Curbside Classic - When Honda's Mojo Was Working: 1980-1983 Honda Civic

Old December 14th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle[_4_]

Default Curbside Classic - When Honda's Mojo Was Working: 1980-1983 Honda Civic

On Dec 10, 12:16*am, wrote:
> Read Mohttp://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ic-when-hondas...

I got a kick out of the link above. I knew JT would be posting his
latest in response ;-). I wish I had more space and slightly better
tools so I could get into, I dunno, fixing and re-selling these
classics. Maintaining my 2003 Civic is my sanity in the Dickensian-
world of middle age with relatives and others fighting over
inheritances, who is not going to look after whom in their old age,
and so on. Off to the junkyard where they have a newly arrived 01-05
Civic for me to get parts from. :-)
Old December 15th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_4_]

Elle wrote:
> On Dec 10, 12:16 am, wrote:
>> Read Mohttp://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ic-when-hondas...

> I got a kick out of the link above. I knew JT would be posting his
> latest in response ;-). I wish I had more space and slightly better
> tools so I could get into, I dunno, fixing and re-selling these
> classics. Maintaining my 2003 Civic is my sanity in the Dickensian-
> world of middle age with relatives and others fighting over
> inheritances, who is not going to look after whom in their old age,
> and so on. Off to the junkyard where they have a newly arrived 01-05
> Civic for me to get parts from. :-)

You just live in the wrong area. Move to TX and finding space is that
great of a problem.

The thing about Gen II Civics that impresses me most is the simple yet
elegant engineering. So much easier to work on as opposed to the modern
stuff Honda included. Cheap yet plentiful parts with the exception of
some plastic items.

So, shuck the crazy California lifestyle and come on down...

JT