C5 Weird Left Door Security Issue

Old February 3rd 12, 01:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

Default C5 Weird Left Door Security Issue

My 2001 C5 Black Coupe seems to be having age issues with only 56K on
the clock. The starter failed in the Wall Mart parking lot. Long
shaggy dog story but I had the starter replaced and that is good.

I have a new issue with the left door lock. If I exit the vehicle and
lock the doors with the key FOB, it does not always lock the left door
and when I open it the security system (horn and Lights) goes alerts the
world.

I suspected a bad door lock motor (or whatever it is called); however, I
can manually lock the door and it stays locked until I use the key FOB to
unlock it. No security alert.

The alert seems to happen only when locked by the Key FOB. Is there
a sensor in the left door that could be causing the problem.

Dick
Old February 3rd 12, 06:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

In article >,
aRKay > wrote:

> My 2001 C5 Black Coupe seems to be having age issues with only 56K on
> the clock. The starter failed in the Wall Mart parking lot. Long
> shaggy dog story but I had the starter replaced and that is good.
>
> I have a new issue with the left door lock. If I exit the vehicle and
> lock the doors with the key FOB, it does not always lock the left door
> and when I open it the security system (horn and Lights) goes alerts the
> world.
>
> I suspected a bad door lock motor (or whatever it is called); however, I
> can manually lock the door and it stays locked until I use the key FOB to
> unlock it. No security alert.
>
> The alert seems to happen only when locked by the Key FOB. Is there
> a sensor in the left door that could be causing the problem.
>

> Dick

I just pulled the codes and got

BFA-40 1 code BO432 and when I looked it up it was for the RR DEFOG
relay?

and got another code B0-RFA 1064 and 99 HVAC BO348HC dealing with the AC

I tried using WD-40 on the lock and latch and that did nothing but make
a mess.

If I lock the vehicle using the key fob from outside the car, I head
something that sounds like an activator and the lights flash; however,
the car is not locked so when I pull the door handle it sounds the
security alam