Usenet communities closing down

Old May 20th 10, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mike[_27_]

Default Usenet communities closing down

I'm not sure how long it will be before this one is gone..

http://www.neowin.net/news/usenet-co...s-closing-down
Old May 24th 10, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"mike" > wrote in :

> I'm not sure how long it will be before this one is gone..
>
> http://www.neowin.net/news/usenet-co...s-closing-down

Really? I find that hard to believe. The server I'm posting with now
didn't even exist 10 years ago. Looks like just another semi-tech type
journalism piece. The one thing I've learned about journalists is they
have *no* clue about computers and related topics and simply cannot
write proper articles about them.

Old May 24th 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mike[_27_]

"APLer" > wrote in message
> "mike" > wrote in :
>
>> I'm not sure how long it will be before this one is gone..
>>
>> http://www.neowin.net/news/usenet-co...s-closing-down
>>

> Really? I find that hard to believe. The server I'm posting with now
> didn't even exist 10 years ago. Looks like just another semi-tech type
> journalism piece. The one thing I've learned about journalists is they
> have *no* clue about computers and related topics and simply cannot
> write proper articles about them.

well their mission statement is

"Where unprofessional journalism looks better."

I get the unprofessionalism vibe from them, you should read through the
forums some time. It's like digg, but different.. ;-)

Old May 24th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"mike" > wrote in :

> "APLer" > wrote in message
>> "mike" > wrote in :
>>
>>> I'm not sure how long it will be before this one is gone..
>>>
>>> http://www.neowin.net/news/usenet-co...s-closing-down
>>>

>> Really? I find that hard to believe. The server I'm posting with now
>> didn't even exist 10 years ago. Looks like just another semi-tech
>> type journalism piece. The one thing I've learned about journalists
>> is they have *no* clue about computers and related topics and simply
>> cannot write proper articles about them.
>>

> well their mission statement is
>
> "Where unprofessional journalism looks better."
>
> I get the unprofessionalism vibe from them, you should read through
> the forums some time. It's like digg, but different.. ;-)

More on the main point, I see no sign of giganews, astranews, easynews
or any of their competitors shutting down. The only real change I've
seen in the last couple of years with them is them not carrying some
groups and bubbanews and yottanews (which never really *was* a proper
server) having trouble.

Gated Communities: We helped Germany rebuilt, now let them helpus TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit[_2_] Driving 0 April 12th 10 05:08 PM
A Wee Bit Of Usenet Humour: usenet-server-retention.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_10_] Auto Photos 0 April 17th 08 06:42 AM
window closing using the key Mike Cook BMW 10 May 6th 06 12:03 AM
Boot not closing on 147 Tom Alfa Romeo 0 February 25th 06 05:10 PM
Where to find innovative BMW user communities? Marc BMW 3 December 4th 04 06:35 PM