about the ****tard squids giving the SUV
>> a brake job after tightly surrounding the vehicle while still moving.
>>
>> He should of hit the accelerator after that, not the brake. Doing so
>> would of done the world a favor.
>>

> What was Mieses doing riding on the street when he did not even have a
> driver's license, much less a motorcycle endorsement? And why was he
> not in prison after being stopped by police at least 16 times for
> operating a vehicle without a license?
>
> <http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/10/01/lawrence-man-seriously-injured-nyc-incident-involving-suv-and-motorcyclists/jHju3V1xAOsdF6Q2vT8BaL/story.html>

Apparently he was being ignored (and possibly cheered on) by at least
FIVE off-duty NYC cops that were riding WITH him?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned that among the bikers on
the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.

Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien
and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to
determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.

What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come
forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.

And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the
group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.

An undercover detective has informed Internal Affairs that he was
present at the time of the confrontation.

The undercover narcotics detective, himself a motorcycle rider, was off
duty. Official sources say he did not get involved because he did not
want to blow his cover. Internal Affairs is now investigating. The
undercover detective is being advised by an attorney.

Old October 6th 13, 04:19 PM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Vito00

"Ben G. Hazi" > wrote
| The wife of a motorcyclist who was hit by an SUV .....

This exploded an image of bad ass bikers being the 250# nazis in leather
vests with club rockers riding Harleys. Clearly times change. Todays bad
asses are kids of mixed birth riding dirt bikes! What's next???

Old October 6th 13, 11:16 PM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Sancho Panza[_1_]

On 10/6/2013 11:19 AM, Vito00 wrote:
> "Ben G. Hazi" > wrote
> | The wife of a motorcyclist who was hit by an SUV .....
>
> This exploded an image of bad ass bikers being the 250# nazis in leather
> vests with club rockers riding Harleys. Clearly times change. Todays bad
> asses are kids of mixed birth riding dirt bikes! What's next???

You missed that the guy whose legs were damaged has posted a rap video
about bikes and cocaine.

Old October 9th 13, 04:21 AM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
T0m $herman

On 10/5/2013 1:03 PM, Polarhound wrote:
> On 10/5/2013 7:31 AM, T0m $herman wrote:

>>> You forgot the part beforehand about the ****tard squids giving the SUV
>>> a brake job after tightly surrounding the vehicle while still moving.
>>>
>>> He should of hit the accelerator after that, not the brake. Doing so
>>> would of done the world a favor.
>>>

>> What was Mieses doing riding on the street when he did not even have a
>> driver's license, much less a motorcycle endorsement? And why was he
>> not in prison after being stopped by police at least 16 times for
>> operating a vehicle without a license?
>>
>> <http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/10/01/lawrence-man-seriously-injured-nyc-incident-involving-suv-and-motorcyclists/jHju3V1xAOsdF6Q2vT8BaL/story.html>
>>

> Apparently he was being ignored (and possibly cheered on) by at least
> FIVE off-duty NYC cops that were riding WITH him?
>
> http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018
>
> NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned that among the bikers on
> the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.
>
> Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien
> and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to
> determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.
>
> What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come
> forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.
>
> And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the
> group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.
>
> An undercover detective has informed Internal Affairs that he was
> present at the time of the confrontation.
>
> The undercover narcotics detective, himself a motorcycle rider, was off
> duty. Official sources say he did not get involved because he did not
> want to blow his cover. Internal Affairs is now investigating. The
> undercover detective is being advised by an attorney.

And they will likely be suspended with pay during the investigation -
hey, extra paid vacation time for doing wrong, it's the American Wayâ„¢!

--
T0m $herm@n
Old October 9th 13, 11:56 PM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Polarhound

On 10/8/2013 11:21 PM, T0m $herman wrote:
> On 10/5/2013 1:03 PM, Polarhound wrote:

>>> What was Mieses doing riding on the street when he did not even have a
>>> driver's license, much less a motorcycle endorsement? And why was he
>>> not in prison after being stopped by police at least 16 times for
>>> operating a vehicle without a license?
>>>
>>> <http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/10/01/lawrence-man-seriously-injured-nyc-incident-involving-suv-and-motorcyclists/jHju3V1xAOsdF6Q2vT8BaL/story.html>
>>>

>> Apparently he was being ignored (and possibly cheered on) by at least
>> FIVE off-duty NYC cops that were riding WITH him?
>>
>> http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018
>>
>> NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned that among the bikers on
>> the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.
>>
>> Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien
>> and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to
>> determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.
>>
>> What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come
>> forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.
>>
>> And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the
>> group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.
>>
>> An undercover detective has informed Internal Affairs that he was
>> present at the time of the confrontation.
>>
>> The undercover narcotics detective, himself a motorcycle rider, was off
>> duty. Official sources say he did not get involved because he did not
>> want to blow his cover. Internal Affairs is now investigating. The
>> undercover detective is being advised by an attorney.
>>

> And they will likely be suspended with pay during the investigation -
> hey, extra paid vacation time for doing wrong, it's the American Wayâ„¢!

Not all, at least one of them has been arrested for his extracurricular
window smashing escapades.
Old October 10th 13, 04:15 AM posted to misc.immigration.usa,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
T0m $herman

On 10/9/2013 5:56 PM, Polarhound wrote:
> On 10/8/2013 11:21 PM, T0m $herman wrote:

>>> Apparently he was being ignored (and possibly cheered on) by at least
>>> FIVE off-duty NYC cops that were riding WITH him?
>>>
>>> http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018
>>>
>>> NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned that among the bikers on
>>> the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.
>>>
>>> Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien
>>> and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to
>>> determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.
>>>
>>> What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come
>>> forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.
>>>
>>> And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the
>>> group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.
>>>
>>> An undercover detective has informed Internal Affairs that he was
>>> present at the time of the confrontation.
>>>
>>> The undercover narcotics detective, himself a motorcycle rider, was off
>>> duty. Official sources say he did not get involved because he did not
>>> want to blow his cover. Internal Affairs is now investigating. The
>>> undercover detective is being advised by an attorney.
>>>

>> And they will likely be suspended with pay during the investigation -
>> hey, extra paid vacation time for doing wrong, it's the American Wayâ„¢!
>>

> Not all, at least one of them has been arrested for his extracurricular
> window smashing escapades.

But will Wojciech Braszczok be suspended without pay until the matter is
settled, or does his employment contract still say he gets paid until
convicted or terminated (the latter being a lengthy process)?

<http://www.ibtimes.com/who-wojciech-...-driver-photos.

--
T0m $herm@n