Turned the tables on cops

Old December 23rd 10, 06:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default Turned the tables on cops

On Dec 21, 9:26*pm, Harry K > wrote:

> *It is hardly news but it does prove the point. *Follow any driver
> long enough any a cop can find a legal reason to pull him over.

Define "long enough".

> Even
> if not there is the old, *reliable
> 'wandering in lane'. *"I saw him over the centerline/fogline twice in
> a 1/2 mile". *Just try to prove you didn't.

You don't have to "prove" it, only create reasonable doubt.

I don't weave in my lane.

I can explain the techniques I use to maintain the center of my lane,
and I have video as evidence it works. That was the unstated point of
the first video I posted here, and not a single r.a.d. expert noticed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1WTgKD4gE

Of course cops don't operate any better than the average idiot (I'd
say the "driving" in this video is worse than average). They don't
have any more education or training, and they're pretty ****ing
unlikely to get a ticket.

The average motorist seems likewise to have substantial difficulty
maintaining their lane, which has -got- to be the most frequent
violation after following too closely, which are the main criteria I
use to argue they shouldn't be allowed to motor at all, and it would
be unwise to provide them higher speed limits.
-----

- gpsman
Old December 23rd 10, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:14:26 -0800 (PST), gpsman wrote:

> On Dec 21, 9:26*pm, Harry K > wrote:
>>
>> *It is hardly news but it does prove the point. *Follow any driver
>> long enough any a cop can find a legal reason to pull him over.

> Define "long enough".
>
>> Even
>> if not there is the old, *reliable
>> 'wandering in lane'. *"I saw him over the centerline/fogline twice in
>> a 1/2 mile". *Just try to prove you didn't.

> You don't have to "prove" it, only create reasonable doubt.
>
> I don't weave in my lane.
>
> I can explain the techniques I use to maintain the center of my lane,
> and I have video as evidence it works. That was the unstated point of
> the first video I posted here, and not a single r.a.d. expert noticed.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1WTgKD4gE
>
> Of course cops don't operate any better than the average idiot (I'd
> say the "driving" in this video is worse than average). They don't
> have any more education or training, and they're pretty ****ing
> unlikely to get a ticket.
>
> The average motorist seems likewise to have substantial difficulty
> maintaining their lane, which has -got- to be the most frequent
> violation after following too closely, which are the main criteria I
> use to argue they shouldn't be allowed to motor at all, and it would
> be unwise to provide them higher speed limits.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

There was a county cop in one of the southern states that liked to stop
travellers and he had all kinds of excuses for the stop. From speeding, to
weaving, to what ever he felt like.

Until a news camera crew caught the ******* on video. He didn't know he was
doing his song and dance routine in front of video cameras.

The evidence was shown to the sheriff. The cop was fired. A month later the
same cop had on a new uniform in a neighboring county.
Old December 23rd 10, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Dec 21, 10:26*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> The investigator who created the video of officers, Nancy Smith, told
> the judge that it was more difficult than she expected to get video,
> since officers often exceeded the speed limit or sat idle for long
> periods of time.
>
> No ****....! *she actually expected cops to not speed? *Where the hell
> has she been living?

Maybe she's an average motorist, who only notices the vehicle to her
front, and then only then when it is within 50-100' /crash imminent,
or she's a good motorist who has no need to make note of cops/cop
driving.

Maybe she lives in the city and doesn't drive.
-----

- gpsman
Old December 23rd 10, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Dec 22, 9:14*pm, gpsman > wrote:
> On Dec 21, 9:26*pm, Harry K > wrote:
>

> > *It is hardly news but it does prove the point. *Follow any driver
> > long enough any a cop can find a legal reason to pull him over.

> Define "long enough".

As long as he wants? Did you have a point?

> > Even
> > if not there is the old, *reliable
> > 'wandering in lane'. *"I saw him over the centerline/fogline twice in
> > a 1/2 mile". *Just try to prove you didn't.

> You don't have to "prove" it, only create reasonable doubt.

LOL and you think the judge will take _your_ word over the cop's. You
must be living in a fantasy world.

<snip OT>

Harry K
Old December 23rd 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Dec 22, 9:18*pm, richard > wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:14:26 -0800 (PST), gpsman wrote:
> > On Dec 21, 9:26 pm, Harry K > wrote:

> >> It is hardly news but it does prove the point. Follow any driver
> >> long enough any a cop can find a legal reason to pull him over.

> > Define "long enough".

> >> Even
> >> if not there is the old, reliable
> >> 'wandering in lane'. "I saw him over the centerline/fogline twice in
> >> a 1/2 mile". Just try to prove you didn't.

> > You don't have to "prove" it, only create reasonable doubt.

> > I don't weave in my lane.

> > I can explain the techniques I use to maintain the center of my lane,
> > and I have video as evidence it works. *That was the unstated point of
> > the first video I posted here, and not a single r.a.d. expert noticed.
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1WTgKD4gE

> > Of course cops don't operate any better than the average idiot (I'd
> > say the "driving" in this video is worse than average). *They don't
> > have any more education or training, and they're pretty ****ing
> > unlikely to get a ticket.

