removal of front bumper - accord '90

Old December 30th 10, 03:01 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
S F

Default removal of front bumper - accord '90

Hi all,

Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda
accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?

My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side and
replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of the
bumper.

thanks for your help,
vlad
Old December 30th 10, 03:13 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_3_]

S F > wrote in :

> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda
> accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?
>
> My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side and
> replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of the
> bumper.

It's simple, but is hard to explain in words. Bumper and skin are
removed as a unit.

See this factory PDF:
<http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/manual_scans/accord/89-91_accord_front-bumper-removal.pdf>

--
Tegger
Old December 30th 10, 01:49 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
S F

On Dec 29, 9:13*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> S F > wrote :
>
> > Hi all,

> > Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda
> > accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?

> > My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side and
> > replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of the
> > bumper.

> It's simple, but is hard to explain in words. Bumper and skin are
> removed as a unit.
>
> See this factory PDF:
> <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/manual_scans/accord/89-91_accord_...>
>
> --
> Tegger

I'm able to get to the two bolts on the passenger side because the
bumper cover is damaged. Getting to the ones on the driver side seems
nearly impossible.

thanks
vlad
Old December 30th 10, 02:07 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_3_]

S F > wrote in
:

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/.../89-91_accord_

> I'm able to get to the two bolts on the passenger side because the
> bumper cover is damaged. Getting to the ones on the driver side seems
> nearly impossible.

All four bolts are inside the signal-light apertures. If you remove the
signal lights, the bolts should be quite accessible.

In addition to those bolts, you also need to remove the two large nuts from
inside the engine compartment. I'd advise removing those nuts first, so you
can sit on the driveway and support the bumper with your legs as you remove
the bolts that are inside the signal light apertures.

These steps should have the bumper off easily:
1) Remove the screws at either end of the bumper, at the front of the wheel
wells.
2) Remove the clips on the bottom that hold the splash guard to the bumper
skin.
3) Remove the two nuts from inside the engine compartment.
4) Remove the signal lights as shown in the PDF.
5) Sit on the driveway so that your legs can support the bumper.
6) Remove the two bolts from each signal light aperture.
7) Slide the bumper forward and off. The ends will be hooked to the inner
fender splash guards, so a tug might be needed.

--
Tegger
Old December 30th 10, 02:58 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
S F

Thanks so much Tegger.

vlad