> > The average motorist seems likewise to have substantial difficulty
> > maintaining their lane, which has -got- to be the most frequent
> > violation after following too closely, which are the main criteria I
> > use to argue they shouldn't be allowed to motor at all, and it would
> > be unwise to provide them higher speed limits.
> > *-----

> > - gpsman

> There was a county cop in one of the southern states that liked to stop
> travellers and he had all kinds of excuses for the stop. From speeding, to
> weaving, to what ever he felt like.
>
> Until a news camera crew caught the ******* on video. He didn't know he was
> doing his song and dance routine in front of video cameras.
>
> The evidence was shown to the sheriff. The cop was fired. A month later the
> same cop had on a new uniform in a neighboring county.- Hide quoted text -

When I was dispatching for the county we had a town cop who played the
game. Made soem fantastic busts. Would spot a 'suspicious vehicle'
coming through towna and follow to get PC for a stop. One while I was
on duty was a great drug/theft case. He followed him and stopped him
out of town "crossed center line". Oddly that was almost to a foot at
the limit of his 5 mile allowance for makeing a stop out of city
limits. Later he was proven to have lied on a felony case, reamed out
by the judge in open court, case tossed (it was a good one). From
then on, he couldn't get a case into Superior Court unless he had at
least 5 witnesses and one of them had to be the Pope. He "retired"
due to 'injuries suffered on the job'.

Harry K
Old December 23rd 10, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Dec 23, 11:43*am, Harry K > wrote:
> On Dec 22, 9:14*pm, gpsman > wrote:
> > On Dec 21, 9:26*pm, Harry K > wrote:

> > > *It is hardly news but it does prove the point. *Follow any driver
> > > long enough any a cop can find a legal reason to pull him over.

> > Define "long enough".

> As long as he wants? *Did you have a point?

Yeah. I don't wander in my lane, so "long enough" would be too long
to maintain the interest of anyone.

> > > Even
> > > if not there is the old, *reliable
> > > 'wandering in lane'. *"I saw him over the centerline/fogline twice in
> > > a 1/2 mile". *Just try to prove you didn't.

> > You don't have to "prove" it, only create reasonable doubt.

> LOL and you think the judge will take _your_ word over the cop's. *You
> must be living in a fantasy world.

My chances of being cited are slim, probably not even by mistake, or
by someone just being a dick. I know what to say to cops to avoid
being cited for minor offenses.

Plus, I have a CDL. Rumor has it cops tend to be reluctant to write
truckers for minor offenses in a 4-wheeler.
-----

- gpsman
Old December 23rd 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 23, 12:14*am, gpsman > wrote:

> I can explain the techniques I use to maintain the center of my lane,
> and I have video as evidence it works. *That was the unstated point of
> the first video I posted here, and not a single r.a.d. expert noticed.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1WTgKD4gE

LOL! That's because not a single person here watches your dopey,
boring videos. We all just laugh that you actually spend time filming
(no doubt over-and-over again until you finally manage to get
everything right :-) & uploading videos that no one cares about. It's
kind of sad really, but mostly just funny. :-)

And then, as if your videos aren't boring enough already, they contain
"unstated points"? How is anyone supposed to pick up on an "unstated
point" when they're asleep?
Old December 27th 10, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

In article
gpsman > wrote:

> On Dec 21, 9:26*pm, Harry K > wrote:
> >
> > *It is hardly news but it does prove the point. *Follow any driver
> > long enough any a cop can find a legal reason to pull him over.

> Define "long enough".
>
> > Even
> > if not there is the old, *reliable
> > 'wandering in lane'. *"I saw him over the centerline/fogline twice in
> > a 1/2 mile". *Just try to prove you didn't.

> You don't have to "prove" it, only create reasonable doubt.
>
> I don't weave in my lane.

Of course you do from time to time, you're not a machine...

> I can explain the techniques I use to maintain the center of my lane,
> and I have video as evidence it works. That was the unstated point of
> the first video I posted here, and not a single r.a.d. expert noticed.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1WTgKD4gE

Sorry, but you quite clearly move from side to side in that video. All
you need to do is watch where in relation to your car the white line
disappears.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old December 27th 10, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

In article
gpsman > wrote:

> On Dec 23, 11:43*am, Harry K > wrote:

> > > Define "long enough".

> > As long as he wants? *Did you have a point?

> Yeah. I don't wander in my lane, so "long enough" would be too long
> to maintain the interest of anyone.

You wandered in your lane several times in the first minute of your
video...

Old December 27th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 27, 4:32*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> > *gpsman > wrote:
> >
> > I don't weave in my lane.

> Of course you do from time to time, you're not a machine...

He is, however, an idiot. :-)

> Sorry, but you quite clearly move from side to side in that video. All
> you need to do is watch where in relation to your car the white line
> disappears.

First of all congratulations on getting through more than 5 seconds of
one of his videos without falling asleep. You've accomplished what few
men dare dream of. :-)

But more to the point. We all have come across morons like gpsman in
our day-to-day lives. People who think they're the bestest drivers in
the whole wide world. They're so convinced of this that they mention
it at every conceivable opportunity, even crowbaring it into
conversations out of the blue. Some of them are so convinced they're
#1 that they do things that you and I know are really out there --
like, for example, spending time filming themselves driving around
sidestreets at the speed limit for 8 minutes and uploading it to the
Internet. You know -- truly wacky behavior. :-)

The presumption behind these videos is that anyone who watches them
will SURELY be impressed by the driver's skills. (After all, how could
anyone not be? Such an outcome is inconceivable to the driver.) Behind
this is the more broad assumption that the Internet even gives a ****.
And finally, these videos also allow the driver to respond to threads
like these and say "Hey look at me I can do it the bestest and I gotz
the evidence right here on my Youtube channel so check this out baby
I'm number 1!!!"

And this last one is where gpsman really shines: Sitting back and
waiting for threads on Usenet where he can swoop in, post a link to
one of his dopey videos, and pretend that it's actually relevant to
the issue at hand. You gotta give him credit. Clearly there isn't much
else going on in his life, so let's let him have this, okay? All he's
even wanted is this. :-)